News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Dear Arsenal.....

Started by Cory, May 10, 2009, 11:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Sack Wegner
&
Sell Nasri

Buy a legit netminder and power-midfielder and please stop having your gameplan lead to crosses for your 5'7" attacks to attempt to head at....

...thanks.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Wenger is a good manager he shouldnt be sacked in the slightest.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

He could do with teaching his team how to finish though!  They were all over Chelsea for the first 20 minutes, had loads of chances and put away none of them.  Chelsea go up the other end and score with their first set piece and then Anelka hits one from outside the area and the game is done.

I agree though, Wenger is a brilliant manager who just needs to tweek his transfer policy to bring a bit of backbone and physical presence into the Arsenal team.

He does that in the summer and I think they'll be a lot closer next season.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Thats why I believe he should be sacked. It is a little drastic, but he hasn't won them really anything in 3-4 seasons...and as an Arsenal fan I expect far, more, especially after the undefeated season.

He knows how to find young talent like no other, but his '30+ get 1yr deals' led the most prolific scorer in the last 10 years (maybe Ruud too) in the Prem in Henry go, which made me want to kill him. Think, if that 'rule' wasn't in place, more than likely Viera, Campbell, and Ashley Cole would still be there, as well as Pires too. If they were there, we probably wouldn't have had to sit through the nightmares that are/were Hleb and Sagna.

I dont get the deal on Nasri, and think he's only still there because of Wegner. Nasri is billed as the second coming of Zidane, so it makes sence that a french manager holds onto that player...but Nasri sucks in the Prem. He'd probably do well in the Spanish league, but hes too weak and small for the Prem...they need to ship him out, as well as bring in a GK....Almunia is decent, and Fabianski is awful. A 'big 4' team needs a quality goalie. Maybe Akinfeev from CSK in Russia or someone like Demeril on Galatasary or some one like that.

Still, I'll never say that Wegner is a poor manager, he's been good, but I still think a change needs to be made.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I dont like Wenger much, but there is no way in hell he can be blamed for those players leaving.

Henry left because he went to a bigger club FACT. Barcelona and Madrid are teams players dream of playing for it had little to do with the contract he was offered at the Gunners as far as I am concerned.

Campbell left because he was having a mental breakdown about being a bender and didnt want to get outted thats basically it for him. Its been a common underground thing that Sol is a homosexual and his 'breakdown' at half time a few seasons back for Arsenal was around circulating rumours a paper was going to out him. Being at Pompey and even entertaining a move to Turkey which he was doing gives him a lower profile.

Ashley Cole would sign with a puddle if there was 25 pence in it...

As for Nasri, he might be a shite buy, but there isnt a team in the top four who hasnt done the same. Liverpool and Robbie Keane this season springs to mind, Chelsea and the scandal which was Andri Schvenckeo whos name I cant spell because he wasnt there long enough and United's track record of the likes of fucking Juan Sebastian Veron and potentially bloody Berbatov spring to mind.

Out of the four I would rate Wenger as one of the more shroud buyers of players. He got Henry who had been stuck out on the wing at Juve and turned him into a star, he has also developed the careers of Toure, Fabregas to name two off the top of my head. He is also an amazing psychologist of the game and I believe the only manager in the top flight who could give Fergie a run for his money in that regard.

The Gunners do need some bite in midfield that much is true, but they have been also trying to find that one player to make a difference. If they bust with Nasri, then so far they have scored with Arshavin. Arsenal are a top four team, they have seen off the likes of Villa and next season will probably have to contend with City as well and their oodles of cash, however for the resources he has and what he has done for the club in the decade plus he has been there I would say he is probably the second best manager in the Premiership right now behind Sir Alex.

MG Newton

No way Wenger should go. If Wenger was to go then half the team would leave, leaving us with been happy to finish in the top 10 rather than the top 4. Okay he hasnt won a title in the past four years. But everybody goes through that, Man Utd did and look at them now. Ferguson was give time to build a good young team and now they are the best team in the world. People questioned Fergie's signings when he signed a young Ronaldo and Rooney or even Vidic. Same goes for Arsenal too, if we can sign a few players in the summer like 2 defenders and a defensive midfielder then we will be winning something next season. It isnt the attack that let us down coz if you look at the stats from last season, we scored the same amount of goals as Man Utd and Chelsea with Liverpool scoring the most. But we let too many in with 13 goals more than Man Utd.

So sign Vermaelen with Zapata or Sakho for defence and then Veloso or Toure for midfield. And we will be up there challenging for the trophies. Dont need strikers, coz we have Eduardo to return to full fitness and Arshavin will be used more like Van Persie behind Bendther or Adebayor.

Dazz

I love how Woolwich fans still think they deserve to win things every year despite the fact that the players that dragged them to a few years of success are gone. Of the 'top 4' the Arse are clearly the most in danger of being overtaken by the chasing pack. In fact I predict that they will fall out of the Champions League places this year. Wenger may well be a good manager but his policy of not signing experienced stars will be The Scum's downfall. With half of their top players wanting out this summer I really can't see how they're going to hold it together for much longer... and I'm loving it.

UP THE SPURS!

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Dazz on July 04, 2009, 08:59:13 AM
I love how Woolwich fans still think they deserve to win things every year despite the fact that the players that dragged them to a few years of success are gone. Of the 'top 4' the Arse are clearly the most in danger of being overtaken by the chasing pack. In fact I predict that they will fall out of the Champions League places this year. Wenger may well be a good manager but his policy of not signing experienced stars will be The Scum's downfall. With half of their top players wanting out this summer I really can't see how they're going to hold it together for much longer... and I'm loving it.

UP THE SPURS!

Or they could sign players for twice as much as they sold them 12 months ago??? ;)

Cory

Laura

Beautiful, beautiful work there Ian.

Rob

Spurs signed Keane for half as much tho, didnt they?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

getting rid of Defoe...stupidest call ever. Defoe is the shit.

Laura

Quote from: Kill Crazy on July 04, 2009, 05:00:49 PM

Yes, but he's shit.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Kill Crazy on July 04, 2009, 05:00:49 PM

And I heard they are trying to offload him now. Sunderland a likely destination.

Rob

Thats stupid, Keane's the only one that will want to do his best to make Spurs succeed. Stupid football team. Bentley and Bent are shite players and every team they play for end up failing miserably.
SixersEagles

[/center]