News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Next Discworld Novel...

Started by beagrie, January 29, 2011, 12:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagrie

A little information had sneaked out about the next Discworld novel by Terry Pratchett, but, this week we got a little more;

Snuff get's release date

We now know that the book will be published in early October (13th), and is another Sam Vimes/City Watch story. It has been stated (by Pratchett, I think) that this book will feature goblins - first seen in Unseen Academicals, only two books ago. The above link also has what looks like the books blurb.

Is anyone else interested in Discworld? Personally, Pratchett is, far and away, my favourite author, and Sam Vimes is my favourite character from the Discworld (Night Watch is my favourite book of all time) so obviously I'm looking forward to it.

Having read his last two novels, I don't think his condition is affecting the quality of his work.

Smash INC

Pratchett has been the best British author for absolutely ages now and I don't expect that to end anytime soon, despite his condition.

I think that Wintersmith is probably his best work, but I'm a sucker for the Wee Free Men.

jagilki

I too like the Watchmen books, but... and I think I'm in a minority, I also enjoy the Moist Von Lipwig books.

beagrie

Quote from: Jagilki on January 29, 2011, 07:28:48 PM
I too like the Watchmen books, but... and I think I'm in a minority, I also enjoy the Moist Von Lipwig books.

I love the Moist von Lipwig books! It's already been confirmed that the next book after Snuff will be another Moist story, tentatively titled Raising Taxes.

BamBamBunglow

Sweet!

I love Pratchet books, I've read them all, and beyond a shadow of a doubt Vimes' my favourite character. Thud! Was a fantastic book, Men At Arms was great and Feet Of Clay possibly my favourite! Glad to see Vimes ain't being forgotten :)

Rob

I keep meaning to read Discworld... How many are there now? I know there's a lot...

I've pretty much read everything I've ever wanted to read except for Discworld and I know I will love it, seeing as it is Terry Pratchett.
SixersEagles

[/center]

jagilki

Rob

It's all good, I got the first one for my kindle...
SixersEagles

[/center]

BamBamBunglow

Highly recommend the Death and Nightwatch/Sam Vimes stories moreso than the others.

They're allll good though :)