News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Dragon Gate USA 'Freedom Fight PPV' - 22nd Jan 2010

Started by Duckman, December 30, 2009, 05:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

From DGUSA.tv:

Dragon Gate USA returns to pay-per-view with "Freedom Fight" on January 22nd with an affordable price. It'll feature a one-night tournament with a unique format to crown the first ever Open The Freedom Gate Champion. The last DGUSA PPV, "Untouchable," received a 100% "thumbs up" rating in the Nov. 16th issue of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. "Freedom Fight" continues this standard of excellence.

Watch it starting on January 22nd on iN DEMAND, The DISH Network and TVN in the United States and Viewer's Choice and Bell ExpressVU in Canada. Check your local listings for time, channel, price and replay times.

Dragon Gate USA has assembled a roster of the elite from all over the world to compete for the Open The Freedom Gate Championship. Who will go down in the record books as the first title holder? As if this tourney wasn't enough for you, DGUSA has added a bonus main event. It is tag team wrestling at its best with some personal issues as Dragon Kid & Shingo battle Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino. Take a look at the complete lineup:

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match - Elimination Rules
Winners Of The Four Qualifying Matches

Qualifying Match #1 - Next Level
Davey Richards vs. YAMATO

Qualifying Match #2 - Salute To Skayde
Super Crazy vs. Mike Quackenbush vs. CIMA vs. Jorge "Skayde" Rivera

Qualifying Match #3 - Redemption
Brian Kendrick vs. BxB Hulk

Qualifying Match #4 - Generation New
Matt Jackson of Young Bucks vs. Nick Jackson of Young Bucks vs. Gran Akuma vs. Hallowicked vs. Lince Dorado vs. Johnny Gargano

Bonus Main Event - Tag Team Challenge Match
Dragon Kid & Shingo vs. Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi

Join us for the beginning of a new year and new era when DGUSA crowns its first champion at "Freedom Fight" from Philadelphia, airing on pay-per-view with a January 22nd premiere. Get in on the ground floor and see why DGUSA is the hottest new promotion in the world!!!

There's no doubt in my mind the first two DGUSA PPV's I've bought have been the best wrestling shows I've seen this year.  The in-ring action has been stunning and the quality of the DVD's, the extras, the artwork, the cool double disk packaging etc just brings a whole new level of quality to their product.

From the reports I've read the Richards vs. YAMATO match is another stunning display from both guys.  The main event tag match featuring Dragon Kid & Shingo vs. Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi is said to be pushing the 5 star mark and an early match of the year contender for 2010 - even though it happened in 2009!

Check out this cool video hyping this show:

http://www.vimeo.com/8335383

I can't fucking wait for this show to come out on DVD!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.