News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MMA News Discussion Thread

Started by ciscoKID_VWF, July 14, 2008, 06:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitchMMA

Anything is possible, I don't see it happen anytime soon. Dane White and Zuffa will never in their lifetime allow one of their contracted fighters to fight in another org. I don't see Fedor coming to UFC anytime soon, so as long as Silva is in the UFC then that fight won't happen.

Personally here is what I think should happen next for both guys.

Affliction Main event: Andrei Arlovski vs Fedor for the WAMMA title

UFC Main event: Anderson Silva vs Patrick Cote for the MW title

MitchMMA

Kinda cool how both Anderson and Fedor destroyed their opponents in a couple of seconds lol.

I agree, Fedor is the P4P best, I had my doubts but not anymore, he is the best.

MitchMMA

Wow, I COMPLETELLY disagree with you Corey.

Lyoto, is boring? How can you not appreciate a technical striker. Just because the guy doesn't fight like a caveman doesn't mean he is boring, I mean he is undefeated with wins over guys like BJ Penn, Rich Franklin, Tito, Sokoudjou, etc. I think he is VERY exciting to watch, I love his style.

Not flaming you or anything, I'm just stating my opinion is all. He is one of the most talented fighters in the 205 pound division, he is a smart technical fighter. It works for him, he is UNDEFEATED, he isn't going to start brawling like a caveman and get knocked out, if it aint broke don't fix it. ;D

Cory

Quote from: MitchMMA on July 20, 2008, 10:10:04 PM
Anything is possible, I don't see it happen anytime soon. Dane White and Zuffa will never in their lifetime allow one of their contracted fighters to fight in another org. I don't see Fedor coming to UFC anytime soon, so as long as Silva is in the UFC then that fight won't happen.

Personally here is what I think should happen next for both guys.

Affliction Main event: Andrei Arlovski vs Fedor for the WAMMA title

UFC Main event: Anderson Silva vs Patrick Cote for the MW title

Agree on both fights, except I'd be happy with Fedor/Arlovski just as much as Fedor/Barnett. Hell, I'd like to see both before Fedor/Randy.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

ciscoKID_VWF

That is why UFC is going stale, they want knockouts and more knockouts (so do I) and people forget that MMA has many facets

TaNK

Machida doesn't suck. He just doesn't have a exciting fighting style. I just wish he would finish fights though.

TaNK

Honestly, I would absolutley love to see it. I read somewhere that Silva walks around about 10lbs lighter than Fedor. So it wouldn't be that far fetched. I still think Fedor would dominate Silva.. Fedor has seen everything that Silva has in his game.

TaNK

Quote from: Cory on July 20, 2008, 08:12:03 PM
Fedor is fucking incredible. Best fighter in the world.

Agreed. His win over Sylvia was more impressive than Silvas win simply because Sylvia is a top 5 HW.. well he was.

Arlovski/Fedor would be badass but Arlovski  would have to get back to regularly fighting like he used to.. I would love to see Barnett/Fedor for such a long time now, I hope it happens.

Cory

Quote from: TaNK on July 21, 2008, 05:53:22 AM
Machida doesn't suck. He just doesn't have a exciting fighting style. I just wish he would finish fights though.

THERE YOU GO

Dana has said time and time again, if you're not exciting, you won't get ahead in the business. I dont know how Tim Sylvia got his second title shot, but Ill say that Machida COULD have lost all his fights, be he didn't. So some credit goes there, but Silva is  1,000,000,000...,000x more exciting, and I think when these two fights, It's nighty night for Lyoto

MitchMMA

I don't think so, just because a guy is exciting doesn't he mean he will win. I seriously doubt he will beat Lyoto but that's just my opinion.

Lyoto can finish fights, he has done it before.

I don't think Tim Sylvia is all that bad actually, he has good takedown defense and some solid striking. I know he got owned by Fedor but Fedor is the best fighter in the world. A lot of people underestimate Tim's boxing.

MitchMMA

Hopefully once Couture gets out of his UFC contract, we will see a fight with Fedor.

MitchMMA

Yeah I'd love to see either Fedor/ Arlovski, Fedor/ Barnett, or Fedor/Couture next. I think this Affliction promotion could be HUGE, I'm looking forward to their next show because unfortunetely I missed Banned because I'm cheap lol. I think Tito Ortiz's next fight will be with them, I have a feeling.

I will agree that Fedor would smash Anderson Silva, Fedor is a freak of nature and I can't believe I underestimated him.

Cory

I really dont see why Dana wouldn't go balls out for Fedor.

If UFC could hold the biggest fight since....well never. This exceeds Silva/Liddell.

Fedor/Couture will be the best fight in mixed martial arts history. Period. A true Rocky/Drago fight.

JohnS.

QuoteFedor/Couture will be the best fight in mixed martial arts history. Period. A true Rocky/Drago fight.

Not if it doesn't take place in the UFC. That fight could generate millions upon millions in revenue if promoted and marketed correctly. Honestly, the UFC are the only ones who could do it right. But it will never happen in the UFC, too many politics. it's ashame this fight (if it ever happens) won't recieve the proper spotlight.

Cory

Affliction had a good turnout, and if Donald Trump puts some money into it, and can get it some television time, they'll do fine.

Really, if Donald Trump wants, he can by a snap of the fingers make Affliction HUGE.