News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Olympics Thread

Started by T-Bonizzle, July 27, 2012, 07:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

Locthe beats Phelps today. Phelps still has a couple of medals to go to be the winningest athlete of all time.

Black Death

That was Locthe top event and he beat him at the world, so it not a surprise   
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Rob

The opening ceremony was awe-inspiring and at times so bloody brilliant I was emotional. The "digital era" part of it lacked for me and McCartney being thrown in there with the Arctic Monkeys and the lad from Two Door Cinema Club was a bit strange considering I thought it was supposed to represent the new generation of Great Britain, but overall I think Danny Boyle can be very pleased with himself.

Watched most of it today, pretty pleased with the GB efforts so far, all the swimmers did a great job, a lot of them weren't really in contention beforehand. The gymnasts for GB look to be in a fantastic place at the moment, much better than 4 years ago.

Only disappointment was the cycling road event which I thought GB had in the bag but it all fell apart toward the end... the winner of Tour de France + Mark Cavendish should've meant gold.

As for US being tipped to take home the most medals... Well... When you've got around 550 people competition, you would expect to win it...
SixersEagles

[/center]

Gary

Quote from: Rob on July 28, 2012, 05:14:06 PM

As for US being tipped to take home the most medals... Well... When you've got around 550 people competition, you would expect to win it...

US has 530 delegates, UK has 541 so your logic makes no sense.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

T-Bonizzle

BURN

Gymnastics on now. Honestly I don't know how anyone can watch these routines without their jaw on the floor. It's absolutely insane.

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

GM Franchise

Team USA basketball on tomorrow. Definitely watching that.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Sally Screw

Canada beats S.Africa 3-0 in women's soccer(football)... Canada losses to Russia in Women's basketball. Canada beats Great Britian in men's beach volleyball prelims.

Rob

Then I would expect Team GB to win the most medals.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jerry McClean

Team GB have that many in so we can have people competing in their home games tbf. A lot of them don't stand a chance from what I've seen.

Gutted for Cavendish. Watched the majority of that race and he seemed quite unlucky. But that's racing I guess.

As for Phelps. He looked pretty slugish in his 4th placed effort in the 400m. So not sure how well he'll be doing in the other events he's in.

I didn't bother getting any tickets (I mean, I applied. But wasn't really fussed when I got nothing). I might try and get to a couple of paralympic events though so I can see the stadiums. But I'm happy watching bits of the games on TV.

Oh, and Mr. Bean was the best part of the opening ceremony. Hands down haha

Justin

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on July 28, 2012, 04:02:56 PM
Locthe beats Phelps today. Phelps still has a couple of medals to go to be the winningest athlete of all time.
[/quote

I thought he already had the most medals.

Sally Screw

Canada gets on the medal board... a Bronze in Women's 3M Synchro diving.

Rob

First medal for GB in the womens cycling road race, same first medal as the Beijing olympcs, goes to show there's been no progress in swimming for 4 years.... and other minor events like shooting
SixersEagles

[/center]

Adam Wrong

We have actually progressed if you look at placing etc n the rounds. Our brits beat a favourite in the judo. Boxing we are progressing well and gb beat canada in beach volleyball. Negative attitude and press aren't helping.

Gary

For once I'm excited for track cause PR has its first shot at a gold medal in a long time with Culson. Would be a cool moment for my little island.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.