News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Dear Arsenal.....

Started by Cory, May 10, 2009, 11:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Lennon, Modric, and Defoe is about all they got going for them....and they dont let Defoe play.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob

He's been injured most of the year since they got him back from Portsmouth.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Hyde

I have no respect for anyone who thinks "Sack Wenger" is sound advice.

And what the fuck is wrong with Nasri?

Cory

Im an Arsenal supporter, and I only brought up sacking Wenger based on the fact that they needed a shake-up to get over the hump....and now by ridding Adebeyor they can change things.

Nasri sucks. Too small/weak to play in the Premier League, and isn't quick enough.

Hyde

He's how old, 20? We need him in case Rosicky is never what he was again. He's talented, perhaps he hasn't yet shown enough for a £12m player but I would argue two match-winning goals against Manchester United are evidence enough that he's worth having in the squad. You can't write off players that young. And he's only been with us a season!

We already had the shake-up - Gazidis coming in is shake-up enough. The problem was always at board level.

Cory

Who you figure they get for that $$$ from Adebyor?

Yaya Toure would easily be the best investment......or Igor Akinfeev (Russian National Keeper)

Hyde

It's a tough question. A quality central midfielder would be ideal for the present, Gokhan Inler has been mooted but I don't know how high he's priced. However, even if Diaby is shipped out that would be a massive impediment for Denilson, Song and Ramsey who've all shown tonnes of promise. Personally I'd like to send Ramsey out on loan for a year to either a top Championship side or one of the newly promoted EPL clubs, and splash the cash on a midfielder. It might mean Song will have to see his long term future at centre-half though.

Bad news on Nasri today, though I guess it'll please Cory.

Cory

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has spoken out in defence of the north London club's decision to sell striker Emmanuel Adebayor and centre-back Kolo Toure to Manchester City, with both players moving for large transfer fees in the last couple of weeks.

Many had criticised the Frenchman's choice to sell the duo to City, a club some observers perceive as being Arsenal's main challengers for a Champions League spot this season.

"I always say when you come to the decision to sell a player you can’t on top choose who you want to sell them to," he told the Gunners' official website.

"If you decide to sell he can choose where he wants to go, otherwise it would be completely unfair.

"If they are becoming a main rival I cannot stop it with a decision to sell a player or not. If they don’t buy from you they buy another good player from someone else. Nobody can stop a club fighting for the top four and if they are a rival they will be the same for Man United, Liverpool and Chelsea. What is most important is we stay strong.”

The Frenchman also intimated that there was perhaps more to the deals than had been made public, with him asserting that he would not be openly divulging his specific reasons.

“This kind of process depends always on the players you sell, on the number of players you have behind, the overall quality of the squad and you do not want to go public too much why you make these decisions," he added.

"They are always difficult decisions but that’s part of our game and we lost two great players, but we have as well, great players
behind and that’s up to us to show during the season that we still have the quality to fight at the top level."

As for any arrivals at the Emirates this summer, Wenger was evasive as to whether Bordeax's Marouan Chamakh would be coming to the club, stating, "He is responsible for his statements. I wouldn’t like to commentate on any phone calls I made during the day because, at the moment, I have a hundred phone calls. The only thing I can say is that we are nowhere near to signing anybody at the moment."

There was some hope though, according to the 59-year-old, that Patrick Vieira would make a somewhat surprising return to north London.

"I speak to Patrick. I speak to many players who have been here because I keep good connections with them," he explained.

"He has gone through a difficult period in the last season and I am aware that he wants to come here.

"I think Patrick is a legend here and he would always like to come back to this club. That would be his first choice.

"He is a professional footballer with emotion and you always like the club where you’ve spent time. But as a professional as well, you always give 100 per cent for whichever club you sign for.

"At the moment we need to look at the level of experience in our squad to make this kind of decision. There is a football decision and then there's the psychological impact of a player of that stature coming in.

"We are nowhere near to making a decision like that. But it is a possibility. We don't rule it out and we don't say we will do it. That's my decision at the moment."

On a slightly different tack, the coach did confirm that he was still unhappy with the way in which Gunners forward was used by both the England senior side and the Under-2s over the summer.

"I was not in fairness a supporter of his experience with the Under-21s for one simple reason: the youth teams are there to promote the players into the first team," he went on.

