News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The first 8 mayors of Suplex City

Started by Black Death, July 25, 2016, 04:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

So I am watching Battleground with my buddy and  one of the commercials was for WWE2k17 with heyman doing a voiceover for Brock calling him the 9th mayor of Suplex City at one point during the promo .  Now that got me to  thinking  if Brock is the 9th mayor , who were the first 8 mayors.  So me and my buddy starting talking about that and we came up with a list of the 8 mayors before Brock

now this is in no set order

Taz
Dynamite Kid
Dr. Death
Scott Steiner
Benoit
Dean Malenko
Regal
Angle

First 8 mayors of Suplex city

Do you agree with this list? Now I am asking you to put up your own list , do  you think we got it right , did I leave someone out .  Let me know
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

jagilki

I always hear "Ninth Mayor" but according to a lot of people it's "Nightmare"

Talon

No love for Mr. Chain Belly to Belly, Ken Shamrock?

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Black Death

Quote from: jagilki on July 25, 2016, 08:23:24 AM
I always hear "Ninth Mayor" but according to a lot of people it's "Nightmare"

honestly , Ninth Mayor sounds better than nightmare

Quote from: Talon on July 25, 2016, 10:01:25 AM
No love for Mr. Chain Belly to Belly, Ken Shamrock?

He completely slip my mind , I could remove Dynamite Kid and put Shamrock in his place. no problem with that

Taz
Ken Shamrock
Dr. Death
Scott Steiner
Benoit
Dean Malenko
Regal
Angle

Revised list

Ty

Ive never heard of the 5th guy on your list. It's like he never existed or something.

Captain Metro

Not going to lie that the list feels weird without Hennig ... even if it's just for the Perfect-Plex alone.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Black Death

Quote from: Captain Metro on July 25, 2016, 03:40:36 PM
Not going to lie that the list feels weird without Hennig ... even if it's just for the Perfect-Plex alone.

Actually me and my buddy talked about Henning , we're big fans , just found it hard to put him on the list. compare to other guys.

FXBlade

Black Death

Eddie , there is an argument for him, who would you remove  if I put him of the list.

FXBlade

Black Death

Taz
Eddie Guerrero
Dr. Death
Scott Steiner
Benoit
Dean Malenko
Regal
Angle

Revised list

Honestly ,  Malenko is the man of 1, 000 holds , I feel more comfortable removing Shamrock before Malenko  for Eddie

if you guys have another list let me know... or do you think this one will do.  I think I nailed it honestly , but few vice mayors you might say lol

Kieran King

I feel like Perry Saturn should be in the conversation too but I'm not sure I'd remove any of those guys for him.

Drama Queen

Thing about Eddie is suplexes are not what made him famous, whereas everyone else mentioned were kind of known for them. I think to be mayor of suplex city, you have to be known for your suplexes (whether they are the best suplexes or not) and to me Eddie was more of a high flyer/ chain wrestler.

Black Death

Quote from: Drama Queen on July 25, 2016, 05:44:24 PM
Thing about Eddie is suplexes are not what made him famous, whereas everyone else mentioned were kind of known for them. I think to be mayor of suplex city, you have to be known for your suplexes (whether they are the best suplexes or not) and to me Eddie was more of a high flyer/ chain wrestler.

same thoughts also when I was talking to my buddy last night

Black Death

Quote from: Kieran King on July 25, 2016, 05:10:13 PM
I feel like Perry Saturn should be in the conversation too but I'm not sure I'd remove any of those guys for him.

Saturn was another thought also ... just did not see him fitting with the group ... he in the conversation also. just  don't know