News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., May 06, 2012, 01:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Level-One

Funny enough we're actually in the EXACT same boat. I watched WrestleMania and I actually enjoyed it. However - I couldn't help feel I didn't enjoy it enough as I should have. Brock Lesnar came back and I enjoyed that too - but rather then trying to sit through an episode of Raw, I just watched it's highlights. Haven't kept up with it for a few weeks already despite Lesnar coming back.

It's just... dead. I realized I have just grown out of it. There isn't much the WWE can do to really get me back into it even if I realize it's better then it was when I stopped watching (because it sucked) - it's just dead.

I can't speak for you but it sounds similar so I think we're on similar paths. A big part of it - is that I am into MMA much like I was into wrestling a few years ago if not more. The other part of it is probably because wrestling is one big story and after not watching for two years, I feel like I am trying to watch an episode of a show half way through it's fourth season. It just doesn't work.

So with that said, I can't really bash the WWE anymore. I am just done with wrestling beyond watching WrestleMania, I guess.

Doug E Fresh

I quit once and came back. I suppose it can be done again right?

SPDougie

I've known many people who quit and came back to watching so it definitely can be done.  I can say that I am not as into wrestling as I once was, but I think that is just something that happens with age.  And now with spoilers and predictable results there really aren't many things that can surprise me or a lot of people anymore.  At the end of the day I still see it as entertaining and don't try to take everything as seriously as I once did.

Black Death

It can be done... I agree with what has been said before me .  It does not dominate my life as when I was a teenager.  I remember never missing a monday night RAW or Nitro or smackdown . Hell I use to video tape the RAW and Smacjdown show for a collection. I had like least two years of raw and smackdown on tape with ppv  ( don't have them anymore lost them during one of my moves cross country )

I will watch when I get a chance , but now with spoilers and such . I don't have to watch every min of every show to understand what happening .
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

James

It can be done. I have had some friends who have quit watching and then came back a while later because of either a big return (The Rock and Brock Lesnar) or something big went down (CM Punk's promo in the summer) Hell, even I quit and came back a few times myself. Me personally, I still watch wrestling (more TNA than not but I don't really bash WWE these days), but it's not a dominant factor in my life like it was when I was a kid (it was like the end of the world type of thing if I missed one episode of Raw, Smackdown or Nitro back in the day). I guess it all goes back to whether wrestling still interests you or not.

Hondo

Growing up, I was obsessed with wrestling. Absolutely obsessed. I lived it and breathed it. I always kinda joked that I was one of nine people who actually liked WCW from 1991-1994, back when it sucked. I liked anything that came on. Whether it was some no-talent indy fed with a 3am Saturday night timeslot to Smoky Mountain to ECW to the Global fed that ran out of Dallas on ESPN, I watched it all.

It wasn't until I got a little bit older that I started noticing quality in wrestling. How to tell a really good wrestler from a crappy one, how to judge good storylines, things like that. After that I was a little more choosy about what I watched. That pretty much narrowed me down to WWF and ECW in the late 90's (I never was one for the Japanese stuff, although those guys worked hard and put on good matches).

After 2000, things started to skid along for me. I wasn't quite as interested as I used to be, mainly because the product wasn't as interesting to me as before. WCW was abysmal, unwatchable. ECW has lost almost every big star they had, and were struggling to build new ones. And it was business as usual in WWF, the same storylines, same guys. Not to mention that Smackdown had recently debuted, and it watered down the product in general. And the few new guys they were pushing weren't that interesting. It was starting to get real stale, and my interest started to wane. I'd still watch, but if I missed a show here and there, it wasn't the end of the world (which was previously unheard of).

Then WCW went under, and Vince bought them out in 2001. And almost instantly, I was in again.  Fully. All these dream matches were about to take place. Then the news came that the biggest stars weren't coming. And the ones they did bring were booked so poorly that they had no credibility whatsoever.

I remember the last Raw episode I watched regularly. It was July 9, 2001. The night "The Alliance" was formed. I remember Paul E and the ECW guys coming out and declaring war on the WWF. I marked out hard, they were finally going to do the Invasion storyline the right way. I was thrilled. I was on Cloud 9. My faith in wrestling had been restored. Then they proceeded to take my enthusiasm and beat it to death with reeds by making Stephanie McMahon the figurehead at the end of the show. S.O.S., as the expression goes. I remember being so incredibly pissed off that I just quit watching. I didn't watch a WWF/E show for at least five years, and still haven't watched three shows back to back to back. I would read a show report on occasion, but I wasn't watching. There was no need.

I've tried to come back, but the product has changed so much since I was a fan, it's hard to get into. I like a few guys and their ring work, but I'm indifferent about the rest of it. I could probably get drawn back in again, if a storyline catches my imagination. But they've had over 11 years to do it, and it hasn't happened yet.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Gary

Since last year, NBA took priority tv wise over WWE and now unless I think something big is gonna happen (or there is no NBA) I rarely watch, I just read recaps and if something big happens ill youtube it. I do watch the PPVs though, but thats because they are easily found online if not I'd probabl skip them all together.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Snap

I've gotten to the point where I rarely watch a complete episode of RAW or SmackDown, mostly because there's usually something else I would rather watch or I'm just not into it. A lot of times, though, I find what they feed us to be pretty insulting.