"Once they are there, especially at national level, I don’t see why they go back again to the Under-21s.

"The target is not to promote the players from the first team to the second team, they are supposed to be promoted from the second team to the first team."

Wenger also paid tribute to Sir Bobby Robson, who today passed away after succumbing to cancer at the age of 76.

"It was a shock because Bobby was a man of exceptional stature and someone I loved because he had an optimistic view of mankind and a positive vision for football," he said.

"We will miss him badly because people miss people of his stature and vision. It’s a very sad day for English football but football overall."

FUCKING IDIOT!!!

Drop your best forward and top defender and you had no one else in mind to replace them? Unless you lads in Highbury know something I dont.....I swear to fuck if Gibbs becomes a start this season in place of Toure....ugh.

Smash INC

Arsenal are well and truly fucked this year.

Cory

Now, the little hope of getting Viera is down the drain. Arsenal need a big, mean, powerful holding midfielder than has experience. Veria wants to come back to Arsenal and according to my itouch app 'Arsenal News'

Wegner has 'shot down' Viera's return so they can go after Saint-Etienne holding midfielder Blaise Matuidi, whose 22, and maybe slightly above average.

They shot in an offer for Danielle De Rossi which would have been fucking perfect, but he declined, as Im sure hell be like Totti and never leave Italy.

Hyde

He never made an offer for De Rossi, because there's no way De Rossi would ever leave Roma, and besides they would demand over £30m. That rumour orignated from a Wikipedia edit for Christ's sake. It's so sad where the papers get their stories - half the Arsenal stories in The Sun are taken straight from Arsenal blogs, almost word for word. Whoever runs Young Guns must be fuming.

Cory and Panda, when are you going to begin eating your words? Merida and Wilshere were sensational at the weekend. Vieira might be the cheap option but so what; all we need is a big body to stick in defensive midfield so that the others can express themselves in front of him. Bear in mind Rosicky is a mean tackler too.

Personally I'd prefer us to buy a top-class centre-half than a central midfielder. And certainly not a striker, none of that Chamakh nonsense.

Cory

Roma is in financial troubles as of now, De Rossi is arguably the best CDM in the game and he's young, a vicious tackler(smart) strong, and can score. I'd break the bank on him. He's 'untransferable' until you give them an offer you cant refuse, and thats what we need to do, not Chammakh like you said, were fine at striker (for now).

Pissed they didn't go after Dzeko (Wolfsberg) hes 6'4", 22, and scored 26 goals in the German league, but they quickly dropped out from the bidding war.

If were close on a deadline, get Viera , but if thats all we manage to accomplish were fucked this season, and by fucked that means UEFA Cup next season...no champions league. Putting the team on Eduardo's shoulders is a very bad option. He can finish for sure, but he's still coming off a awful broken leg....give him 2-3 months of regular season play first.

Still, I'd give 30 million for De Rossi.....In canada all we get is Prem and Serie A games, and De Rossi is worth it, especially for what he'll do for Arsenal.

Cory

Now they're wasting money on Kalou

Kalou is fucking horrid.....0 finishing.

FXBlade

Kalou did his job last year at chelsea, he was a first team player for most of the season, He may not be able to finish but still had a respectable amount of goals to his name, nearly half of what Anelka had.

He's a playmaker and has been consistent for 3 years.

Not that Im saying he is a good buy.

Arsenal had a "Bad" season last year and finished 4th, half the team was god damn dead!  With Eduardo, Rosicky, Walcott all coming back to full fitness, I see Arsenal being a big Outside chance for winning the leagu.

Did you see their performance against rangers the other night?  They tore them apart.  Jack Wilshere a player for the future, remember his name!

Wenger is doing exactly what Fergie did with his young players, he is nurturing them, and he they will be back with a big bang.  Why do you think he turned down Real Madrid?  because he knows he can work with the youth at arsenal and get back to where they were 6 years ago.

All This from a Villa Fan, I must be mad.  I hope Arsenal fuck up, but If anyone has a chance of winning the league this year, i think its them.  I was hoping they would fuck up so we can get 4th this year lol!

Cory

Villa nees some defenders. They attack is sick....but they need to get some backline.

but I'd been nuts if I had Young, Carew, Agbonglahor, Milner, and Petrov on my team.