News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

James Raven vs Dragon Demonico

Started by Alex Smiley, August 04, 2018, 12:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

This is the place where the burritos...I mean roleplays...go.

RP Deadline: Monday, September 3 @ 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time
RP Word Limit: 1500 words

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Steven

The scene opens up to the bright outdoors where we find Dragon Demonico standing waterside. Demonico is recording himself with what must be a cell phone. Dressed up in his street ware, it seems that Demonico is broadcasting live to some sort of social media.

Dragon Demonico: "Did anyone miss me?"

Demonico smiles to the camera and is clearly aware that it has been years since fans had seen or heard from the former upstart.

Dragon Demonico: "It has been awhile. I needed to take some time to myself though. Even I can't deny that I was starting to lose myself to professional wrestling. I wasn't the same in those final months in TFWF and I lost sight of the reason I got into this business. I want to prove myself to the world, I want to know that I can go toe-to-toe with the stars that I looked up to in those years and I want to know that I still have what it takes to be one of the best professional wrestlers the world has ever seen."

Demonico seems to be deep in thought as he goes back over the years.

Dragon Demonico: "When I stepped into the business, I knew almost nothing. I wanted to be the best, but I had a lot to learn. I joined HIW with all my goals in mind, I grew in TFWF, and I wanted to see it all come to what I imagined in the Experts. It didn't happen though. Even though I knew that I could be one of the best, it never worked out that way. I always fell shorts, and I always had something new to learn. It ate away at me in my final months in TFWF and it destroyed what mattered most I realized, and that was my passion to be a wrestler.

"It kept destroying me and every time I stepped into the ring I regressed more than anything else. I was a fraction of the Dragon Demonico that you all cared about and supported through all those years. I lost the support of everyone that I did this for and I lost the respect of everyone around me. I wasn't me, and I knew that. I became the man that I fought to get out of this business, and that was too much for me to comprehend. I took some time to myself and decided that the best thing for me was to go off the grid."

Demonico shakes his head as he looks back on the wrestler he became in TFWF. Bitter and ungrateful, that wasn't who Demonico aimed to be.

Dragon Demonico: "I kept at it though. My dream never died and the passion came back to me. I have kept working and I was just waiting for an opportunity to return to what I loved. In August I was contacted by Timothy Kahrs who was checking in to see where my head was at. He proposed an idea to me that was too interesting to pass up. In a few weeks at Fuerza Pro's Embrace the World in Gray, I will be making my return to professional wrestling when I take on James Raven!"

Demonico smiles, as if he can imagine the cheers of all the fans that he used to love performing in front of.

Dragon Demonico: "In my mind, there isn't an event that would be more fitting for me to return at. I have been biding my time to come back, and this is perfect. I will be going to Long Beach with my world already coated in gray. It has been gray for years as I have tried to figure things out for myself. I haven't been the same that I was and that's because I have been away from something that I truly loved and something that I should have never left behind.

"When I get to Long Beach and get back into the ring, I know that I have a challenge that I have never faced before. So many names that I remember from my time in the TFWF have kept doing what they do best for years while I was at home fighting to figure out if I even still had what it takes to build my legacy. I can't let my weaknesses get to me this time around and I need to show that I mean business. If I'm serious about all of this I need to show that I can take on any challenge and James Raven is about as big of a challenge that I could hope for in my return."

Demonico seems a little concerned with the match he is going into, but as well as excited.

Dragon Demonico: "James Raven is more than experienced with this profession and business. He knows all the ins and outs and he is someone that has probably seen more than a dozen guys like me want to make a name for themselves. He is also someone who is more than prepared to destroy everything that I have dreamed of. Let's be honest, I probably don't mean anything to Raven. He went to Serbia and paid his price for being there. He's probably more than disgruntled about the loss to Mark Mania and he is looking to make a point here in Long Beach, and I'm the guy that is going to be across the ring from him.

"The difference between me and some average guy off the street though is that I have a mission. I have something I need to prove, much like Raven. I am coming to Long Beach with victory in mind, and I'm not going to let myself fall short. After everything that I have prepared for I know that my only shot at getting back to the top is by giving this everything that I've got. Raven has the experience no doubt, but he has never dealt with someone so dedicated to his goal. I'm not going to accept anything less of myself."

Demonico seems serious and looks like he is ready to get started right away.

Dragon Demonico: "I know come Fuerza Pro, everyone is going to be looking to show that they mean business, myself and Raven included. We are two guys who need to bounce back for different reasons. Raven has been through a lot over the recent months and I have been away for so long, I'll be surprised if everyone even if remembers who I am! That's what Long Beach will be for. I am coming to show that I still have what it takes and I will topple whatever competition stands in my way.

"There is no doubt in my mind that there are those who doubt me. After being away from this for so long, it would be a shock if people backed me one hundred per cent. I know that this is a new beginning for me though. This is a new chapter in the career of Dragon Demonico and I refuse to let it get off on the wrong step. I have waited until now as the perfect opportunity to return because I am now more ready than ever to prove that I am still the same that I was. James can throw everything and the kitchen sink at me, but I will not back down until I know that I've given everything that I can. I'm not going to accept anything less of me and I hope that you will all see that I am the same star you all remember from years ago. Raven is fond of telling everyone to remember him forevermore, and will tell people that through his actions. At Long Beach though, he's dealing with a dragon rising from the ashes. If he thinks he can stop me? I'd love to see him try."

A confident looking Demonico gives one last look to the camera before he turns off the feed and cuts the scene. Would Demonico be able to make the comeback he desired, or will the dragon's flame fizzle out?

The Raven

An Open Letter

"Embrace the world in gray".

It's not a difficult request. It's what I've been doing since the first day I stepped into The Experts realm. Sure, we can hang a different corporate logo on the promotional materials and call it Fuerza Pro but we all know what this is... it's another chapter for the collective that has refused to let me live in a world of black and white since the beginning of my career. It's all I've ever asked for; a shot to exist out of the murkiness they always painted me in. A chance to see the line in the sand and decide for myself which side I wanted to be in. I begged the Experts, I demanded of them... let me choose the light, or let me choose the dark, but let me choose.

Their answer was as clear then as it is now, that choice had already been made for me. I needed to let it go, and embrace my world in gray.

See, I was the kid from the XWF, the company with an owner foolish enough to book a True Experts title match between Black Death and Reggie Fresh. I was in the building when the referee called for the bell and handed Reggie the belt, and sent The Experts universe into a frenzy. That's it; I was in the building, nothing more than a casual observer, but I had the stench of the XWF on me forever. I wasn't welcome. People like Greg Manix and Scorpio made that clear, but I persisted.

I was there for Rival Factions 2008, when Level One and I carried Team Canada to the win... but did I get a pat on the back? Was my name whispered with the same reverence as my counterpart? No, of course not. I was told to take a hike, to run off to The Collective with the rest of the misfit toys and not to stir the pot. Keep my uppity ass in XWF and TWC, but stop sticking my nose where it didn't belong.

I went to Siberia. I dealt with the mistreatment and malnourishment, and I watched as the rest of the inmates cliqued up and promised to watch each others backs while pointing and me and snickering. They couldn't wait to see me broken. I was bounced from Extreme Tournaments, I was wait listed by VWF and the rest of the "big dogs", hell... even a couple of months ago, I was dragged kicking and screaming back into the fold for a match with Zach Rizza only to have the rug pulled out from underneath me at the last minute, and watch Mark Mania walk away with bragging rights* as The Experts laughed at once more setting me up and watching me fall.

Woe is me, I was never welcomed with open arms. Woe is me, I was never lauded for my accomplishments or hoisted on the shoulders of the masses after putting everything I had on the line to please them. Woe is me, I wasn't made out to be the legend I felt I deserved to be.

Woe is me.

I'm still here, though.

I'm still here, feet planted firmly at the gates of this eternal hell once again and ready to walk through the flames because it's what the fuck I do. I don't get chased away, I don't get beaten down, I don't allow myself to become a running joke for a group of people that couldn't just let things be black and white. I'm here, still flipping the middle fingers to MDK and still telling Georgie Nickles that those knee high leather boots do strange things to me.

