TFWF/EFK FANTASY FOOTBALL - DISCUSSION/QUESTIONS

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, July 19, 2010, 10:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXBlade

Quote from: Heath Weston on July 23, 2010, 09:28:05 AM
I am the Red Barons Bruisers, I know I'm on the clock, I'll have my pick when I get home from work (in like 8 hours).

Just saying.  If you had some sort of idea of who you want to draft for the whole game, that draft pick could have been made then rather than posting this.

I'm not having a go, but if we are trying to speed things up, that doesnt help.  I'm pretty sure the next 4 would have been ready to make a pick.

Like i said, I already have my whole roster picked out with backups.  So if anyone comes across this predicament again, its a good way of knowing who you want, rather than waiting until its your turn to pick a player.

Domingo

SO what if someone takes the guy you want, right before your pick? What do you do then?

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

FXBlade

Quote from: domingotfwf on July 23, 2010, 12:07:49 PM
SO what if someone takes the guy you want, right before your pick? What do you do then?

I have a minimum of 5 players for each position.

On a piece of paper next to my computer i have it written out

eg.

QB - 1

RB - 1

and so on.  When a player is picked he gets crossed off my list because I cant have him.  I still have the back ups there because I know who i want mainly in my team.  And for players like RB because we will need to draft a few, I have like a minimum of 15 picks for that.

Gates

Quote from: Blade on July 23, 2010, 12:05:46 PM
Just saying.  If you had some sort of idea of who you want to draft for the whole game, that draft pick could have been made then rather than posting this.

I'm not having a go, but if we are trying to speed things up, that doesnt help.  I'm pretty sure the next 4 would have been ready to make a pick.

Like i said, I already have my whole roster picked out with backups.  So if anyone comes across this predicament again, its a good way of knowing who you want, rather than waiting until its your turn to pick a player.

I've got stuff planned out. I apologize that I was unable to get my pick in before being rushed off the work. I only jumped on to check e-mail and got that e-mail from Ian. I didn't really have time to post what I did here, but I did so that everyone knew I was going to make the pick I just couldn't at that time.

Thanks though. Really helps.

Fnord

We are starting only 1 QB, right?  There's a whole crap-load of QB's going!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

FXBlade

Yes.  you need to pick 2 overall so you have one backup, but its like yourself picked a RunningBack 1st.  I have a few RB's that I am happy with so went for my QB first, especially with my 2nd pick being 6th on the list.

You started by picking a RB, some people have started by picking a QB.  For example  Rodgers last year pretty much matched Johnson for points Week i/week out.  So it all depends on who thinks who will score more points

Fnord

Blade... I know how fantasy football works.  lol

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Midas

I really wanted a RB for the First round but alot of my picks went already so I made a list of who I will take and then looked at who was picking after me and TY Ian for letting us know the picks for round 2 because then I knew that after my first round pick I only had to wait for Blade & Watson. So then I looked at watson first round pick and saw he picked a RB so i figured odds were more likely that Blade & Watson would snatch up Romo who I wanted  then one the RB since Blade would be the only person likely picking a RB before I get my next pick...

Midas

LOL Should have checked the thread...

Looks like Weston picked TWO Running backs and does not care as much about QB...

Gates

I wouldn't say I don't care as much about a QB, just trying something else.

Midas

My thought process was that you know the QB you want and are confident that your first choice will be around in Round 3 and are waiting for that...

Gates

Basically. I toyed with taking him in Round 2 with the way they were flying off the board, but figured I'd roll the dice. Might miss out on him, but I'd rather get two strong options at a weak position to build off of.

Worst case is I settle for something lesser than what I wanted.

FXBlade

Quote from: Fnord on July 24, 2010, 11:09:22 AM
Blade... I know how fantasy football works.  lol

Thats good then.  By the way you seemed surprised, I wasnt sure.

Quote from: Midas on July 24, 2010, 11:29:05 AM
I really wanted a RB for the First round but alot of my picks went already so I made a list of who I will take and then looked at who was picking after me and TY Ian for letting us know the picks for round 2 because then I knew that after my first round pick I only had to wait for Blade & Watson. So then I looked at watson first round pick and saw he picked a RB so i figured odds were more likely that Blade & Watson would snatch up Romo who I wanted  then one the RB since Blade would be the only person likely picking a RB before I get my next pick...

I was toying with Romo.  It was either him or Ryan.  And because most people went with QB's I thought I would, as I have about 15 RB's I would be happy with taking, surprisingly only 1 has gone so far.  But I thought I best snap up a QB before the barrel is needed to be scraped

Midas

Quote from: Blade on July 24, 2010, 11:49:35 AM
Thats good then.  By the way you seemed surprised, I wasnt sure.

I was toying with Romo.  It was either him or Ryan.  And because most people went with QB's I thought I would, as I have about 15 RB's I would be happy with taking, surprisingly only 1 has gone so far.  But I thought I best snap up a QB before the barrel is needed to be scraped

Yeah my RB list is no were as deep as yours but yeah Romo just seemed like the logical choice and I was thinking like you I wanted to snap up a QB before all the good ones are gone...