News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MMA News Discussion Thread

Started by ciscoKID_VWF, July 14, 2008, 06:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Ill watch it, hopefully live this time.

Affliction > UFC.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Ill post some match-ups.

BTW, Affliction > UFC is my opinion. Just like more free agent fighters than those in UFC.

MAIN EVENT: WAMMA World Heavyweight Title- Fedor Emelianenko v/s Josh Barnett
-Always wanted to see this fight. Barnett has enough wrestling to stop Fedor from taking him to the mat.......for a while, and deserves to fight this man.

Tim Syliva v/s Andrei Arlovski
-Winner gets a shot at Fedor. Arlovski needs 1 more fight to prove he should fight Fedor, and give Tim another chance to make up for that slaugher we saw, but hopefully another Tim Syliva slaughtering. Big Tim's was past his prime.

Tito Ortiz v/s Renato Sobral
- Nice match-up.

Mirko Cro-Cop v/s Ben Rothwell
-Affliction, (so far) is known for Heavyweight fights. Cro Cop might have been right, saying he's still a top fighter, but could never adjust to the cage. If so, we may have a legit contender for the WAMMA Title. Rothwell had a decent showing against Arlovski, and should be given another chance.

Other Fighters that should be put on the card:
-Little Nog
-David Loiseau
-Sam Stout

There are a lot more fights that I could come up with, but does anyone know if say, Dream or Elite XC fighters could fight in Adrenaline MMA (Affliction) ?

TaNK

I been hoping for a Fedor/Barnett matchup for a long time. My only worries is that Fedor is too quick for Barnett. Barnett couldn't handle Mirko's quickness and Fedor is about the same level or quicker than Mirko.

JohnS.

Probably gonna be a Fedor/Arlovski fight.

Should be a good card.

Affliction has my attention for the moment. I won't go out and say Affliction > UFC, because IMO that's just foolish. But it depends on what fighters you root for I suppose. All of my favs currently reside in the UFC  ;)

Big Gay Honker

What they need to do is set up a tv deal, and get on during a UFC PPV, or until then, start scheduling their events on the same nights as UFC events.  I mean, even though both matches were squashes, Tim Sylvia vs Fedor was a much better fight than Silva vs Irvin.  I think they had the better card too.  I think if they offered a PVP cheaper than UFC's, and on the same nights as UFC, then they'd eventually over take them due to the cards being better.  I'm sorry, Joe Silva is a joke of a match maker.

Cory

Actually, UFC put a show on the same night as the Affliction card, so what you're saying it happening, except the dirty work was done on part of the UFC. They're doing it again tonight, putting up a 'free' recent PPV reply against Elite XC on CBS.

Big Gay Honker

Yeah, UFC did it just to cut out PPV show profits.  I think someone wrote it in here already, but UFC threw up that last free card in five weeks.  If Affliction would wise up, they'd start doing their PPV's same night.  The UFC's biggest enemy right now is the internet.  It usually takes them with in 24 hours to remove video's off youtube and such.  I know Affliction would leave them in.  Eventually, people will notice the Affliction cards and be all about them over UFC.  Both have awesome fighters.  But I do think UFC seriously lacks in making fights.  My greatest example is end of TUF season 3 finale.  Rory Singer vs Ross Pointon, Kalib Starnes Vs Danny Abadi.  I think it was Danny anyway.  These are obviously to get people into the UFC with a win.  I think Starnes vs Singer would have been better.  But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  Joe Silva is an asshole who doesn't know what he's doing.  Not Silva directly, but that's also a reason John McCarthy left, he was seeing too many people who didn't know what the hell they were doing getting jobs because they were friends of the owners. 

Cory

Ross Pointon was the fucking man......just saying. Him and Bisping made the show, damn brits.

Joe Silva is a fucking idiot. I think he did a good job putting Alves/Sanchez for UFC 89 (I think, 89 or 88) and thats a dream match for me, but Affliction is the kind of place that will search the internet, find fights that people will want to see, and make it happen, regardless of budget (look at the first show, Fedor made like 3million). UFC just does shit sometimes that seems incredibly stupid, but then again, UFC is still really good to watch, but if Trump sinks some money in Affliction, in a few year time, they WILL be going down.

MitchMMA

Same thing with the TUF 7 finale, why the fuck was Cale Yarbrough fighting Tim Credeur? How come guys like Gerald Harris, Mike Dolce, Brandon Sene, etc were left off of the card but an in-experienced guy like Cale is matched up with Tim (yes I know that fight was postponed but it was originally set up to happen at the finale).

Personally I would have wanted to see maybe Gerald Harris vs Tim Credeur instead, or even Dolce. Why Cale? Cale is not very good compared to the other TUF 7 guys that were left off the card.

Cory

At least my favourite was one the card (Matt Riddle).

MitchMMA

Correct Picks:

Mitch: 6 (Cyborg, Silva, Diaz, Shields, Cavalcante, and Lawler)

Cory: 4 (Reis, Silva, Cavalcante, and Diaz)

So far I am ahead :airhumpingbraggingsmiley: lol

Would you want to continue the predictions league with me for future MMA events, come on it will be fun! :P

Cory

fucking missed every fight cept Diaz...damn work and girls.

Have to DL tommorow.

TaNK

Had to work :(

I say the points thing, I wanna be included in the next.

I love Big Foot Silva btw, although I was hoping Scott SMith would win.

MitchMMA

CORY EDIT:

Discuss all UFC events in this topic, to keep the boards free from clutter. Also try your hand in our Predictions game, ran by Mitch. See if you can out predict The www.audiblyoffensive.com MMA writers!!!

Anyone can join if they want, just post your predictions and after the show we will add up the score. I'll start with my predictions.

GSP vs Jon Fitch- GSP
Brock Lesnar vs Heath Herring- Lesnar
Kenny Florian vs Roger Huerta- Florian
Manny Gamburyan vs Rob Emerson- Manny
Jason MacDonald vs Demian Maia- MacDonald
Luke Cummo vs Tamdan McCrory- Cummo
Cheick Kongo vs Dan Evenson- Kongo
Chris Wilson vs Steve Bruno- Bruno

Adam Wrong

I want to see Herring go over Lesnar and I honestly think Huerta will go over Florian but I agree with the rest