News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The NHL Topic

Started by Strike, September 04, 2011, 12:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gates

Quote from: For3v3r on December 11, 2011, 02:07:36 AM
Oh God. Why are my Leafs turning to shit?  :'(

Because it always seems to happen...as a fellow Leafs fan, it hurts to have seen them do so well but now the Achilles heel is rearing its ugly head. Our goaltending is just really hit or miss lol.

Geordie

Not to mention the penalty killing for them has been shit since Wilson took over.

Quote[Today at 02:28:53 PM] Black Death: i thought  rettop had a raping promo
[Today at 02:28:55 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I know I did a snippet in a Rettop RP once, is that what you meant?
[Today at 02:28:59 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: ...
[Today at 02:29:02 PM] Black Death: yeah
[Today at 02:29:13 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I think EVERYONE is sigging that, BD

Strike

So, 24/7's first episode...

Ilya Bryzgalov is going to be a quoting gold mine this season, isn't he? XD

Jon

Quote from: Chris Strike on December 17, 2011, 06:25:59 PM
So, 24/7's first episode...

Ilya Bryzgalov is going to be a quoting gold mine this season, isn't he? XD

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

James Porter

I am a huge hockey fan and am lucky enough to have NHL Centre Ice...which gives me the opportunity to watch any game. Living north of Toronto, I've always been a Leaf fan but was a huge Steve Yzerman fan so Detroit basically evolved into my favourite team.

The Wings and the Leafs...a bit of both worlds. One of the best franchises in sports along with the consistently failing Maple Leafs.

The fact that Burke didn't address the goaltending situation before the trade deadline boggles my mind. In my opinion, this alone will be the reason why they miss out on the playoffs once again.

As for the Wings, I cannot wait till round one for the start of their cup run.

Ty

:'( Montreal makes me sad  :'(

Jon

Still have hopes that Anaheim can sneak their way into the playoffs. Little bit of a step back with the beating they took against the Avs.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Gates

Quote from: TyTy (formerly Trifecta) on February 29, 2012, 11:11:07 AM
:'( Montreal makes me sad  :'(

My girlfriend is a Habs fan so I know all about this. I've been following them more then the team I usually follow (Leafs) and all I can do is shake my head at some of what Gauthier has done with a team entrenched in the basement.

Black Death

Go Red Wings

pretty much sums up the NHL for me 

;D
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Strike

Quote from: DnK on February 29, 2012, 01:01:21 PM
Still have hopes that Anaheim can sneak their way into the playoffs. Little bit of a step back with the beating they took against the Avs.

I was ecstatic we were able to take that game - Anaheim's been making their way back into the playoff picture and given our horrid record against our own division, we definitely need all the points we can get. Also, looking forward to seeing what McGinn can do in Avs uniform - if it's anything like the impact Downie's been giving us over the last few games since that trade...oh boy! =D

James Porter

Couple weeks left of the regular season but here are my predictions for what the final standings will be in each conference.

East:
1. Pittsburgh
2. Boston
3. Florida
4. New York Rangers
5. Philadelphia
6. New Jersey
7. Ottawa
8. Buffalo

The east is a little more clear on whos in and whos out. I don't see Ottawa sliding out so the main race will be between the teams racing for 1st in the southeast division; Washington, Florida, Winnipeg (securing the 3rd spot in the conference [stupid rule]) I believe it will be Florida. I think Buffalos goaltending from either Miller or Enroth will push them up a few spots and outlast Washington for that final 8th spot.

West:
1. St. Louis
2. Vancouver
3. Dallas
4. Detroit
5. Nashville
6. Chicago
7. LA Kings
8. San Jose

Too much talent up front on San Jose to not make it in especially now that they have Couture and Havlat back in the lineup. I'd love to see Colorado make it but being the youngest team in the league, I see them struggling to stay in the mix with the remaining 10 or so games. The final spots in the west are going to be a very close race and fun to watch.

Mark Mania

The worst possible thing for the NHL would be Phoenix v. New Jersey. Boring! I'm hoping for LA/NY. I can't stand NY after 24/7 just arrogant pricks. But Doughty and Dustin Brown are killing it so far.

Cory

Quick is a beast....thats all.

LA v/s New Jersey would be best case scenario. LA has been a force, and NJ has Brodeurs potentially last run.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

LA will definitely be in the Stanley Cup Finals. They are on the rampage right now and are peaking at the right time.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Drama Queen

I don't know much about hockey but I will be rooting for the only sports team to admit they are from NJ.