News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Alberto Del Rio released

Started by jagilki, September 09, 2016, 10:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagilki

STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE and Jose Rodriguez (Alberto Del Rio) have mutually agreed upon the terms of his release as of today, September 9, 2016.

http://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-releases-alberto-del-rio

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Mike Powers

Chris Shields

Adam Wrong

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Chris Shields

Quote from: Fnord on September 09, 2016, 01:18:45 PM
But what about his destiny?
He has a new destiny, to fuck the fuck off.

Rob

Always thought he had "go away" heat rather than heel heat. No big loss to be honest, I don't see him in the same mould or work ethic as the stars they're pushing right now.
SixersEagles

[/center]

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Rob on September 09, 2016, 02:00:26 PM
Always thought he had "go away" heat rather than heel heat. No big loss to be honest, I don't see him in the same mould or work ethic as the stars they're pushing right now.

You would be wrong ... But you already Knew that  ;)

Chris Shields

Quote from: ¿PapaPancho? on September 09, 2016, 04:39:15 PM
You would be wrong ... But you already Knew that  ;)
How is he wrong? I know I wanted him to go away, as did a lot of people that I know and talked to. His whole thing gets very old very quickly and people get tired of seeing him. Shows I went to, people weren't booing him because they didn't like him, they were booing him because they didn't want to see him.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Chris Shields on September 09, 2016, 10:03:25 PM
How is he wrong? I know I wanted him to go away, as did a lot of people that I know and talked to. His whole thing gets very old very quickly and people get tired of seeing him. Shows I went to, people weren't booing him because they didn't like him, they were booing him because they didn't want to see him.

And the shows I went to he had the opposite effect.

That's across two countries too.

Gravedigger

I think he hit the WWE in the wrong era. 20-25 years ago his rich guy/foreigner deal would have gotten huge heat, but it didn't have the staying power in today's era, at least in WWE. That's not to say that he's not a talented guy and couldn't get over if put in the right position, it just didn't quite work with what he was given to work with by creative.

Chris Shields

Quote from: ¿PapaPancho? on September 09, 2016, 10:27:32 PM
And the shows I went to he had the opposite effect.

That's across two countries too.
Different areas maybe. I can say that I was at their biggest show, and he was very hated.

Kieran King

Del Rio has always been a little bit paradoxical for me. Every single segment he was ever in (without Ricardo Rodriguez anyway) had me wanting him to just leave. But for me his ring work always told the right story: he was an angry dude who I could buy as not only actually wanting to hurt his opponent but being fully capable of doing so.

I think of him as another case of WWE trying to use a one-size fits all approach to characters, similar to what we've seen with Roman Reigns, Sheamus and are seeing with Gallows and Anderson right now. The only time they managed to hide his weaknesses and emphasize his strengths was when he was with Ricardo. By himself, he just didn't work the way they were trying to force him to.

Kise

I honestly think Ricardo is what made him. With Ricardo, he was nothing special. His movement was bordering on lanky as well.