News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MMA News Discussion Thread

Started by ciscoKID_VWF, July 14, 2008, 06:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flins.

I didn't say he performed well or that it was a good idea, quite the opposite. Just claimed that the overall reaction to his loss was over the top. But yeah, I can see there is no changing your opinion so we will have to agree to disagree. I would suggest re-watching the Toney fight as I have and seeing the difference. I know me and you have you watched a lot of Pride as well, where there were plenty of actual amateurs getting embarrassingly dominated.

Cory

205 looks crazy....tried to grab a few tickets to the show and I didnt stand a chance.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

I think it's going to be a pretty good card.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Hopefully it's more like 202 than 200. 8-9 of the 11 fights could be considered main event fights (across PPV + Free Fight Nights).

Cory

Fuck I thought Hendo deserved to win that fight, but can totally see how Bisping got it, it's all about the 2nd round.

1st: Hendo, fringe 10-8 round.
2nd: Bisping landed way more strikes but Hendo had much more damage. I edged it to Hendo for dropping Bisping.
3rd: Bisping 10-9 easy.
4th: Bisping dominated, 10-9 easy.
5th: close but I had Hendo edging it with the takedown.

Bisping was always winning this if it went to the judges, they're as bias as the awful ones that they get in America (as seen in Bisping/Hamill, Bisping/Anderson, and Bisping/Hendo) but maybe its because I wanted Hendo to win so bad that I see him as the winner.

Jon

I had it 49-46 for a Bisping.

Only gave Hendo the 1st round, which he was losing until he dropped Bisping.

Hendo was gassed out after the 1st round. I thought the fight was pretty boring.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Ty

Quote from: Jon on October 09, 2016, 12:23:00 PM
I had it 49-46 for a Bisping.

Only gave Hendo the 1st round, which he was losing until he dropped Bisping.

Hendo was gassed out after the 1st round. I thought the fight was pretty boring.

Yep. That's how I saw it too.

Duckman

I really enjoyed the fight, as a Bisping fan it was great to see him come through a couple of knock downs (especially the first which I thought was ending the fight) and defend his title in his home town.

This was a close fight.  Wasn't a robbery for Bisping to get the decision.  Same could be said for Henderson, but it was the 3rd, 4th and 5th that made the difference.  I gave them all to Bisping.  With a 10-9 in the first and second for Hendo.  It was close to a 10-8 in the first, but the fact he got back up and finished the round on his feet probably saved it from being a 10-8.

I thought Hendo did well for a guy that old, with that many miles on the clock.  He took round 3 off to recover some energy and didn't really get back on track until late in the 5th.

If you judge the fight on who looked like they lost after, you'd give the fight to Hendo for sure.  But looking at each round and also the strikes Bisping landed in the middle of the fight, you can see why they went with Bisping.

Plus if you're judging on striking, grappling, aggression and control - in that order.  I think Bisping won the striking in at least 3 rounds and maybe even 4 (that second round is tough to call).
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Flins.

It wasn't the best fight, Hendo gassed after the first round and spent the rest of the fight ponderously hoping Bisping would get lazy with his defence, which he did in the second after seemingly rocking him and landing the groin shot. Weird fight really, as Bisping dominated but Hendo did all the damage. I think the right guy won.

Cory

Ronda is back, and I think she's gonna destroy Nunes. Thats a bad matchup. Dana said too if she beats Nunes, the Cyborg fight is happening.

Cory

Cory

Cory

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

Quote from: Black Death on December 22, 2016, 10:04:16 PM
Cyborg  might be in trouble