Brock Lesnar altercation backstage at SummerSlam?

Started by Rob, August 22, 2016, 06:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Could be hot garbage because it's reported by Meltzer.

But it's reported by Meltzer so I thought I'd share.

QuoteThe ending of the Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar match, which went pretty much as planned, led to a verbal and somewhat physical confrontation between Lesnar and Chris Jericho last night.

According to multiple sources, Jericho came to the Gorilla position just as the match ended, apparently to see if Orton was okay and what exactly happened. He asked Michael Hayes what the finish was, or was that the finish, and Hayes wouldn't answer him, at which point he said, "That's bullshit."

He said that just as Lesnar came out, and Lesnar thought he was talking about his match, and called Jericho a pussy according to one version, or to shut up according to another, and mind his own business. The two got face-to-face and started exchanging words, with one version saying they were shouting. Lesnar pushed Jericho with his fingers and Jericho did what was described as the "Rousey-Tate" forehead press.

They got tangled up against the wall and Lesnar told Jericho to punch him or kiss him. Paul Levesque jumped in quickly and broke it up. It was heated enough that they were back at it and this time Vince McMahon broke it up and Jericho started yelling about Lesnar and McMahon told Jericho that it was all a work and be professional. Levesque reportedly told McMahon that Lesnar started it and Jericho was just standing up for himself but there were more words exchanged.

Jericho saw Orton and got mad, which everyone noted was because he was concerned with Orton's health and safety, but Orton reportedly assured him that he knew it was coming.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jon

Work or not... It grabbed my attention.

If Orton did allow himself to be opened up like that, damn, that's fucking nuts. It still feels like it was accidental, but Meltzer isn't usually off when he comes out with something like that.

It's going to be an interesting week as we get more details about the situation.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Mike Powers

Quote from: Rob on August 22, 2016, 06:10:00 PM
Could be hot garbage because it's reported by Meltzer.

But it's reported by Meltzer so I thought I'd share.

I'll never understand this mentality.  Meltzer is about the only legitimate news source we have in wrestling, but people constantly feel the need to take shots at him.  His track record of roughly 30+ years of getting it right much more than getting it wrong doesn't speak for itself?

Wrestling fans are so weird.

Black Death

sounds like something that could have happen , but why would WWE let something like this  get out , you think they would ask Meltzer if he was there to not report it or Meltzer got a souce backstage that let him know what went down.

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Rob

I'm cautious of anything as speculative and kooky as this story appears
SixersEagles

[/center]

Gravedigger

Chances are the blood was planned, but not so much of it... Lesnar open him up big time.

Chris Shields

Quote from: Rob on August 22, 2016, 06:42:50 PM
I'm cautious of anything as speculative and kooky as this story appears
What's kooky about a well known asshole (Lesnar) getting pissed off at someone, and that person standing up for themselves? Remember, Jericho didn't take any shit from Goldberg back in WCW, so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't take any shit from Lesnar either.

Rob

Its just the way it reads to me off the page, maybe it's just me having a problem with the way it's written.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Drama Queen

Duckman

I'm sure there was something similar to this the last time Brock did one of those hard way cuts to someone - Cena at Extreme Rules a few years back.  I don't think it was Jericho, but I remember a few people complaining (publically) about Brock working too stiff and taking liberties with Cena.

Sounds like the idea was to do the TKO finish, without pinning Orton, and build Brock up even more as the 'shooter' from UFC who goes too far and is the only 'real' guy in the company.  Which is fine, but sounds like he really fucked Orton up (I haven't seen the match yet but my brother text me to say Orton got Brocked).

It'll have been a work to do the finish like that, but as always when you hit someone for real, you can't always control the outcome and this one looked bad for Orton - ten staples to close his head WWE reported.

As for Meltzer, compare to some of the rags out there online that write utter rubbish, with 30 odd years doing it, I believe him 9/10 when it comes to his story.  That's why I pay a subscription to him every month.  Best and most accurate writing on wrestling around.

Also Jericho is like a little terrier!  Never backs down from these bigger dudes.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Drama Queen on August 22, 2016, 07:38:43 PM
It does sound a bit high-schoolish tbh.

It is a wrestling locker room after all. And Jericho is one of the older guys so I can see him get upset that Brock "didn't take care of his opponent"

Rob

Yeah you're probably right there... As reports go Jericho has always been a defendant of what's best for the integrity of the business.

SixersEagles

[/center]

Flins.

In my opinion it was clearly a work, even the cut from the elbow strike. Orton drops his hands and allows Brock a couple of clean shots before going back to guarding himself against the pitter/patter punches. It was a strange match all round though, Orton just didn't seem up for it.

Cory

I love that match got so much heat from everyone saying it was garbage and lesnar sucks but the fact that it draws the line so fine between shoot and work makes it brilliant.

You can certainly argue about its position on the card....it shouldn't have been the main event but the angle it's self was one of the best in years. Smarks and Marks alike couldn't tell if it was real or fake.

(Clearly it was all a work)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Gravedigger

If that was the intended finish it had to be last... They weren't going to make the rest of the card wrestle in a pool of Orton's blood....