TFWF/EFK FANTASY FOOTBALL - DISCUSSION/QUESTIONS

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, July 19, 2010, 10:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Any discussion and questions can go here. After round 1 is out the way, we will ramdom org on selections. Also after round one, every person will have 36 hours before the last post to make a selection. If they miss this and I can monitor this folks...then they will miss a pick and have to make up their roster with whats left. After the draft I have an excel spreadsheet which I can apparently input into NFL.com and we will finalize our teams.

Leave questions and discussion as we go.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Domingo

So then , if someone misses their pick they are not allowed to make it up until the end of the draft... Am I reading that right?

If I am, then that means they go on making their other picks, but that one is lost. I like that idea, because with 36 hours no one should miss a pick.

Sally Screw

I hope this goes a weeeeeee bit faster than it's been so far. Just doing a bit of math here, it's already taken about 14 hours to do 2 picks. So at an average of 7 hours per pick and 16 teams that need to do 15 picks each....we will need 1,680 hours... or 70 days. Again, using some math, this will bring us to September28th, give or take a day or two either way.

Aw, guys... the season starts on September 9th !!!!!!!

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

- That is correct John they will not allowed to pick up another pick until the end of the draft

- Sally there is a method to the madness, there will be double pick rounds and if it gets too much I will drop it down to 24 hours which is something Ash mentioned as well.

- Robert of the Cleveland Fury who is apparently a Browns fan needs to hurry the fuck up lol

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Just so folks know

- EACH ROUND WILL BE DETERMINED BY RANDOM.ORG just to add spice to proceedings

- ROUND 4 and 5 will contain DOUBLE PICK rounds

- Lets have fun with it

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Just to be clear...put your choice of a pick in the other thread and I will then upload these to NFL.com once our draft is done. I have an excel file where I am recording everyones picks.

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Thought it might be interesting to be honest Fnord and spice up the league, that way guys have got to make smart selections.

Fnord

I absolutely agree.  At first, I was like... "gotta throw my regular routine out of the window", but then I kinda thought about it and it seems innovative and exciting!  I'm all for it.  Good idea!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I might have to call an audible here. 36 hours to post INCLUDING round one folks. Its moving way too slow.

Cory

Dont fucking do random.org.

What if the same person gets multiple first picks in each round? Then there would be an unfair advantage.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on July 21, 2010, 03:46:53 PM
Dont fucking do random.org.

What if the same person gets multiple first picks in each round? Then there would be an unfair advantage.

Then you better select wisely when you get a pick. I thought you were suppose to be good at picking up talent...have some fun in your life!

Cory

No I like the variety, but say its this:

Round 1:
1st Pick -- Ian
12th Pick (Last) -- Cory

Round 2:
1st Pick -- Ian
12th Pick -- Cory

Round 3:
1st Pick -- Ian
12th Pick -- Cory

You would consistanly get top players, and I'd only have the chance to pick whatever guy remains, which is bullshit. Select wisely, well if Im constantly in the bottom five, if I have to keep selecting turds, its going to make the league unfair. I like the challenge, because I've dominated every fantasy thing I've joined, but I think Snake draft is the safe bet.

Fnord

I highly doubt random.org would give Ian the 1st pick every round!

Cory

But I mean the general assumption. If one person is consistently picking within the first 5 picks of the round, hes going to have a much stronger team than a person who keeps picking in the last 5 picks of the round, which isn't too far fetched, and wouldn't be based on picking intelligently, rather than the game being "unfair" in a way.