News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Free Agency...

Started by Midas, June 30, 2010, 12:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

Ok so Free Agency is right around the corner for the NBA… If you have been following it then you have a opinion so here we go…

Here are the Free Agents who have been talked about:

Where are they going?

Lebron James
Chris Bosh
Dwayne Wade
Joe Johnson
Amare Stoudemire
Dirk Notwinski
Paul Pierce
Carlos Boozer
Ray Allen

If I left someone off the list then go ahead and add him…

My take…

Lebron & Bosh to Chicago

With Rose & Noah already here and both Gibson & Deng coming off the bench can someone say Eastern Conference Champs…

Wade & Boozer & Allen to Miami

Boozer will come over to Miami and everyone is talking about Miami picking up another big name but hell I just don’t understand. They have gutted their team and only have Beasley under contract so they need to add some dept to the team in the form of a bench so try signing someone who can help out that aspect IMO… That being Allen as with Pierce opting out I am seeing Allen being screwed and going to Miami fir a discounted price…

Johnson & Amare to New York

Add McGrady who if healthy gives the Knicks a great chance at the post season…

Dirk & Pierce back to their team…

Both mean opted out so they can simply get more money before the new bargaining agreement comes into affect….

Now on another note here is what I think should happen…For my Bulls…

Convince Cleveland that they should not be morons and atleast get something in return for Lebron and sign and trade Deng & Miller to Cleveland for Lebron… Then you go out and sign Johnson & Bosh to form a great team…

PG Derrick Rose
G Joe Johnson
F Lebron James
PF Chris Bosh
C Joakim Noah

I didn’t even think about this until someone on ESPN basically implied that if the Bulls did a trade with Cleveland they would have enough for two other max guys…

Gary

Add Nowitzki and Paul Pierce  to the list..it was made official today they opted to be a free agents.

The choices become even fucking bigger.

Lebron and Nowitzki together?
Lebron and Bosh?
Wade and Bosh?
Wade and Nowitzki?
Wade and Lebron?

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I am fucking excited as hell for tomorrow. Honestly, when we didnt do anything with Brand post JORDAN ERA I felt we never were going to turn the cornener as a franchise. It hurts to give up Captain Kirk, but to see the Bulls going deeper and deeper into the playoffs with the chance of free agency is awesome.

Also...ROSE IS THE REAL DEAL BABY!

WOHOOO DA BULLS!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Mark Mania

LeBron would be wise to go to Chicago. Although, the whole idea of a Deng/Miller trade for LeBron would never happen. Not a chance in bloody hell could that happen.

Bosh is either going with LeBron to Chicago or going with Wade to Miami.

Dirk will probably stay with Dallas, but who knows if people will just start throwing money at him and he'll go to New Jersey or the Knicks.

The Knicks are apparently interested in Ray Allen, but I know Ray and Paul Pierce both would like to stay with Boston.

Stoudemire will stay with the Suns.

New Jersey will pick up the leftovers in Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer.

Midas

Quote from: Gary on June 30, 2010, 03:06:36 AM
Add Nowitzki and Paul Pierce  to the list..it was made official today they opted to be a free agents.

The choices become even fucking bigger.

Lebron and Nowitzki together?
Lebron and Bosh?
Wade and Bosh?
Wade and Nowitzki?
Wade and Lebron?

I actually have them on my list as at the point I did this both had opted out... Now I am hearing rumors that Carmelo Anthony is going to be on the trading block which is weird because I thought he signed a extention with Denver but I am reading he didnt.

Quote from: Ian on June 30, 2010, 03:11:04 AM
I am fucking excited as hell for tomorrow. Honestly, when we didnt do anything with Brand post JORDAN ERA I felt we never were going to turn the cornener as a franchise. It hurts to give up Captain Kirk, but to see the Bulls going deeper and deeper into the playoffs with the chance of free agency is awesome.

Also...ROSE IS THE REAL DEAL BABY!

WOHOOO DA BULLS!

I know... Guys like us Ian have suffered during the post Jordan era with all of our hopes riding on Brand, Williams, Wallace, Hawkings, Barry, Curry, Chandler, J. Rose and I can go on and on...

