News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Stephen King

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, July 23, 2008, 01:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

As anyone who knows me slightly can vouch I pretty much read Stephen King and thats it.

During my break to Spain I read two new books

'Cell' and 'Dead Zone'

I highly recommend both, though Cell had a kind of let down ending. Anyone else a King fan?
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Zombie Gunn

Haven't read deadzone but read cell a couple years ago. Very good book, and I actually heard they were making a movie out of it.

Gunslinger is my alltime favorite book, read it about 6 times. Also enjoyed hearts in atlantis, the stand, the talisman, black house and desperation/regulators.

TheNthDegree

Huuuge King fan.
Cell was amazing, but you're right, the end was weak. I heard they're making a movie of it.

My favourite King would probably have to be The Tommyknockers or Misery, but other favourites are Salem's Lot, The Stand, Hearts in Atlantis, [the anthology] Nightmares and Dreamscapes, and I also have a fondness for Cujo and Firestarter because those were the first 2 King books I ever read.

chunkylover

I like Misery, I've read 3 of his books (Misery, Firestarter and Carrie) and Misery is my personal favorite.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

The Mist is one of my all time faves from him.

Working on Eyes of the Dragon right now which is pretty damn good
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Black Death

read all his stuff... love it.. the his complete version of the Stand is great.    Eyes of the Dragon is really good and if you love the Dark Tower you catch all the refences he makes to that in the story.

Mist also one of my fav.   man you really can not go wrong with this guy... Love his Richard Bachman stuff too.   
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Rae

BIG fan. Just read Duma Key, but I reallly didn't like it. I thought Cell was also just ok. My favorite King books are The Stand and Pet Semetary, and also the books he wrote as Richard Bachman like Running Man, Thinner, etc. Also, although its not really horror, I really loved the Green Mile. I think I could go on for days, lol. Stephen King is my absolute favorite author and he was always my inspiration to write.

Zombie Gunn

Mist is an excellent book. The movie... I've talked about it before. Was basically a kick to the nuts to the viewers. Hated the ending of the movie more than I hate osama bin laden.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Couldn't agree more Jesse that movie pissed me off.  I did admit as a movie it was cool but as a book translated to film it was horrible
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Scott Rage

yessir, another huge King fan over here. My fav books are Desperation and Eyes Of The Dragon. The Mist is my fav. short story of his, I was SO PUMPED when I found out they were making a movie, alot of people actually don't like the movie though. i actually liked it alot

Anyone see Rose Red, King's 4 1/2 hour movie that ABC or someone aired. I have it on DVD, I love it, only movie i'd be willing to put 4.5 hours towards   ha

Gary

I've read It and im reading the The Stand thanks to Monks and I gotta say loving his style.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Zombie Gunn

If anyone ever gets the chance, get the audio book of The Gunslinger, read by Frank Muller.  (Not Miller, the comic book guy.  Muller)  I believe they only have it on tape, though I once found a downloadable version on some torrent site.  All the CD versions are somebody else, and some of the tapes are King himself.  But the Muller version... INCREDIBLE.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Well 'IT' will always be my alltime fav book...possibly because I am shit scared of clowns which is fairly well known. Mark Reynolds started pushing me in the direction of 'The Stand' because I really enjoyed the Mini Series and it quickly became by 2nd all time favourite book. I am currently reading as Rae mentioned 'Running Man' and also 'Cujo' at the same time.

However...massive props to two other books. Pet Semetary was amazing read I loved it and also From a Buick 8 which is a little unknown.

Rumours are also rife they will remake the IT movie as long as Tim Curry is cast as Pennywise I am cool with it.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

TaNK

I used to read Stephen King all the time but then I got out of his stuff. I might have to pick up some stuff by him again.

Kendell Smith

Love him. The only one of his books that ever even slightly disappointed me was Christine... I still enjoyed it but it just didn't catch me the way the others did.

Currently reading the drawing of the three (dark tower). One of the first books I ever read when I was younger was Carrie been an avid fan ever since.

Has anybody read his book 'on writing'? I have it sitting on my desk but yet to start it.