News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NBA Playoffs

Started by volacious, April 30, 2012, 11:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

volacious

What are you guys of the playoffs of it so far? I'm thinking the Thunder are looking pretty good. They seem to have more depth than the Heat, and could possibly beat them in the finals. That would be so tragic for LeBron. I think the Heat will pull it out though.

GM Franchise

LA Clippers baby. Greatest comeback in team history. If they can keep the momentum going watch out. Been waiting since I was a kid for them to do something and FINALLY they are headed in the right direction.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

volacious

The Clippers are definitely coming along. I don't think they're quite there this year though. Griffin must be more consistent late in games and he has to get better at the line or else they're going to tear him apart with fouls. After that come back though, it's hard to argue that they won't be a really tough out. The fact that they got into that kind of deficient in the first place is a little scary though.

SPDougie

No one is going to beat the Heat in the East so we'll unfortunately have to see them in the Finals.  With Derrick Rose out the only team in the East who could possibly beat the Heat is the Celtics (dominated the Heat in the regular season) but it looks like they might not even make it out of the first round.  The West is a bit more open and I just hope that it doesn't end up being the Lakers...Lakers/Heat would make me pray both team buses crash into each other and they call the season over.

SPDougie

Might be wrong when I said the Celtics won't make it out of the first round.  Looking like the Bulls won't either so it'd be Heat/Sixers and Celtics/Pacers in the eastern semis...would have much preferred a matchup with the Bulls.

volacious

Eh without Rose the Bulls series wouldn't be very entertaining really... sure in the regular season they could manage without him but this is the playoffs - a world's difference. I think a Heat/Pacers eastern championship would be really great, considering how deep the Pacers are. Boston would be pretty good as well.

GM Franchise

Pacers making the Eastern Finals would be a pleasant surprise. Didn't see that team gelling like they are at start of the season. I'd say they're the biggest surprise in the league and in a good way.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

SPDougie

Forgot that they don't re-seed teams after the first round.  So it'll most likely be Heat/Pacers in Round 2 and Celtics/Sixers.  Not sure why they do it like that but as a Celtics fan I can't say I'll be complaining too much about that matchup.

James

My team got swept Saturday (after winning it all the year before) so I have no favorites in the playoffs from here on out. I'm more interested in seeing how the Clippers/Grizzlies series goes (game one was a pleasant surprise), and seeing the match ups for the next round. I'd actually be satisfied with whoever wins the NBA title this year (as long as it's not the Heat), but I would like for a big surprise to make the championship round and win it (like the Pacers).

Gary

Im with James, Dallas is gone so I have no actual team to root for, and with Chicago getting injuries left and right the only other team I would've actually supported aint getting far so these playoffs aren't as interesting to me. Now I will openly root against the Heat in the finals, even if they go up against the Lakers. I am anxious for the OKC vs Lakers series though, that is gonna be pretty bad ass.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

GM Franchise

Clippers are on the verge of making round two. That makes me very happy.

Gary

I was happy when the Clippers got CP3 and Billups early in the season, but the level of flopping that the Clips do has made me hate them. Hope San Antonio (and I hate the Spurs) destroys them.

[/center]

GM Franchise

Screw the Spurs. I hope the Clippers send them packing.

Justin

The Heat will win it all.  The determination of Lebron and Wade will not fail them this year.

Gary

If Heat get the Spurs in the Finals..it may not be easy and Wade has started to decline a bit and his injuries are starting to pile up. If he makes it to the Finals healthy it will be interesting.

[/center]