Right now we are set up to have a great decade in the league so I am excited and cannot wait for them to announce James & Bosh in Chicago...

QuoteLeBron would be wise to go to Chicago. Although, the whole idea of a Deng/Miller trade for LeBron would never happen. Not a chance in bloody hell could that happen.

I agree it is not going to happen but it is more so because Cleveland is stubborn and do not want to be the team that trades James but at this point when James indicates he is signing with Chicago that is when Cleveland needs to get their heads out of their asses and get something in return. If he is gone he is gone so why walk away with nothing... Deng is a great number 3 and Miller is sought after by the Celtics to help out so if the Celtics want him then he is a commodity in my book and Cleveland could use a big man...

QuoteBosh is either going with LeBron to Chicago or going with Wade to Miami.

So true... But I think he is siding with James more then Wade because you have to keep in mind that if Bosh goes with Wade and they pick up someone like Joe Johnson all they have to surrond them is Beasley who they cant even give away to a team and their PG whose names escpaes me right now meanig they have to fill the roster with 10 minimum guys who are getting paid 1 Million for the year.... Not alot of quaility for that and also it might actually be that they need to ditch Beasley in order to sign 3 big names so we might not even have him... Bosh going to Chicago with James means he still has Deng, Gibson, Rose & Noah not to mention a young bench...

QuoteDirk will probably stay with Dallas, but who knows if people will just start throwing money at him and he'll go to New Jersey or the Knicks.

Here is the thing about Dirk... No one can offer him more then Dallas as they can offer 4 years 96 million and the rest can offer 4 years 93 million which seems like a little difference but I am confident that Kirk just did this opting out so he can get a could deal before the new agreement happens... Mind you he could be thinking that he wants a championship and is heading out for less money which means he should be in the same mind set as Bosh which is go with the big guns but on that note he would have to go with Wade & whoever in Miami but at that point we create a problem... Dirk & Bosh both are PF so you cant have a power team of Dirk, James & Bosh in Chicago or Dirk, Wade & Bosh in Miami... The teams will have to choose one or the other and I am thinking that if Dirk wants out he will end up in Miami with Wade is Bosh & James end up in Chicago but that is a big if... NEW YORK is a no go as they want Amare and he is the PF...

QuoteThe Knicks are apparently interested in Ray Allen, but I know Ray and Paul Pierce both would like to stay with Boston.

I think alot of teams want Ray Allen and I think Pierce opting out of his contract means alot of teams have a chance now as the Celtics might not be able to offer them both contracts... Allen will be looked at as a great SG ont he market and who knows I have heard alot of talk about Miami goign after him... Pierce will stay in Boston if they offer the max which I hear they might not do but it makes no sense for Pierce to opt out of a 21 million dollar year only to take less as they can offer him like Dirk 96 over 4 years and that would put him at 24 million a year...

QuoteStoudemire will stay with the Suns.

Nah... I mean they offer him up on the trading block every year when the deadline approaches and this guy is suppose to stay? I think he is thinking "Fuck you guys" because every year they take him for granted and with the playoffs he just had his value is at a all time high so he will captilize on it and go to NY with Johnson to play for their former coach...

QuoteNew Jersey will pick up the leftovers in Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer.

Jersey is picking the left overs lol... I hear all this talk about the new owner being a billionaire but last time I checked this is not baseball meaning everyone has a cap so yeah he could do a Cuban and make the locker rooms all great and treat the players like kings but he cant pay someone more then other teams... Oddly enough Boozer was suppose to play with James in Cleveland and had a verbal deal with them several years ago but something happened to where they got screwed when he backed out of his word and signed with Utah...

Gary

Me and Ian spoke about this during the morning, and the one thing Chicago has above all those teams except maybe Miami..is that they are already a playoff caliber team, the trade off kirk to get the salary cap..and them getting two of any of the combinations above..especially lebron will cement them as the top team in the east.

Dirk and Pierce are actually smart, they might stay with their teams but with the salary cap most likely changing next year, they are ensuring they re-sign with their teams at the rate the cap is still on. So even if they dont go to other teams they ensure themselves getting hefty contracts.

[/center]

Midas

I agree Gary...

Funny thing is I posted this same topic over at cwc and wild responded, you should check it out. Basically he says the Bulls have nothing to offer as a franchise and Rose is a ok player and that we might get Rudy Gay lmao

I don't even think he knows that Gay is a restricted free agent and the bulls would never pay what they would need to pay to get him lol

Bryan Payne

It looks like Carmello Anthony might become trade bait too.  He opted out of the  last years of his contract so the mumbles are they'll try to move him this offseason rather than let him play out the last year and then get squat for him.

Midas

Quote from: Bryan Payne on June 30, 2010, 06:52:05 PM
It looks like Carmello Anthony might become trade bait too.  He opted out of the  last years of his contract so the mumbles are they'll try to move him this offseason rather than let him play out the last year and then get squat for him.

Yeah Carmelo is up for trade debate but he did not OPT out of his contract like the rest, basically The Nuggets are offering him a extension for 3 years on his current deal which expires in TWO years but next year he can do like Lebron and the rest and opt out of the last year and becoming a free agent.

Since they are translating his lack of signing the extention as him intending on leaving the Nuggets next year they would rather offer him up for a trade to get something good in return as opposed to allowing him to opt out next year and then leave them screwed like Lebron is doing to Cleveland...

But the overall point is that they want to deal him unless he signs the extention and while alot of teams would love to have him alot of teams cannot do so like the Miami Heat for example... They have made their team so bare at this point that they have nothing to offer in return and I am confident that Nuggets want some serious players in return...

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Latest thing I have heard is the Lakers are in talks with the Raptors to trade:

Bosh for Bynum & someone else...

LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN FURTHER!

Dirk is talking with Dallas
Joe Johnson is meeting with the Hawks
which are both obvious

Rudy Gay and David Lee apparently to meet with the MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES this week...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Gary

Jersey has first crack at Lebron.

Oh its on bitches!!

[/center]

Gary

Dallas President was on the way to Germany to see Dirk, when Dirk's coach called and said not to bother Dirk was coming to Dallas, all signs point to Nowitzki re-signing but getting a better contract before next years collective bargaining begins.

[/center]

Midas

WOW.. That would be Crazy if the Lakers got Bosh in a sign and trade as long as they dont give away to much IMO... Problem is I have heard that Bosh wants to move to the PF for good and not being the big guy on the court and by giving up Bynum it appears they want to put Bosh in the C position...

Midas

Latest from today...

--- Amare Stoudemire has broken off talks with the Suns and will likely leave the team and sign with New York or Miami as he is a flordia native and ofcourse the Knicks coach use to coach him with the suns...

--- Joe Johnson has been ofered a max deal by the Hawks and alot of people are saying the Hawks are morons for doing so but it is assumed he will stay and not leave that 30 million on the table for the last year. Truth is that he would have gotten the max from most other teams minus the 6th year because once Lebron, Bosh & Wade sign the loser teams will be scrambling and trying to make a deal...

--- Lebron met with the Nets for 90 minutes and the Knicks for I think they said 3 hours but I am unsure, Miami & LA are on tap Friday and then the Bulls & Cavs on Saturday then he wants to take the 4th to think about it then make a choice on Monday.

--- Wade met with the bulls today for I think 2 hours and all the guys on ESPN are simply saying that was a ploy to distract the Bulls as every minute they spend with him is less time they spend going after the other guys...

--- Bosh... Well they are basically saying that he is loving every minute of it and was in Chicago meeting with all the teams...

--- Boozer is getting no love right now because he is third on the list of PF lol.. But he does own a home in Flordia and I heard he loves the state because of a hospital down there that helped his kid with a illness or some shit like that...

--- Rudy Gay didn't play no games and simply signed a extention with Memphis...

--- No talk on Dirk, Pierce or Allen but as far as D. Fisher the Lakers extended a little love to him... Jordan Farmar is not being persuded by the Lakers now and I hear he might sign a 1 year deal with the Pacers...

That is about it for right now...

Gary

Amare is close to signing with the Knicks for 100 million

[/center]