News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

-Partial- 8/19 TNA Spoilers.

Started by jagilki, August 10, 2010, 07:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagilki

Will update.

QuoteLIVE IMPACT SPOILERS, WITH A MAJOR SPOILER TO START THE SHOW
by Mike Johnson @ 6:22 PM on 8/10/2010

Dark Match:

Robby G (Rob Eckos) with Cookie (Becky Bayless) defeated Jeremy Buck. G and Cookie were doing a takeoff of The Situation and Snooki on the Jersey Shore.
Impact:

The 8/19 edition of Impact opened with Eric Bischoff announcing that Rob Van Dam has been hospitalized with likely head and spinal trauma, 115 stitches and possibly punctured organs. Bischoff said that after meeting with Van Dam's doctors and Dixie Carter, they have decided to vacate the TNA title. A tournament with the top 8 contenders will start tonight with the finals being held at Bound for Glory.

Bischoff said that Van Dam has a home in TNA and they will be happy to welcome him back if and when he is able to recover.

Ric Flair and Fortune came out. They have a new hand signal. Flair said he's hired Matt Morgan as his bodyguard. He said EV2.0 are undisciplined animals and don't deserve to be in his business. He said people can say what they want but they are all in TNA to stay. AJ Styles said EV2 couldn't let things go. They wanted one last shot of glory and now they got what they deserved. He said no one has wrestled more for TNA than him and this is the house that he built. TNA President Dixie Carter came out and said Styles may have built this house, but she owns it and now its "their house." Out come a bruised and battered EV2.0. She said that Flair may be the dirtiest player in the game but not the smartest. Last week, EV2.0 didn't have contracts but this week,...and pulled out contracts for all of the former ECW stars to sign. Flair began going off on EV2.0 and Carter. Tommy Dreamer told Flair he may be the living legend, but if Carter didn't tell him to wait, EV2.0 would hit the ring and kick their asses. Dreamer said Dixie let them acknowledge the past but now its time to let go and move forward. He told Flair he needed to let the past. Hogan and everything go because now its all about TNA. Foley and Flair began going back and forth on the mic. The idea here was that Foley convinced Flair to come to TNA and now regrets he ever did so. Flair challenged them to fight. Foley and Dreamer said when Dixie tells them they can fight, then they will because they are men of their word and work for Dixie. Dreamer warned Abyss that EV2.0 was looking for him because of what he did to RVD. Dreamer then announced he had all the respect in the world for AJ Styles until last week when he jumped on him so now they are going to fight later for the first time and its going to be extreme.

Jeff Hardy pinned Rob Terry with the swanton.

Hardy and Abyss were brawling because Hardy attacked him looking for revenge for what happened to RVD.

Ken Anderson pinned Jay Lethal with the Mic Check. They shook hands after the match. Good stuff.

TNA Knockouts champ Angelina Love pinned Madison Rayne. Velvet Sky came out and she and Love brawled with Rayne and the Motorcycle woman before the bell. Sky distracted Rayne to set up the finish. Velvet and Love shook hands after the match and raised their arms but were laid out by the heels.

Gary

Thank god the ECW thing was a one night thing and not an ongoing storyline. And if there is no reason to have your champ vacate the belt (injury firing)..why do it?

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Black Death

i said it before , it was not going to end with that show.   but they just split the roster down middle , with two camps , either your for hardcore or your not ...

also is the rvd droping the belt a legit injury  or his title  run  meant nothing  if they can just discard like that , shit should had him just lose the title in the ring .
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Gary

He isnt injured, but is taking time off..because you know he's been in TNA for so long he needs time off.

[/center]

Black Death

Quote from: Guille on August 10, 2010, 07:40:58 PM
He isnt injured, but is taking time off..because you know he's been in TNA for so long he needs time off.

Time off!!!   what the fuck ... his weed supply getting low ... can't smoke at the time he wants.     

Damn his work load must be brutal...   

i hope the fucking company burns down.  with the managment inside... you put the belt on a guy that track record is spotty and you get this , Great job TNA   another homerun 

jagilki

More

Kurt Angle forced X-Division champ Douglas Williams to the anklelock. Short but lots of good wrestling here.

Sting and Kevin Nash came out. Nash said that he's been called a cancer but the reality is that after 20 years and 28 operations he's not here for the money but because he loves pro wrestling. Nash said that he's not going to be told to step aside and if someone wants his spot, they have to take it. Nash said the cancer isn't him but the smoke and mirrors in the back. Nash said the company is close to turning the corner and setting the world on its ear. Nash said he's tired of the garbage and he wants the truth. Jeff Jarrett came out and said the truth is Nash hasn't cared about anyone but himself for 20 years. Jarrett warned Sting that he knows his skeletons and could expose them if he wanted to. Jarrett praised what Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff did for the company. Jeff said he was going to the ring with a chair to kick their asses. Hulk Hogan came out and said if Jeff is going to the ring, Hulk's going with him. Hogan told Nash and Sting they are jealous of the spotlight being on the young guys and not them. Hogan dared Sting to put the bat down and be a real man. Sting tossed it out. Hogan and Jarrett came to ringside. They hit the ring. The lights went out and when they returned, Fortune was beating down all four of them.

Black Death

Wait , so the whole angle is four guys dick waving at each other over stuff that most tna fans have no clue what they are talking about and then they all get beaten up in the end

so Fortune is now the main group that beat the shit out of everyone  ie  main event mafia , world elite  ... also what the hell is this lights going out , undertaker style reveal all the fucking time .  you think it get annoying after awhile   

Drama Queen

OK, vacating a title and more ECW crap and Nash and Sting and Hogan and Jarrett talking about putting the spotlight on young guys, and the knockout division is the BP now and that's about it?

