News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Paul Ince gets the boot from Blackburn

Started by Duckman, December 16, 2008, 11:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Check out the main page of www.bbc.co.uk/sport for the main quotes and story.

13 games in charge doesn't seem like much but 2 wins in that time sucks.

I think it was a huge leap in his career that came far too early.  League 2 to the Premiership is like a different planet.

Anyway, Ince is a cock so I'm not too fussed about this.

Who is next in line for the BB job then lads?  My money is on Souness coming back and Tugay being his first team coach.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Rob

Allerdyce. Decide between Sunderland and Blackburn.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Quadzilla

Ridiculous decision.

Will the board quit seeing as they appointed him? ::)

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Duckman

That's a good point.  It was a stupid appointment in the first place.  I mean they finished 7th last year and bring in a manager who has no top flight experience and what, a year of being a manager in the lower leagues? 

It's one of two things.  Either he was dirt cheap.  Or he lied his ass off in the interview about what he could do for the club.

I can never understand why these Premiership clubs don't learn from the past mistakes. 

Still, if 17 games is the average time you get to prove yourself these days, I'm surprised there's anyone that can be arsed being a manager.  Had more job security on the front line in WW 1.

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Quadzilla

The funny thing is, at Macclesfield and the McDons, Ince did a good job at both clubs but probably got the job on name alone. He'd have been better off going to Leicester when they were looking for a manager to get more experience first.

And it's not like he had loads of money to spend is it? He couldn't possibly be expected to put his stamp on the team and bring in his own players in such a short timescale. And didn't Hughes struggle in his first year there?

Just annoys me he gets the boot when he hasn't had a real chance. Oh well Roy Keane and Paul Ince swap shop?? :-\ :-\ :-\

By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Duckman

You look at the way these guys get the boot after such a short space of time and it's easy to see why the clubs go nowhere.

Newcastle, Spurs, Blackburn, West Ham.  All of them have had a revolving door for their managers in the last while and none of them have gone anywhere.

Then you look at the legacies that Fergie and Wenger have built and even Moyes to a certain extent has been able to build over time and I remember one year they finished 17th. 

I suppose it's the fear of what happened to Leeds, Charlton, Derby and even Sunderland before Quinn saved them.  You drop out the top flight and if you don't plan for it, you are completely fucked.

I can see why they sacked him but it's just a shame they appointed him in the first place instead of letting him learn his trade for a few years and then move up.

Reminds me of John Barnes.  No experience, got given the Celtic job, fucked it, got sacked and hasn't had a job since in top flight football.

Peace

Duckman

Quadzilla

To be fair though how the hell do you fuck up the Celtic job?

CL football is a lock every year lol. You either win the league or finish second. You have the most money, a trained chimp could manage them.:D

Duckman

You'd think, but they lost 3-1 to Inverness Caledonian Thistle, which resulted in the greatest pun of all time:

"Super Cally Go Ballistic, Celtic Are Atriocious!"

How awesome is that?

Peace

Duckman

Quadzilla

LMAO! That's gold!

Sam Allardyce new Rovers manager according to SSN.

Duckman

Yeah BBCsport just confirmed it and so did Blackburn through their website.

What do you make of that appointment?

Peace

Duckman

Quadzilla

I think it's a good appointment for Blackburn. They have been sloppy at the back this season, and under Big Sam they certainly will be able to defend. He has the tools to make them a regular top 6/7 side as long as he's given the time.

They'll certainly stay up with him in charge.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Paul Ince was given no money and lost two of his best players in Bentley and Friedel with the only other decent lad Santa Cruz under performing and full of transfer spec all season.

He didnt have a fighting chance with only 3.5 million spent on a sub par keeper in the form of Robinson.

The lads didnt play for him, the board wouldnt back him. Given the resources of someone like Rovers they need to be spending near on 25 million every summer to compete before someone plays the Hull card. Hull will be lucky to survive next season they are playing on luck and adreniline at the moment.

This was a bad move by Rovers. Sam Allardyce is a great manager, but he isn't going to work miracles here.

I know Ince will bounce back in the lower leagues with someone, much like Keane they are bred from great stock.

THE GUV'NER LIVES!!!!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rob

Good appointment. It's the appointment they should've made in the first place. As for Ince, think about it. Former Liverpool player. He has connections to Liverpool's upper management, perhaps they were hoping he'd be able to pull some players in cheap from Pool.
SixersEagles

[/center]