News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Premiership Results (06/12/2008)

Started by Rob, December 06, 2008, 01:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Okay I got a bit more time than I thought. For now I'll just put up the results and what I thought about them.

Fulham   1-1   Manchester City
I'm pretty surprised by this. City have been on okay form recently. They were unlucky not to get anything out of United and did well to keep it down to one goal. They also did well to see past Arsenal 3-0. So Fulham will be pleased with this result. It's a 1-1 draw that they may not get anywhere near the otherside of the window.

Arsenal   1-0   Wigan Athletic
Arsenal have struggled lately to score. They got a good result against Chelsea but with Wigan having slipped to where they are, Arsenal will be happy today with the 3 points. They need to get themselves into a better position if they're going to challenge for the title and scrappy little matches like this might be the results they need at the end of the season.

Blackburn Rovers   1-3   Liverpool
Fantastic result for Liverpool. With 16 games gone they are one point clear of Chelsea and as long as they can stay one point clear, the results like this will continue to come in. I'm going to put my money on Liverpool being in the top two at the end of the season. They'll be deleted at how they've managed to pull away from Man United and Arsenal. And nothing like scoring 3 goals away from home to boost the confidence.

Bolton Wanderers   0-2   Chelsea      
Chelsea need these wins against mid-table mediocre teams such as Bolton if they're going to catch Liverpool. While they're still pulling away from Man U, which will put a smile of Big Phil's face, they're not getting any nearer to Liverpool. In my opinion, I think Chelsea will need to convert big games such as the one against Arsenal into big results, otherwise they'll just fall further away.

Hull City   2-1   Middlesbrough      
Hull continue to be the breakthrough team of the season and even against teams like Middlesborough who are more worried about being in the division next season are still 3 points closer to what would be an amazing achievement of Europe next year. I wish Hull the best of luck because everyone knows, for those fresh teams the first 19 games are the easiest. The second 19 games will be harder than anything.

Newcastle United 2-2   Stoke City
Last year if you said to a Geordie that a 2-2 draw with Stoke would be a good result, they probably would've spat in your face. The fact is, they've struggled again this year to break into the middle of the table and now they're more worried about relegation. Stoke will see this as a good draw against a team who SHOULD be a big team, but just aren't. Good job to Stoke, see you down in the Championship with us next year Geordies.

Man Utd 0 - 0 Sunderland
To be updated after final whistle.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Smash INC

Arsenal have been a surprisingly weak team this season and it breaks my heart.

Hull City are doing amazing and I hope that they get a top 4 spot at the end of the season.

Cory

Quote from: Smash INC on December 06, 2008, 01:48:26 PM
Arsenal have been a surprisingly weak team this season and it breaks my heart.

Hull City are doing amazing and I hope that they get a top 4 spot at the end of the season.

Im agree on both statements 100%.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob

Arsenal have gone down hill in my opinion because they've suddenly realised that Wegner isn't the fantastic talent spotter that he was 2/3 years ago. Fair enough he's got a couple doing well, but his defense lets him down so much.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

I think they should sack him, they need a new manager, who doesn't have the over 28 rules.

Think about it, if Wegner didn't have that vetran 'one year contract rule' Arsenel would more than likely still have:

Sol Campbell, Ashley Cole, Patrick Viera, Robert Pires, and Thierry Henry, guys that were a key part in the undefeated season a few years back. Hell, even toss Freddy Lungberg in there, he was consistent.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob

Difference is though, Pires, Viera and Campbell are not only over 28, but I'm guessing over 34. They were past it when Wenger let them go.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Duckman

Arsenal have got some of the best young players in Europe in their team.  Fabrgas, Van Persie, Adabayor, Walcott, Clichy, Ramsey, Wiltshire.  Those are some seriously talented footballers.

The problem is they have no direction on the pitch.  No leader. 

Gallas was a fud and a cry baby and you can't have someone like that as your Captain.

There's a Champions League winning team at Aresenal I reckon.  Just don't think they've got the bottle or the fight to win the Premiership, not unless they get someone in that team who can fight, tackle and lead by example.

Back to the results though.  I watched Man Utd v Sunderland and I've never seen a more shite display from a team than the one by Sunderland.  It was literally a flat back 10 formation.  If they got the ball, they just kicked it into open space and then lined up again.  It was pathetic.  SO glad Utd scored because they deserved to put abot 6 or 7 past those negative little pussies.

This afternoon's game between Everton and Villa was the best of the season by a long shot.  A cracking goal by Sidwell after 30 seconds.  Then Everton equalise with a well worked free kick.  Then Villa take the lead in the 2nd half, Everton get it to 2-2 with a minute to go and with 12 seconds left Ashley Young scores a cracker for Villa to nick it 3-2.  A classic game only made better by the wicked roast chicken dinner I ate while watching it!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Adam Wrong

fulham are unbeaten in 5 now and I am confident in a 6th.

I love how people mocked Roy for brining in unknown Scandanavian guys and now not only is Hangeland proving his worth as a defender but you have the likes of Liverpool declaring interest!