NFL Debate: Who would you have as your QB

Started by Cory, October 12, 2012, 06:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

YOUR appointed the GM of The new Los Angeles franchise and there's a free for all lottery where you can take any QB in the league and make him the next big QB of your franchise. What QB do you take, and why?

Feel free to discuss your choice.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Matt Ryan.

Philly born and bred, Ryan is quietly becoming involved in the top 5 elite of the NFL, and has age on his side. Brady, Peyton, Brees, and Big Ben are all past their prime and wouldn't suffice to be the future of my franchise.

Thats leaves the mobile QBs like Cam & RG3.....I think both of these guys are talented, but a mobile QB has never had durability in this league. I can't have a guy that gets hurt and misses 3-4 games a year EVERY year. Cams a big guy but also speaks to when he gets older, he wont be able to move around as much. RG3 is already having concussion problems and their only going to continue.

Andrew Luck is good, but isn't proven enough to make me go away from a short tenured talent like Ryan who has proven himself. Eli Manning is clutch, probably the most clutch player in the league, but hes usually horrible in the regular season. Throws a lot of picks and is hot and cold. This could cost my team a few easy games during the season.

Now onto Rodgers. I think Aaron is the top QB in the league, but hes very one dimensional as a passer. I like his mobility because hes cautious with it and can burn you for 50 yards a game and he doesn't take big hits, but Rodgers likes to pass to his select receiver during a game. If he likes Jennings, hell hit Jennings 7-8 times and become too reliant on his select receiver and start forcing passes, rather than spreading the ball around like a Drew Brees to guys like Finley/Jones/Nelson.

I'll take Matt Ryan every day. No injury problems, close to hitting his prime, pretty clutch, doesn't turn the ball over, big arm and accurate.

GM Franchise

Tom Brady. This choice was easy. Look at his stats, winning percentage, and track record both during the regular season and during the playoffs. He is the best of this group without question.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Quote from: GM Franchise on October 12, 2012, 07:08:59 PM
Tom Brady. This choice was easy. Look at his stats, winning percentage, and track record both during the regular season and during the playoffs. He is the best of this group without question.

But you're trying to build a franchise, you're going to have a 35 year old who has 4 season TOPS left in him before he retires.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Cory on October 12, 2012, 07:15:52 PM
But you're trying to build a franchise, you're going to have a 35 year old who has 4 season TOPS left in him before he retires.

The way he's playing, yeah. He threw for 5,000 yards last season and got his team to the Super Bowl. It's worth the risk. I'm not going by this age stuff. I'm going by which quarterback would give my team the best chance at making and winning the Super Bowl and he is the best option in my opinion.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

Ryan. He gets better every year, and has probably 7 quality seasons left in the tank.

J-Reb

I'm a diehard Redskins fan, so, the only natural choice for me was RG3.

Of course, he's going to have to learn to get out of bounds, and avoid the big hits. However, he's got the total package. He completely changes the game when he's in. The defense has to account for his legs, he's got a rifle for an arm, and makes smart decisions. He's the most dangerous weapon in the NFL in the redzone, as the QB delay/draw is almost unstoppable inside the 10.

Lots of good choices here but RG3 is my guy.

T-Bonizzle

Tom Brady. Greatest QB of all time. Easy choice.

GM Franchise

RG III has two votes? Are you kidding me?! The guy is an untested rookie who has only played five weeks of NFL football. He may be good but he's not that good yet. The guy hasn't done much since week two and almost got himself killed last week. That is not the type of QB I'd want on my team at all. Honestly I'd pick Andrew Luck over him any day of the week going by what I've seen up until this point in the season.

Jon

As much as I hate him. Eli is by far the best decision here.

A 2 time Super Bowl MVP, yeah he doesn't perform always exceptionally in the regular season, he always performs in the post season, when it counts.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: DnK on October 13, 2012, 12:27:36 AM
As much as I hate him. Eli is by far the best decision here.

A 2 time Super Bowl MVP, yeah he doesn't perform always exceptionally in the regular season, he always performs in the post season, when it counts.

He would be number 2 on my list behind Brady with Roethlisberger, Rodgers, and Brees rounding out the top 5. After that I'd have Peyton and Ryan followed by everyone else.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I think the point of this question is somewhat misleading as half these guys maybe have a season or two left in them. I'd actually select Dalton of the Bengals. He has proven he can hang in this league which some of the other guys haven't and also since the purpose of this is to build a franchise the more established all pros won't be around long enough for me to put the rest of the pieces of the puzzle into place.

Notable absence from your list in my opinion include Jay Cutler, Matthew Stafford and Ponder all guys who have to some degree proven they can play in the NFL and also have age on their side.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Mike Powers

GM Franchise

Romo?! ROMO?! The guy chokes in the big games. And Jay Cutler? Mr. Interceptions himself. He does good against the weaker pass defenses but against the top level ones he falls apart most times.

Dalton lost to the Browns today. THE BROWNS! Nobody loses to that team. Last week he lost to the Dolphins. Those are two games the Bengals should've won.