News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

WWE Scramble Matches

Started by Ash Bombay, August 22, 2008, 09:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash Bombay

***SPOILERS, Don't read SPOILERS. *****

Now. What does everyone think of the WWE Championship Scramble matches? First. RAW.

CM Punk vs JBL vs John Cena vs Batista vs Kane.

Now where as all of these guys have won the title before, I see this being a back and forth match, with all these claiming a "temporary championship" for a few minutes. JBL is too stale to win the strap, Kane would be a good one, but he has something going on with Rey Mysterio apparantly, and Batista and Cena don't need the title right now. Plus Punk jobbin to Jericho this week, I think Punk will pull off something at the end to sneak off with the championship. Just how I see it tho.

Smackdown.

HHH vs Shelton Benjermin vs MVP vs Jeff Hardy vs The Brian Kendrick.

Now, this one is more interesting to me. Fresher faces in the main event. Obviously HHH is retaining here, but the fact of putting The Brian Kendrick, MVP and Shelton in a main event for a World title at the ppv is awesome. The entire match up has a nice feel to it, and will give a chance to test the 4 of them in the main event against the crowd and see the response. I for one like the match up.

What do you guys think?

The Murph

I actually prefer the Smackdown match. Will be a much more watchable non clusterfuck match. The Raw one has too many people who I don't think can wrestle a lick. Actually Punk is the only of the 5 who I can tolerate watching a match of. Now if they only replaced Triple H with Punk in that match it would be amazing.

Jon Tees

I personally feel it would have been a better idea to you know come up with something different and Original for Smackdown as opposed to having Smackdown put on the exact same match Raw is putting on, on the same pay per view no less. The only difference is the competitors  involved but when push comes to shove it’s the same match. Think two elimination chamber or two hell in a cell matches on the same show, case and point here. In short it seems like over kill.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

Russ

THE BRIAN KENDRICK 4 WWE CHAMPION!!!!!
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Tezmission Black

For RAW I am going to have to say I wanna see either Kane or JBL win it, Kane more so cause I can't stand the rest of the guys

On the SD side. any of those guys besides Hardy and TBK, but TBK might make a great one, some years later

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I think the whole concept of the scramble match is gay as fuck. Why because it just belittles the big belts on both brands. I mean I can see Kendrick winning at least once just for JR to say...

well he was wwe champ tazz albeit for 5 seconds...

Its stupid as hell if you ask me.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Drake Daniels

The whole rule of the title thing is they aren't WWE/World Champion unless the bell rings at the end and they were the last person to score the pinfall or score the submission. So no one will be called a Champion unless its at the end. I think the Smackdown one is being used to put people over, and if you think about it MVP and TBK are the only two not to score a pinfall on Triple H so its not as far fetch as some may claim. I also think its way to early for TBK to be put into this match, it just feels like he is being force feed to us. I would have had a TBK vs Shelton match but then again both are heel so it wouldn't have come out as good either.

Duckman

From prowrestling.net:

WWE has changed the rules to the Championship Scramble matches that will take place at the Unforgiven pay-per-view. The new rules state that the entrants will be randomly drawn and the wrestlers that score pinfalls during the match will be recognized as interim champions, but only the winner of the match will be declared the actual champion in the record books. To check out the new rules, visit WWE.com.

They originally had the Champions coming in first, which just put them at a stupid disadvantage.

As for the matches, it's great to see some fresh faces in the ME scene on Smackdown.  I'd imagine if it wasn't for the injuries to Umaga and Kennedy, one of them would be in ahead of TBK.  Quite surprised they didn't put Big Show in there.  I think this could be the lead in to Jeff Hardy vs HHH round 2 because judging by Summerslam, Hardy is one of the most over guys in the company with the live crowds.

On the Raw side it's the usual suspects I suppose.  Hopefully Punk gets out wth the Title because he put on a good match with JBL at Summerslam, is over with the crowds and is no doubt shifting tons of merchandise.  It's also a bit early for him to drop the belt if they want to get anything more out of his Title run than just the novelty factory.  I'm just waiting for the Batista heel turn on Raw, it's got to happen soon.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Duckman on August 24, 2008, 03:34:57 PM
From prowrestling.net:

WWE has changed the rules to the Championship Scramble matches that will take place at the Unforgiven pay-per-view. The new rules state that the entrants will be randomly drawn and the wrestlers that score pinfalls during the match will be recognized as interim champions, but only the winner of the match will be declared the actual champion in the record books. To check out the new rules, visit WWE.com.

