Michel Owen is getting desperate.

Started by Duckman, June 14, 2009, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Kenfucius

20 goals? If I see him appear in 20 GAMES this season I'll be amazed.

Duckman

For Ian's bedroom wall:

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

chunkylover

Sacha Baron Cohen played for Man U?

Kenfucius

Yup, it was his little known character before the creation of Ali G.

He was Juan Sebastian Veron, the work shy Argentinian.

It did not make Buenos Aries a holiday destination.

Duckman

He looked amazing in a green man kinnie though!!

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Smash INC

*rubs eyes*

You HAVE to be kidding me.

Jimmy Chisel

Reminds me how Man Yoo once signed a certain 36 year old semi-retired Swedish guy for a little while.

Tevez didn't want to sit on the bench as much as he was. Owen will probably be happy to do so and he's got an eye for goal. I'd rather be the third or fourth choice for the league champions than be the great white hope for a relegation battling side if I were Michael Owen.

Kenfucius

Said 36 year old Swede was better than Owen then, and still is now.

Dazz

Quote from: Duckman on July 03, 2009, 01:51:56 PM
And the deal is done!  This is going to be very interesting.  Biggest gamble Ferguson has made in quite some time!

If it doesn't work out at least they can trade horse tips.

Peace

Duckman

There's no gamble in signing Owen. He's gone on a free and he's been put on a 'pay as you play' contract with some performance related bonuses. If he gets crocked again then they won't be paying him and if he doesn't he'll score a bunch coming off of the bench (like he did for Madrid). His overall game is a bit shite but he still has an eye for goal and he'll make a pretty decent sub in my opinion. They still need to buy someone else though.

Duckman

It is a gamble because if he gets crocked Ferguson looks like a tool for not knowing what everyone else in football has been saying for the past 3 seasons, namely that Owen is a spent force.

Peace

Duckman

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Its a gamble Dazz because as you said Utd need to sign someone else. Based on getting Owen is that person going to be a striker? If they sign another striker do they not sign a second one because of Owen?

With the transfer window this could be a disaster for United. Bringing in someone like Owen based on past reputations shows me Utd are being far too complacent in the transfer window.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rob

Larsson was the best striker in a league full of fucking suck. Kuqi could go to Scotland now and become a living legend. I think on paper this is a good move for Utd and Owen, but eventually after having played 4 games he'll probably be released at Christmas transfer window, play a season at Hull or Stoke then leave there and do what most former International players do... join Kettering Town and become a MOTD pundit.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE