This is what I love about TNA fans and the new Ranking system!!!

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, April 28, 2010, 09:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Black Death on April 29, 2010, 12:33:50 AM
LMAO  @ fan voting

people actually think they have a say 

god bless there little hearts

But I think they do. TNA as I have stated many many many times is coming off being a glorified indy fed to be a somewhat mainstream promotion. Why wouldnt they give the fans what they want in terms of title matches a bit. One thing Bischoff is not is stupid...guy turned a complete and utter fucked up company and made a shit ton of money for it. Did he fuck up WCW? Yes. Would there have been a WCW without him? No there wouldnt. I tend to side with a guy who almost buried WWE rather than focusing on the stuff he did wrong. Its easy to be a critic as I know myself sat in a pc chair on the net.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jose The Law Ramon

Don't forget the last time they had a vote thing up was when they had the dream match where the fans got to vote on it and actually brought in an indy wrestler. So don't just push it out of hand automatically that they're going to fix the vote.

Tezmission Black

My only problem with it is that to be fair they should have all the male members on the roster on the vote, if your going to do a top ten might as well let the fans choose between every person on the roster, then if need be to get rid of any ties, go on and make smaller polls. Yes it may be longer ordeal, but right now they can continue to push AJ and RVD for at least another month or so.

Black Death

I not dismissing it all of it , it great way to get pulse of where the fans are leaning , but actual effect change in there storyline and pushes .  I don't see it happening , because if they did listen , they would be in a better spot then where they are right now
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Gary

I do know TNA is trying its best to see what fans want, they've been showing impact eps to focus groups to gauge their opinions..and I do think this is another step in that direction. Regardless if it makes any change or not, TNA is doing something to listen to the fans.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Duckman

Just as long as they do listen to the results, don't forget, EB/Russo did the exact same thing in WCW when ratings tanked - then ignored all the fan responses under the assumption that the fans didn't know what they wanted to make a good wrestling show. 

Although to be fair  when I think about wrestling fan surveys on the shows, I've got an image of that episode of The Simpsons where they try to get ideas for new toys from the kids in the school.  They all want something different and the guy doing the research ends up snapping and making Ralph Wiggum cry.

Here's hoping TNA don't make Ralph cry.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Conor

It's a good idea, as long as they follow through and listen to what the fans ask for. It might be no bad thing to do this with other titles as well and develop three or four top contenders based on who fans most want to see.

The question is whether or not this is an accurate survey of TNA's general audience or if it's the internet fans bombarding the poll with votes. Desmond Wolfe's always gonna have a cult following online, but are casual fans more interested in seeing Jeff Hardy in a title match? Right now they're both at 27%, with Wolfe a couple of thousand votes ahead.

The most disappointing aspect of all this is just how low AJ Styles has scored. Here's a guy who was champion for months, put on excellent matches against a wide variety of opponents and was supposedly getting the rub from Ric Flair in his corner. And yet he can't garner more than 6% of the vote. Then again, Kurt Angle has only 4% and he remains popular. Perhaps fans just want some fresh blood in the World title mix, which is no bad thing.

323,880 Total Votes - Damn, TNA might not be able to promote a Pay-Per-View, but they sure know how to sell a poll!

Drama Queen

Quote from: Token Irishman on May 01, 2010, 09:26:11 AM
It's a good idea, as long as they follow through and listen to what the fans ask for. It might be no bad thing to do this with other titles as well and develop three or four top contenders based on who fans most want to see.

The question is whether or not this is an accurate survey of TNA's general audience or if it's the internet fans bombarding the poll with votes. Desmond Wolfe's always gonna have a cult following online, but are casual fans more interested in seeing Jeff Hardy in a title match? Right now they're both at 27%, with Wolfe a couple of thousand votes ahead.

The most disappointing aspect of all this is just how low AJ Styles has scored. Here's a guy who was champion for months, put on excellent matches against a wide variety of opponents and was supposedly getting the rub from Ric Flair in his corner. And yet he can't garner more than 6% of the vote. Then again, Kurt Angle has only 4% and he remains popular. Perhaps fans just want some fresh blood in the World title mix, which is no bad thing.

323,880 Total Votes - Damn, TNA might not be able to promote a Pay-Per-View, but they sure know how to sell a poll!

With regards to the internet fans, I get the impression that a larger percentage of TNA's fan base are the internet fans anyway. They are still not the mainstream, people have to actually be somewhat into wrestling to give them a chance rather than the WWE's more generalized demographic. I bet that before he joined TNA a lot more TNA fans had heard of McGuinness than WWE fans had. So yeah, I can see there being a closer resemblence in a TNA poll to what people at this board would pick than a WWE.com poll. There are probably still a surprising amount of WWE fans who dont know who AJ Styles or Samoa Joe are! (ie 10 year old kids)

As for Styles and Kurt not garnering as many votes, I think you are correct in saying it's a case of wanting new blood. If after six months Styles has not been in the title picture or Kurt has not been in such a prolific feud, then I could see them being at the top of the polls then.

jagilki

Quote from: Duckman on April 30, 2010, 06:56:31 PM
Here's hoping TNA don't make Ralph cry.

They made him cry yesterday when they fired him for being a douchebag.

Duckman

Quote from: Drama Queen on May 01, 2010, 01:32:16 PM
There are probably still a surprising amount of WWE fans who dont know who AJ Styles or Samoa Joe are! (ie 10 year old kids)

Judging by the reaction from the crowd on SD this week a lot of WWE fans don't know who Edge and Christian are...or at least their history together.  Fucking crickets riding tumble weeds when they did their promos this week.

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Russ

Lol, Edge and Christian with a past together. You say the stupidest things sometimes Sam. God.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Excaligore

I don't know. I'd rather them silently take in votes/feedback rather than doing an open poll. I mean, we're supposed to believe these fake fights are real and not popularity contests. Then again, who cares if you're appealing to the Internet crowd?

Better than the Cyber Sunday obviously rigged polls I guess, though.

Duckman

The major problem with appealing to the internet crowd is you make NO money.  They don't go to live events, they don't buy merchandise and they download your shows and PPVs.

Only ROH has been able to appeal to the internet crowd and also make some money for the promotion and that's due to live events and sales on their DVDs every week.

Peace

Duckman

Joey WARPED

I'm eager to see how TNA iMPACT! plays this... will be watching!! Go Roofie!