NFL Debate: Who would you have as your QB

Started by Cory, October 12, 2012, 06:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on December 04, 2012, 08:41:59 PM
He's only played two games all season because of an injury. Last season he had his best season as a pro even with the horrid Curtis Painter throwing the ball. That alone makes him above average.

2 games, really? It's actually 6... but you make a good point. He's also injury prone.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Mike Powers

Quote from: Jon on December 04, 2012, 08:57:14 PM
2 games, really? It's actually 6... but you make a good point. He's also injury prone.

JUST like listening to Skip. :p

Jon

Quote from: Mike Powers on December 04, 2012, 09:09:36 PM
JUST like listening to Skip. :p

Except Skip is better at admitting when he's wrong and he gets more things right then James. But all the bad habits Skip has, James definitely follows suit with them.

Jon

Like Skip is RGIII compared to James is Collin Kaepernick.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on December 04, 2012, 09:16:25 PM
Except Skip is better at admitting when he's wrong and he gets more things right then James. But all the bad habits Skip has, James definitely follows suit with them.

Pot, kettle, black. Don't even get me started on this since you do the SAME THING yet everyone ignores it since I'm the one with all of the dissenting viewpoints on here.

Quote from: Jon on December 04, 2012, 09:20:21 PM
Like Skip is RGIII compared to James is Collin Kaepernick.

Who has the better chance of winning a Super Bowl this season? The answer is not RGIII.  :)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on December 04, 2012, 09:27:19 PM
Pot, kettle, black. Don't even get me started on this since you do the SAME THING yet everyone ignores it since I'm the one with all of the dissenting viewpoints on here.

Who has the better chance of winning a Super Bowl this season? The answer is not RGIII.  :)

What have I got wrong that I didn't admit to?

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on December 04, 2012, 09:31:34 PM
What have I got wrong that I didn't admit to?

I never said that. I'm saying you have the same bad habits as Skip not that part.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

James will like this.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1433559-how-do-nfls-2012-rookie-qbs-stack-up-in-the-clutch

I agree with him for the most part. I just think in the end, Luck's INTs will cost him RotY. But I honestly would mind either of these QBs to win Rookie of the Year, they'd each deserve it in their own right. I just like RGIII out of them all, despite the stats presented in this column.

Interesting to note:
Comeback & Game Winning Drives
Luck: 3 (3-1)
Wilson: 3 (3-4)
RGIII: 2 (2-4)

Yet, he's not clutch? :/

James, I'm not saying you have to agree that RGIII is the best of the 3, but to completely disregard what he has done this season is blasphemy. He's the real deal whether you like him or not.

Either way, these next 4 weeks will be huge in determining the ROY winner. And will Doug Martin have something to say about it? One thing's for sure... this has been one of the best rookies classes in a long time!

GM Franchise

SEE?! I'M NOT CRAZY! I've been saying it and saying it and now I have FACTS that go along with what I've been saying. YES! YES! YES!  :jointpasssmiley:

I'm still saying he's overhyped but he is talented. I never denied that. I just don't think he's Clutch and that he's going to be a flash in the pan.

I'm a Russell Wilson guy. Look at the stats presented in this article. His home passer rating is unreal for a rookie. He also won on the road at Chicago and the Hawks were the first non-NFC North team to win there in three seasons. HUGE win for Seattle last week. Here's what it says.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap1000000106328/10-mindblowing-stats-from-week-14-in-the-nfl?campaign=Twitter_essAYS_stats#photo=1

QuoteRussell-mania

Seahawks QB Russell Wilson has thrown a game-winning TD pass in the final two minutes of regulation or OT three times this season, the most ever by a rookie since at least the 1970 merger. With 11 TDs and no interceptions in Seattle, Wilson has the NFL's highest passer rating (122.0) at home this season. He is on pace for the third-best single-season passer rating at home in NFL history, which would place him behind Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees, but in front of Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, Steve Young and John Elway in the record books.

Jon

Just remember though, one of those "3*" was the worst calls in NFL history against the Packers. So really, he has as much comeback, game-winning drives as RGIII. 2.

I never said RGIII was more clutch then the others. I have stated multiple times that all 3 are clutch.

Just remember, Luck was hyped more than RGIII to enter the season, obviously, as he was the #1 pick. However, you don't think he is over-hyped because, true, he has proven to be the most clutch rookie this season. But he's also made the most mistakes. Obviously, Luck will learn to limit those mistakes... or maybe not. Maybe he's the next installment of Eli Manning. A guy that is clutch, but makes boneheaded mistakes. Either way, I think Luck and RGIII are the more likely to suceed out of the 3 for years to come.

Wilson, I will say has been more than impressive this season. He's more then lived up to his 3rd round draft selection. And he truly hasn't received the praise he truly deserves because of being overshadowed by Luck & RGIII. But it'll be interesting to watch him grow as a player and see what he develops into to. 

GM Franchise

True but people will be talking about the infamous Touchception for years. Golden Tate and Russell Wilson will live in infamy in the lore of the NFL and especially in the minds of Packer fans.

See? He got people talking even if he refs blew it, lol. I mean, c'mon. How many players have thrown a game winning Touchception? Only him.  :P

RGIII may get the hype but Wilson will live in infamy. Wilson was the least hyped out of the three and with the way he's playing I'm all for him winning it. I do agree about the last four weeks deciding the race. Whomever plays the best out of Luck, RGIII, Wilson, Martin, and I'll even throw in Richardson and Kuechly in there will win the Rookie of the Year award.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on October 14, 2012, 02:55:25 PM
I think the point of this question is somewhat misleading as half these guys maybe have a season or two left in them. I'd actually select Dalton of the Bengals. He has proven he can hang in this league which some of the other guys haven't and also since the purpose of this is to build a franchise the more established all pros won't be around long enough for me to put the rest of the pieces of the puzzle into place.

Notable absence from your list in my opinion include Jay Cutler, Matthew Stafford and Ponder all guys who have to some degree proven they can play in the NFL and also have age on their side.

Your forgot your post before that one.  :)

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: GM Franchise on February 03, 2013, 11:24:21 PM
Your forgot your post before that one.  :)

No I didnt forget that post. I stand by all those comments, seeing as Andy Dalton didn't win a Superbowl it seemed kind of irrelevant to quote that. Joe Flacco did and like the other QBs I mentioned are ones I would think people would consider starting a franchise with.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'