News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

TFWF FANTASY FOOTBALL (NFL) & FRIENDS!

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, September 06, 2008, 06:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Ok this game is ready to rock and roll

The draft is done in the Fantasy Football with various teams adding stars they hope can carry them to the crown and the famed userbar of goodness. so here is how the divisions break down

Back East...

John 'Seth Black' Schlagle - Roid Rage
Guille 'Torch' Cummings - Garys Sweat Shop
Triple B - Triple B's Belly Dancers
Ken 'Tremere' Riley - The Goosecocks

Down and dirty Central...

Leif-Erik 'Dylan' Reslow - The Asgard Ragnarok
Cliff 'Gore' Imig - The Omaha Cowfiddlers
Ian 'The Owner' Monks - Total Force Winning Football
Jeff 'Jag' Gilkison - Demonic Robo Teddies

Way Out West...

Chad 'James' Onlee - Reverends Revolution
Matthew 'Muprh' Murphy - Newfie Colts
Tank - TaNk
Pat 'AO' Swafford - Chico's Bailbonds

LETS GET READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

Our winner will take home a coveted userbar from the T.F.W.F.. We currently have userbars for Fantasy Football (soccer UK) and WWE PPV Prediction Game so this will be our third run game throughout the community. Please leave any comments about matchups and our teams in this thread
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

WEEK 1 MATCHUPS

Total Force Winning Football (Ian) vs Demonic Robo Teddies (Jag

TaNK (Tank) vs Reverend Revolution (Chad Onlee)

Roid Rage (John S.) vs Gary's Sweat Shop (Gary)

The Goosecocks (Ken) vs. Triple B's Belly Dancers (Triple B)

The Omaha Cow Fiddlers (Cliff) vs The Asgard Ragnarok (Leif-Erik)

Chico's Bailbonds (Pat aka AO) vs Newfie Colts (Muprh)

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Well I have done a lot of gambling in my team. I went for the steadish Eli Manning as my number one QB coming off having Brady last year this could be a problematic position, but the super gamble is JaMarcus Russell whom I think will have to start for the Raiders this season as my back up.

In the RB situation I have gone with a few gambles as well with the talented rookie McFadden another Raider alongside Reggie Bush, with the only running back worth a damn in Chi town Forte backing them up.

I have gone fairly conservative at the WR position taking Plaxio whom I am assuming Eli will throw the ball too lol, Crayton and the reliable reception machine Walker of NE. Stallworth to serve as the reserve.

TE I gambled the Bears will get a lot of productivity out of Olsen this year and hopefully I wont need Keller as much as the back up.

Defence I am all about the Bears baby! and if that dont work for you...Giants are the back up. GRRRRRRRRR!

Kicking those Extra Points is Robbie Gould. I am putting a lot of faith in Chicago this year to turn around a disappointing season last year.

Cory

Jesus, why take so many risks with your team? Fantasy usually doesn't fair well for people who take rookies, with the rare exception of Adrian Peterson.

I dont see why anyone takes Reggie Bush. Deuce usually gets 70% of the carries, and gets pretty much all of the redzone rushes, so why Bush?

Eli throws a lot of INT's, but he should be a solid pick. I like what I saw in the first game against the Redskins.

Burress and Walker are easily you're two best players. Walker will get at least 10 points a game, as should Burress. I dont know about having Cryaton (Is that Patrick or Mark, could make a big difference) over Stallworth. Stallworth will be a heavy option in Cleavland, but then again, if Derek Anderson is out.....maybe it'll turn into a good call.

Can't go wrong with the Bears D. Always good.

Just saying, my teams is predicted to put up 145 points this week...because I've only lost one game in three fantasy seasons. REALLY wish I woulda joined, but fuck it.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on September 06, 2008, 06:39:01 PM
Jesus, why take so many risks with your team?

Ian Monk always takes risks!

Though your assessment of the Saints is accurate, I am predicting a shift in offensive play this season from New Orleans. I see more of an aerial attack where Deuce will be about as useful as Hilary Clinton giving her approval to the Democratic nominations. As for the WRs...I got burned after the first two picks with a couple of hit and miss backups. I got all my eggs in combo of Burress and Walker.

The ground game is my risky option I know, but the Bears are not going to trust Kyle Orton to throw over 10 yards leaving a lot of carries for Forte, same goes for the Raiders as far as I can tell and if the Raiders do go airborn...well I got their QB for one week while Eli takes a bye.

You might well have lost one game in three fantasy seasons, but we will never know how well you would have performed in this league until next season.

Gary

I know shit about football, I only signed up cause Ian said he would fire me from TFWF if I didnt sign up (jk). Im keeping my picks from the draft and the only one I know anything of is Tom Brady!

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on September 06, 2008, 06:39:01 PM
Jesus, why take so many risks with your team? Fantasy usually doesn't fair well for people who take rookies, with the rare exception of Adrian Peterson.

I dont see why anyone takes Reggie Bush. Deuce usually gets 70% of the carries, and gets pretty much all of the redzone rushes, so why Bush?

Matt Forte picks up 123 yards off 23 carries with a touchdown on his pro debut netting me 19 fantasy points

Reggie Bush 51 yards rushing, 112 yards receiving with a touchdown...scoring 22 fantasy points

Let's hear more about your undefeated streak in three seasons...Oh wait...lets not  ;)

Quote from: Gary Ocho Cinco on September 07, 2008, 02:30:15 AM
I know shit about football, I only signed up cause Ian said he would fire me from TFWF if I didnt sign up (jk). Im keeping my picks from the draft and the only one I know anything of is Tom Brady!

And now he is injured and out of the Patriots lineup for the rest of the year!

Cory

Im close to losing, but I survived. Fucking Brady.....

At least I have Favre as a back-up...

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

WEEK 1 RESULTS

Total Force Winning Football beat Demonc Robbo Teddies 95 to 54

Tank beat The Reverends Revolution 98 to 66

Roid Rage beat Garys Sweat Shop 76 to 63

Triple B's Belly Dancers beat The Goosecocks 53 to 48

The Asgard Ragnarok beat Omaha Cow Fiddlers 90 to 68

Chico's Bail Bonds beat Newfie Colts 130 to 90

WEEK 2 MATCH UPS

Ian vs Cliff

Gary vs Triple B

Leif-Erik vs Jag

John S. vs Ken

Chad Onlee vs The Murph

Tank vs Audiby Offensive

Cory

shit, pat with 130 points!?

Michael Turner much?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

A few big questions about this league at the moment...

1) How Cliff won a game!

2) Why Murph signed Brett Favre as a free agent. Has 3 fucking QBs when he can only play 2/start 1...and still benches Favre and Campbell for Marc Bulger! LMAO

3) The Roid Rage are 3-0 under coach John Schlagle...can Pat aka A.O. recover in time? After all...he is our podcast sports machine!!!

4) Will the Sweat Shoppers win a game with coach Gary Gandolph focusing more on Spannish lessons than picking his team, each week he sits there massaging Tom Brady's broken body failing to realize he will never get any fantasy points that way. In fact that is a fantasy nobody wants to think about...

JohnS.

RoidRage moves to 4-0, with an upset win over Leif Erik's The Asgard Ragnarok. Won't be official until after Monday Night Football though, even though neither of us have any players left to play.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Its week 5 folks and we are getting sexy!!!

Transaction Crazy

The Goose Cocks look to get cooking with Ken dropping and signing more players than Duckman called people cunts today. The Reverends Revolution is also on the rise with players left, right and centre, but the strategic play of John's Ragers seems to be the winning formula with good deals. The biggest signing is still Murph netting Favre for the Raiders Defence, however, one must wonder whether Murph will actually realize to start Favre and that he needs a second defence when Bye weeks come up.

Strange But True

The Sweat Shoppers continue to start QB Tom Brady despite the only play he has called for sometime now is someone to bring him some ice for his knee. You got to wonder if their 0-4 start has anything to do with this stunning fact. Also last years beaten finalists The Revolution under the toutalege of James Onlee are off to an abysmal 1-3 start, if the Revolution is losing...they are doing a bang up job!!!

Standings

BEASTS FROM THE EASTS

The Asgard Ragnorak / 2-1-1
Total Force Winning Football / 2-1-1
Omaha Cow Fiddlers/ 1-3
Demonic Robbo Teddies/ 0-4

Central Perks

Chico's Bail Bonds/ 3-1
TaNk/ 3-1
Newfie Colts/ 2-2
The Rev's Revolution/ 1-3

Best of the West[/b]

Roid Rage/ 4-0
Trip's Belly Dancers/ 3-1
The Goosecocks / 2-2
Gary's Sweat Shop/ 0-4

Match Ups this Week

Goosecocks vs TFWF

Ian has a chance to take control of the East with a win, however for Ken its about trying to keep pace with B and John this week. Ken has been quite devious with his transactions, will they pay off against Monks who stunned the world with a blockbuster trade a few weeks back with the Cow Fiddlers?

