Trios / six-man tag titles

Started by Drama Queen, July 03, 2016, 12:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

These titles are proving to be hugely popular and successful in both NJPW and Lucha Underground.

Should wwe capitalize on this and introduce their own version?

For me, it's a no-brainer. It gives creative something to do with under utilized talent, and can give some meaning to established stables like the Wyatts. (Wish they had it when the shield were a unit.)

It also would give them a chance to let one of the many talented tag teams a chance with the belts, without ruining new Day's momentum, because they could focus on the trio title.

Thoughts?

Cory

If they decided to add another belt because of the brand extension and weren't adding a second world title, I think a Trios Belt would be as positive as a move as a Cruserweight belt. Hell add both. Maybe it'll make those god awful Raw main events where they toss everyone in a multi man tag mean something. But with the influx of tag teams I think I'd be wise to have a multi man belt on each roster as it's rare that tag teams feud with no belt in the mix.

Like you said; New Day, Wyatts, The Club are already established groups of 3. Could buck the trends completly and once Carmella gets called up have all 3 of Enzo and Cass.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Drama Queen on July 03, 2016, 12:26:54 PM
These titles are proving to be hugely popular and successful in both NJPW and Lucha Underground.

Should wwe capitalize on this and introduce their own version?

For me, it's a no-brainer. It gives creative something to do with under utilized talent, and can give some meaning to established stables like the Wyatts. (Wish they had it when the shield were a unit.)

It also would give them a chance to let one of the many talented tag teams a chance with the belts, without ruining new Day's momentum, because they could focus on the trio title.

Thoughts?

It's been a stable of Lucha libre for decades since it became popular in the 80's.

I'm sure anything would catch on as long s it's booked correctly and that's really why we are discussing.

Gravedigger

WWE doesn't care enough about teams to make this worth it, plus the brand split will dilute the number of factions, which is already low.

Black Death

It a good model to follow in my opinion and I wish it was something that they consider. It would help them out.

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Captain Metro

Quote from: Cory on July 03, 2016, 12:33:12 PM
Could buck the trends completly and once Carmella gets called up have all 3 of Enzo and Cass.

Will never happen - AJ his the Styles Clash on Carmella and the media will crucify WWE.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Drama Queen

Quote from: Gravedigger on July 04, 2016, 03:59:04 PM
WWE doesn't care enough about teams to make this worth it, plus the brand split will dilute the number of factions, which is already low.

It doesn't always have to be an established team. For example Team Elite of the Bullet Club recently lost the title to the team of Richochet, Sydal and Kojima who were merely put together for storyline purposes, but it does drive individual and tag team rivalries but in a more meaningful way the Ted Long declaring "I'm gonna put you in a tag team match" every week. Richochet and Sydal had great chemistry and will possibly feud with the Jacksons now, whereas Kojima may develop one on one feud with Omega. I don't expect them to be long term holders of the six man title, but that's ok, they be transitional champs until Bullet Club (either the Elite or the Samoan branch... the titles can set up a stable break up in this scenario.), Los Ingobernables or Chaos challenge them, or unless they start developing sound chemistry themselves. These titles helped propel a great feud between Omega and Elgin in similar circumstances.

As Pancho said, it's all in the booking. I think it would be a great tool if used right. The flip side is, yes it's one more thing WWE might manage to bollox up.

NJPW only has three real factions to speak of and it works for them.

Pancho, I get the feeling the teams in LU are usually of a more established nature (at least in the sense of a few episodes build-up?)