News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Radiohead Release Album a Day Early

Started by Rob, February 18, 2011, 03:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Quote from: Uncut MagazineRadiohead are releasing their new album 'The King Of Limbs' today (February 18).

The album contains eight songs and clocks in at 37 minutes long.

The follow-up to 2007's 'In Rainbows' had been scheduled to come out tomorrow (19), but the band decided to bring the release date forward by 24 hours. It's being sent to those who pre-ordered it at Thekingoflimbs.com.

The Oxford five-piece have also posted a new song from the album, 'Lotus Flower', on YouTube.

Frontman Thom Yorke had been set to make a broadcast about the new album in Tokyo today, but it was cancelled due to security fears. The broadcast was set to air at Thekingoflimbs.jp instead.

The tracklisting of 'The King Of Limbs' is:

'Bloom'
'Morning Mr Magpie'
'Little By Little'
'Feral'
'Lotus Flower'
'Codex'
'Give Up The Ghost'
'Separator'

Listened to it about 10 times over and I absolutely love it. It's like Amnesiac but about 10 times better. Lot of people complaining about the length but it's only 3 minutes shorter than In Rainbows and the May release of the Newspaper Album will be stacked with a lot more stuff than In Rainbows ever had.

If you're going to get this album, don't get it illegally. Pay the £6 or $9 to download it.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Tim-Æ

I'm a massive Radiohead fan. OK Computer is the greatest album of all time in my opinion. The Bends is pretty high up there as well. I even enjoyed Hail to the Thief, an album no one apparently likes. That being said, I'm not disappointed in The King of Limbs, I'm just not all that impressed. That's after two listens. I'll give it some more spins, and hopefully it'll grow on me. It feels more like a background album. Length doesn't bother me, it just feels less like an album and more like an EP when it's less than 10 songs to me. Either way, it's nice to see them still around, and hopefully a new tour in the US is underway.

Rob

A lot of people are expecting more, and a lot of typical Radiohead viral stuff is pointing toward more.

As for the album itself, I love the music. It's typically non-Radiohead, as is each album they produce. It is a little bit like Amnesiac, but Amnesiac had a lot more riffs in it if I remember correctly, I've not listened to it in a while. To me this is Radiohead saying "Yeah, we used to be pretty moody. We're ok now! We guess!" A lot more at peace with a lot of stuff in the world, and it sounds it. It feels like a good EP... but that's the thing, first thing I did was compare it to My Iron Lung EP...

After several listens though I truly feel it's the first album I've ever been addicted to. I don't know whether it's because I want more or not...

For that I give it a 9.5/10.

This could all change in May, when the rest of the stuff comes out. 2 10" vinyl kinda point toward there being more than a mere 37 minutes of songs.

I'll try and find the column I was reading about loads of different, minor things pointing towards more material and post it on here for the one other guy to read.
SixersEagles

[/center]