TaNk vs Sweat Shop

Tank is also looking to get a one up on A.O. this week and he couldnt be happier than facing The Sweat Shoppers who still think crippled Tom Brady is a viable option as their starting QB

Reverend vs Asgard

The potential key week for both men. Chad needs a win not to completely fall out of the Central race for the playoffs were as Leif-Erik and Ian are locked in a deadly game of NFL dance off at the top of the East. A win for one will be brilliant, the losing team could call this the moment the entire season went wrong

Newfie vs Demonic

Provided Murph finds himself a defense and activates one of his reserve QBs over Bulger (FAVRE!) this could be a big win for Murph against the struggling Teddies. Both Murph's RBs are out injured and Jag is missing both his WRs so it could be a low scoring affair unless either man realizes to actually make some subs!

Chico vs Belly Dancers

THE MATCH OF THE WEEK! Its all about the positions baby. Chico cannot and we mean cannot slip up against The Dancers for fear of Tank bouncing him out of the top spot. As for the Dancers knowing Undefeated Ragers have an ultimate loser team this week to play they must win to keep pace with John's scarily undefeated team!

Fiddlers vs Rage

Well Cliff won a game which is great, all he needs to do now is bring in Mason for Stallworth and hope for a miracle. John is undefeated, logic and the fact that his team rocks suggests a win here for him, but can Cliff shock the world in week 5???

Week 5 is gonna be sexy!

JohnS.

RoidRage Week 5 Game Plan

Quarterback
This week, Brian Griese heads back to the bench. Peyton Manning, coming off of his bye week, steps back into action and I'm confident that after a nice week off, he will imply his will on the Houston Defense. Manning is projected to have 31 points, let see what happens.

Running Backs
Also back in action this week is Julius Jones. Talk about a breath of fresh air. Having to use Edgerin James last week was scary, especially going into the game as an underdog.  Edge put on an OK performance, and is even projected to pick up 8 points this week against Buffalo. Regardless, Julius Jones keeps his spot as the starter.

Clinton Portis looks to keep his hot streak going, but he'll be up against the best run defense in the NFL (which also belongs to me  ;D ) so the task at hand may be a little more difficult this week. He's projected to have a 15 point outing, combined with Julius Jones projected 12, the RB unit is looking good for this week.

Wide Recievers
Marvin Harrison is back in action this week as well, projected to pick up 13 points. With Manning chucking the ball to him, hopefully he can get back on track and start bringing in some long gains and big TDs.

DeSean Jackson is only projected to have 7 points this week, I have to disagree with the guru here. 1 point for every 10 yard recieving. So, the guru is telling me that he will have 70 reception yards, and no TDs? Doubt it. I'd project Jackson to pick up about 11-13 points, with 50-70 yards recieving and a TD. Mark my words...11-13 points. Take that guru!

With Jericho Cotchery out of action this week due to a bye, Robert Meachem gets the start. Meachem was brought in this week, sending Antonio Chatman back into free agency. Meachem is projected to have a good outing this week, the guru is giving him 13 points, and I'd love to see that happen. Depending on his future play, Meachem could end up becoming a starter, possibly setting up a big trade down the line.

Tight End
Dallas Clark, the 3rd Colt of the team, and luckily a good red zone target for Manning. The guru is giving him 12 points, it will be a good breath of fresh air from Donald Lee's lousy 2 point performance.

Kicker
I wasn't even going to write this part. My starting kicker Josh Brown has a bye this week, and I was going to leave him in their despite the fact he obviously wouldn't be gaining any points. But, then I seen a light at the end of the tunnel. Dallas Clark is just coming back from a bye week, and Donald Lee's services are no longer required with the team. He was dropped and in his place comes Jason Hanson of Detroit, with a projected 11 point game this week.

Defense
The Eagles D has been phenomenal this year in terms of fantasy. They take on Jason Campbell, Clinton Portis and the rest of the Redskins this week, hopefully they can provide another shutdown performace. The guru is giving them 11 points.

That's all for the position breakdowns. Good to have my 3 Colts back this week, and I'll also be watching Robert Meachem closely. If his performances remain stellar, look to see a big trade in the near future.

Triple B

Time for the Belly Dancer's to go to the Mountain.

And.. uh... dance.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.