News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Want to write for MFX?

Started by Duckman, January 24, 2015, 05:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

I went to preview mine and discovered I have no idea how to insert line breaks.  I looked it up on google but only saw a thing that said it should do line breaks automatically.  Unless it does, but doesn't show it when you preview?  I have no idea.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Alex Smiley

Are you talking about this kind of line break?

Title of Whatever
by So and So

Or something with a proper space inbetween...

...like this?

WordPress does the latter automatically, but if you hold the Shift key and hit Enter/Return, it'll do the former.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Stoner

Quote from: Alex Smiley on February 24, 2015, 11:31:57 AM
Are you talking about this kind of line break?

Title of Whatever
by So and So

Or something with a proper space inbetween...

...like this?

WordPress does the latter automatically, but if you hold the Shift key and hit Enter/Return, it'll do the former.

The second one.  Whenever I preview the post it all shows up as one big block of text.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Alex Smiley

Huh, weird.

Tell ya what, finish your post and then submit it for review. I'll have a look at it and fix whatever line break problems there are.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Stoner

I was screwing around with it just now and got it to do what I wanted, after adding an image in.  Really weird.   

:jointpasssmiley:

FXBlade

So are the 'blogs' submitted for review and then published?

I only have the one showing on the page now, but I thought it was someone else who sad they had submitted it?

The one that is showing for me is Sgt. Josh, but the way it comes up is just one huge block of text.  Not sure if this was meant that way or if it just needs the proper editing?

i only comment because i currently read with one eye, which is my weakest and huge chunks of text blur together

Duckman

Yeah, Josh jumped the gun a little bit - but in a good way, he's keen to get his stuff up there.

I'm going to edit it tonight to break it up into paragraphs, which'll make for easier reading.

The guide that Alex posted on the FB group explains the process for posting.  The basic set up is they're written, then submitted for me to post.  This is so I know what's going up, and can in turn fire out Tweets and FB posts to promote them.

Plus it'll help stagger them going up, so they don't all go up at one time.  Want to space it out a bit, so each one gets the right promotion.

If you haven't seen the guide, let me know and I'll email a copy to you.

Cheers!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

FXBlade

I saw it, but didnt read it! Kind of because Im not writing.

But yes, that explains it.

But thats a good idea, releasing them separately, will break up the week.

Copying and pasting Josh's at some point so I can break it up in word.

Another question..

I know you have accounts set up for bloggers, but will people have a chance to get an account to reply to posts on? giving feedback on the site, or are you just wanting to keep that on the forums, or not at all?

Drama Queen

"I'm not a Facebook guy"

Not popular enough to spark a new line of t-shirts, but yeah, can you email that to me please? ;D

Duckman

Will do DQ!

That's a good point Blade.  The site's been closed to comments because we kept getting spammed with rubbish.  Might as well reopen them to allow people to comment.

Leave that with me and I'll come back and update everyone later.

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Adam Wrong

blog submitted, still can't sort out page breaks even with the guide... hopefully it's clear enough

Duckman

I've asked Alex to have a look at getting a new text editor plug in for the site.  At the moment, I have to go into each post and add line break HTML to get the paragraph spacing.  I'm not sure why it's doing that but we'll get it sorted.

I've been away this weekend, but I'll get things sorted out tonight.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Quote from: Adam Wrong on February 28, 2015, 08:54:58 AM
blog submitted, still can't sort out page breaks even with the guide... hopefully it's clear enough

If you use the text instead of visual you can do brackets

Gives you a break on there that shows up
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Rob

Hey, I added my own line breaks!

The HTML for a line break as I think I remember is <BR>
SixersEagles

[/center]

Duckman

Not on your first one you didn't Rob, not sure if you've written a new one since then.  But the first one had no line breaks and I had to go in and manually add them.

Brackets aren't working either.  There's a line of HTML that I from word press that adds a few pixels between and forms a paragraph.

Don't worry though, we'll sort it.