"Embrace the world in gray."

That's not a threat to me, that's nothing more than business as usual... and for once, you all have to play my game.

Sincerely,
James Raven

I stare at my mug as the waitress fills it with coffee, dropping the check face down on the grease smeared table before leaving without a word. Jeremy reaches over and picks it up, glancing casually before pulling two twenty dollar bills from his wallet and dropping it all in a pile at the tables edge. He turns to me, focused.

JEREMY: So what do we know about this guy? Demonio or whatever?

RAVEN: Demonico. Dragon Demonico.

JEREMY: He sounds like a fucking anime character. If he gets into trouble, be careful he doesn't kamehameha you or some shit.

RAVEN: I don't think there's anything to worry about there.

Jeremy shrugs and takes a sip of his coffee.

JEREMY: Whatever, just looking out for you. Where's he been?

RAVEN: Around. Everywhere. HIW, VWF, TFWF, Phoenix...

JEREMY: Oh, so he's a scrub then.

I shoot daggers from my eyes, and Jeremy sets his mug down and holds his hands up defensively.

JEREMY: Relax! I was kidding! I'm sure he's great!

RAVEN: Uh-huh. Can you take this seriously please?

JEREMY: I'm trying, I really am, but you're telling me some guy with the most ridiculous name I've heard in a long goddamned time is a legitimate threat! I'm sure he's amazing! But damn! It's funny! Does he have a lucha libre mask?! Please tell me he wears a lucha libre mask.

RAVEN: ... no.

He slaps the table in disappointment, the cheap porcelain and stainless steel cutlery clattering loudly through the diner. I look around apologetically at the other patrons and the staff.

JEREMY: Well if I see him at the show, I'm going to tell him he should wear one. It might help his career take off.

RAVEN: His career is fine, he's been around for years.

JEREMY: Well I've never fucking heard of him, so... did he ever win any titles?

I roll my eyes. Of course he won titles. Everyone in this industry wins titles. Leave it to an agent to focus on all the wrong aspects of an industry, and just think about what's marketable. I sigh and humor him.

RAVEN: Yes, he won titles. HIW Barely Legal championship, he was a two time United Kingdo-

JEREMY: Oh, don't give me that horse shit! I mean REAL titles! World titles! Titles people actually remember! How did he do in TFWF?

RAVEN: ... uhhhh... not... great?

JEREMY: Remind me again how this guy is worth discussing for our entire breakfast? Lighten up! You're going to stomp this guy!

RAVEN: He was the longest reigning TFWF European champion...

JEREMY: OOOOOH! OH! The longest reigning European Champion you say?! Why didn't you tell me that earlier?! Did everyone hear that? Demonic Dragono was the longest reigning European Champion!

I drop my head into my hands, embarrassed. A patron from across the diner shouts back at Jeremy.

PATRON: You mean Dragon Demonico? That guy was great!

JEREMY: Shut the FUCK up! Who the fuck asked him.

RAVEN: You did. Look, stop making a scene, and stop downplaying this. This is serious. The guy is good, and the event is important. I'm asking you for input, so give me some serious input or let me get out of here and get to work with someone who will.

JEREMY: Fine, you want some input? Do what you're good at, study the guy. I guarantee you this clown isn't doing any research on you, he's not looking at your match tapes. He's going to come out and throw Mark Mania in your face as if you weren't royally screwed there, and he's going to bank on you being a washed up over the hill unmotivated slob like all the other assclowns do.

RAVEN: Wait, slob? I put on a couple pounds every once in a while, but I try to work it back off and-

JEREMY: It's a figure of speech, James. But yes, I stand by it. The point is this kid from Windsor is just that, a kid from Windsor. He's a perennial curtain jerker, a mid tiered champion on his finest day. You're the Peoples G.O.A.T. He knows you have the experience, he knows you have the skill. He's going to put on a brave face and try his best, and you're going to make a statement. Understood?

RAVEN: ... Yeah, I guess.

JEREMY: Well that's convincing. We're going to need to work on this.

Indeed we will.

Fear the Raven... Forevermore.