Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on June 29, 2012, 09:33:03 PM
Rivers is the new Westbrook.

This.

Well, maybe a less talented Westbrook. But still. Agreed.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

MattWard

now with the draft over, who do you think did good in this year draft?

Hondo

I can tell you who did bad. Cleveland.

Good workout or not, it just seems odd that you'd take the Cuse's sixth man at #4. Didn't Marvin Williams teach us that lesson? And when they mortgaged the rest of their draft for Tyler Zeller, I nearly died laughing. I bet Dallas thought they were being Punk'd when they got that call from the Cavs.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Black Death

I said it in the shoutbox ... I bet the guy that took the phone called must have been working hard  to keep from laughing when he got that call

ring ring ... hello Dallas Mavericks ... Cavs... number 17 pick ... three picks for it ... sure who do you want ... Zeller ... ok ,not a problem ... nice doing business with you... hang up

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

The Sports Guy Bill Simmons had a statement in his Draft Diary on GrantLand that I thought was prefect ... God hate Cleveland
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Justin

I'm a Dion Waiters fan, the guy can get to the basket at will, but I will agree he was a reach at #4.  Especially with Barnes still on the board.

GM Franchise

Ward, I already asked that yesterday, lol. Toronto did bad. So did Indiana. Should have gotten Festus Azele.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Looks like Kevin Garnett is not retiring and is coming back to Boston. Brandon Roy is likely going to Minnesota.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Black Death

we need to mike KG for the first Hornets- Celtics game ... pure fucking gold
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

GM Franchise

Lol that game is going to be great.

GM Franchise

NBA free agency starts in a few hours. Should be total chaos.

GM Franchise

Let the chaos begin. Get this. Dwight Howard wants to be traded from the Magic to the Nets. That was known. However he said that the Magic blackmailed him and wants the players association to investigate. WOW. This situation is going to get ugly. Nets are also making moves to get Luis Scola, Joe Johnson, Jason Kidd, OJ Mayo, and resign Derron Williams. They are making lots of moves right now.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

In terms of the NBA, whats the deal on giving extras to players. Ie I know there is a cap in place, but the Nets are big business because of the foreign owner right? Well I am assuming he cannot do much outside what the NBA allows him to do for base salary...so my assumption is he can do whatever he wants in terms of bonuses and extras etc.?
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Justin

Honestly not sure how that works Ian, but since it is the pros, if he wants to buy a player a car, then I'm sure he can do that without issue.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I was sure he offered James a house somewhere when he was a free agent to come to Brooklyn or there was a rumour of this.

There has to be SOMETHING because I dont see the attraction of playing there otherwise or the relevance of a big spending GM if a cap limits him.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'