WTF are they being a Ryan Davis and following me around the fucking internet.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Smash INC

Well, its is the age old rule.

They steal our ideas, we steal their pictures.

Jonny Worldbeater

Sounds very TNA/Russoriffic, so I have very low expectations for it, but maybe the peeps involved can pull something decent out of these things.

It's not like anybody REALLY cares about the title matches though. The big match was always gonna be Shawn & Jericho.

Ash Bombay

source: the wrestling observer

As of this writing, WWE creative has plans for the winner of the SmackDown Scramble match at Unforgiven to defend the title later in the night against Undertaker. The angle would be that Vickie Guerrero is giving him the title shot as a peace offering.

So...its pretty apparant that Triple H is definately going to lose at Unforgiven. I don't see him going over twice. I see them giving it to Jeff Hardy who loses to UT. Or I see TBK or MVP winning, and going over twice to build his credibility of a champ.

Duckman

No chance TBK or MVP win the Title off Triple H.

TBK isn't over enough and I don't think he'll ever be a World Champion in WWE, he's got a decent act and will make a good upper mid card act in a few years, but right now he's not ready, at all.

MVP is in the shit with WWE officials for making comments to one of the dudes who watches them piss when they fill the cups for the drugs tests.  Plus I don't think WWE are sure given MVP's past (the years he spent in the jail, the big Malcolm X tatoo on his chest) whether or not to give him the big push.

It would be a big mistake to put an Undertaker World Title match on at such short notice.  Especially with the amazing HBK vs Jericho feud they've got going.

Should save the Taker World Title match for Survivor Series and not just hot shot it.  HHH vs Taker with the proper build up for the World Title could do some big money.

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ash Bombay

Duckman, I understand what you are saying. But to have a HHH brush off match with UT after the scramble makes no sense whats so ever. Having him kill all the credibility with the fresh faces in the main event, and then the UT, would make him even more of the Main Eventer he already is, and kills all momentium for people to watch Smackdown. I can see them actually giving it to Hardy, Just for him to drop it to UT. But a face / face match / Fued leading to Survivor Series would be ridiculious. Face / Face fueds are only good if properly done, and 4 weeks isn't good enough amount of time to pull that off. Especially with the Edge / Vikkie deal still looming.  And to give Hardy the win over Triple H and a loss to UT would be ridiculious in my opinion because it gives him no credibility, and its still a face beating a face beating a face.
So that leaves the 3 heels in the match to win, and drop it. Or win both matches and get instant crediblity as a main eventer.  Shelton, he has the skills to do it, but, he only shows up when he wants, and I don't think he is a draw. And his mic skills aren't there. That leaves TBK and MVP who have the mic skills, and the wrestling ability. WWE might be scared to invest in MVP. And TBK has been rushed onto the scene, even tho he's been there forever now, holding the tag belt for 2 out of the last 3 years. Plus, The Brian Kendrick as the chicken shit heel, who by fluke got the title from HHH and beat UT, and get chased around by one of them two monsters, would be pretty entertaining. But you know, that may just be my opinion.

Duckman

I don't see the Taker match happening at the PPV, that's my take on it.

Plus face vs face feuds can be great, especially with two over faces.  Batista vs Cena got a great reaction.  Hell look back to Hogan vs Warrior, probably the most famous face vs face match of all time.

WWE gives nothing time these days, look how quick they did Batista vs Cena.  HBK vs Jericho has had 6 months and it feels like it's been building for years because everything around it so quick fire.

HHH vs Undertaker would have to be the main event of a big PPV, like Survivor Series, or hell even the Rumble, there would be no point in them having it at the end of a PPV like Unforgiven.

Also giving the belt to Hardy, then having him drop it the same night to Taker makes even less sense.  It kills Hardy and any momentum he has, the fans might reject Taker coming back in a beating the new Champ so quickly.  Plus they're doing the underdog champion deal with Punk on Raw.

I'll wait to see if these rumours about the Taker match at Unforgiven actually come to something, but at the moment all that does is give WWE more problems than anything else! 

Peace

Duckman