Yep.

Call me a TNA hater and yep accuse me of passing judgement without watching the show.

I will NOT invest two hours of my life into something that annoys me in so many ways.

jagilki

more

QuotePope Dinero pinned Matt Morgan. The finish saw Morgan miss the running kick into the ringpost on the floor and crotch himself. Pope hit the Elijah Express on Morgan into the post then pinned him.

AJ Styles vs. Tommy Dreamer for the first time ever. They go back and forth. Styles busts open Dreamer's cut. Dreamer comes back and hits a DDT. Fortune makes their way to the ring but EV2.0 come running in from a side door. There's a big brawl all around ringside. Abyss runs in from the crowd and hits the Black Hole Slam on Dreamer. Styles scores the pin. There's a long Fortune vs. EV2.0 brawl to close the show before they are separated. Fun

! JDM The Professional !

From a dedicated TNA supporters point of view...

RVD vacating title- That is fucking bull shit! as someone said, have fucking Abyss beat him for it for fucks sake. Who gives a shit! fuckkkkk

Ev..2 staying in TNA- I don't have a problem with it at all depending on who represents them. If the actual decent wrestlers are Ev.2 then it is good (Tommy being the only exception because hes gay)

8 man tourney. Lets hope it works out good and Desmond Wolfe wins. :D

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Alex Smiley

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on August 11, 2010, 09:25:21 AM

RVD vacating title- That is fucking bull shit! as someone said, have fucking Abyss beat him for it for fucks sake. Who gives a shit! fuckkkkk

See? We can all agree on something.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

The Dudester

RVD (from reports I read) was needing personal time off for family matters. That's why they went with the injury angle.

And, wrestling fans (traditionally) LOVE tournaments, hence why they are doing the tournament. It's to further push intrigue into the show.

I'm really surprised that so many of you are flipping out over this, like it's the first time a wrestling company has had a tournament to crown a new champ before...

WWF.. 80's, WM4... tournament. Why? because a crooked ref screwed Hogan. (Knights response.. "why didn't they just give the title back to Hogan?")

WWE.. 90's.. Austin screws Kane and Taker, so SSeries tourny is set up. (Knights response.. "They should have just had Taker v Kane go at it again).

WCW.. tournament for the title... Yeah, I can't even make sense of that clusterfuck...

In wrestling, when working injury "ANGLES", it's commonplace to strip a champion if they are unable to defend the title, and since they were not beaten, a tournament is crowned to declare a new champ.

RVD "suffered injuries" in his brawl with Abyss and won. Now he's "injured". From  KAYFABE standpoint (you know, that thing that wrestling uses because it's NOT real) RVD and Abyss went to war, RVD was the better man. There is NOTHING wrong with that.

Gary

Thing is Maddox, why not use RVD having to leave to put someone over, it makes no sense..and we just got off a tag team tournament about a month and a half ago and now this? I call bullshit, RVD could've put over AJ Styles, Abyss, Hardy, Anderson, Pope, whomever instead a tournament does nothing, cause then when RVD comes back.. "i never lost the title" its been done to death.

[/center]

Drama Queen

Quote from: Guille on August 11, 2010, 05:55:12 PM
Thing is Maddox, why not use RVD having to leave to put someone over, it makes no sense..and we just got off a tag team tournament about a month and a half ago and now this? I call bullshit, RVD could've put over AJ Styles, Abyss, Hardy, Anderson, Pope, whomever instead a tournament does nothing, cause then when RVD comes back.. "i never lost the title" its been done to death.

This.

Yes Maddox, it is not the first time this has happened, and I have hated it every time. Sometimes it legitimately needs to be done, like a champ cannot even do one more match to job the title because of say a broken leg or something, but I don't see any reason why RVD could not do another match or even lose to Abyss in the last match.

The idea of becoming a champion is that you beat the previous champion thus proving yourself better. Whoever wins this tournament cannot legitimately claim to be better than RVD. It makes the title a little less prestigious for one thing. You said yourself, RVD was the better man. Now the title is not on the better man.

Tournaments can be held for number one contendership spots. There is no need for crap like this as an excuse to have a tournament. To me it just seems like typical short term ratings pop deal and fuck the larger picture.

HOWEVER..... I will say that with today's attention spans perhaps there is no larger picture and TNA are right to do this. It does not appeal to me in the slightest however and THAT is where my post is coming from, whether I will bother watching or not, not whether TNA are making good business decisions. Over the last year or more it does not look like they are, but that is an afterthought to me.

Whatever about business, the ridding of the six-sided ring, the arrival of Hogan and a bunch of stupid stories, the vanishing of the knockouts apart from BP, the stupid quickturn of Anderson and others are all things that have drove ME to stop watching and I don't feel like I have to continue watching in order to justify my opinion of the show. They always seem to manage to do something stupid that's bad enough to read about and my time is to precious to waste on something that does not appeal to me. If a movie trailor looks stupid I ain't gonna rent it, same thing here.

Note... at some point the above stopped being directed at Maddox and moreso toward Ian (probably the last paragraph)

Black Death

DQ... I did that a few monts back , when EB and HH took over , the shows were god awful and now I try to watch again , sorry ian but it same to be getting at the level.

like I spoke before in the shoutbox.   TNA can not be making a profit .