News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Michael Thunder vs Legion

Started by Alex Smiley, August 04, 2018, 12:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

This is the place where the burritos...I mean roleplays...go.

RP Deadline: Monday, September 3 @ 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time
RP Word Limit: 1500 words

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Russ

Stalwarts

"Fuckin' 'stalwarts' they call us. Biggest pile of shit I've ever heard... one of us is a damn Legend of this sport and the other is a jumped-up punk capitalising on a situation he ain't got no business bein' a part of..."

Our scene opens to a simple black backdrop and 'The Living Legend' Michael Thunder sat on a chair in front it, facing a camera. No glitz, no glamour, no gimmicks; this is a man ready to make his return to the ring, and ready to make sure the man he's taking on knows exactly what's happening. Thunder pauses briefly, running a hand over his silver stubble-coated chin as he mulls over his next points. Finally he looks up, his piercing blue eyes staring straight into the camera's lens.

Michael Thunder: "See Legion I see it this way, you've watched a war between Jack Benevolence and I from the sidelines, and just when you thought he had me done and dusted you saw your chance and you went for it. Boss of the Experts along with the rest of ya fuckin' creepy-ass family. Poor little Xander, over-looked, under-appreciated, never the one holdin' the gold at the end of the night... UNTIL NOW! Was that the plan Legion? Finally your chance to be on top of this sport, finally your chance to be the big boss, finally your chance to get your revenge on a group of people who never thought you'd amount to anything. Damn... in some ways it's kinda smart kid... I gotta give ya that...

So here we are, Legion as the big boss, and his band of brothers kickin' around tryin'a find him and take over the Experts and get the title and whatever else the rest of the god-damned Brady Bunch want from this. Thing is Legion you're forgettin' one very, very, very fuckin' important thing..."

Thunder stands from his chair and steps forward, the screen now entirely his rage-filled face. The icy blue eyes are staring right down the barrel of the camera...

Michael Thunder: "The Experts doesn't fuckin' belong to you, Xander."

He lets the words settle in for a few seconds as he slowly walks backwards, sitting back down again. Thunder pauses for even longer, breathing more heavily than before, before he sighs.

Michael Thunder: "You tell the world that people with a vested interest transferred power to you... who were they? Huh? You got any answers for me? 'Cause I can tell ya for a damn fact that  organisation is mine. Me, the Warden, the board; none of which have the fuckin' surnames Azula or Kahrs. You ain't a stalwart of the Experts, Xander. You ain't a hero of this place. You're a guy who battled Jesse Gunn in the Experts' ancient history, fucked off to god know's where, had a run in the TFWF, and carried on being the good-for-nothin' bottom-feeder of this business you always were. You watched from the sidelines while real heroes of this sport fought it out, and when we destroyed each other down you scuttled onto the battlefield and picked up the pieces. A true damn detritus feeder.

Still, I can't deny the outcome can I? Benevolence broke me down, beat me up, hid me away in a Siberian hell-hole. The Warden is still unaccounted for. The leadership of the Experts was gone as far as the world could see and here came this shining light, this leader, this stalwart."

Thunder spits on the floor, showing his disdain for the word being even remotely associated with someone like Legion.

Michael Thunder: "Well now's ya chance to prove it kid, now's ya chance to take on the actual boss of the Experts and see if you can make it. Toe-to-toe, fist-to-fist, hold-to-hold. How d'ya reckon it's gonna go Xander? See I know ya from way back in the day. First you were James Onlee's flunky, spoutin' religious bullshit, smackin' folk with a damn railroad spike. Gotta give it to ya kid that was an impressive and scary-ass duo, it'd take a brave fucker to go up against you two in your hey-day. Then it went oh so quiet for the one and only Xander "Legion" Azula... until once again he stood shoulder-to-shoulder with giants..."

A wry smile develops over his face as Thunder raises both his hands, contorting his fingers into the hand gesture for the One Ring Circus, an SCW and TFWF stable who dominated all who came before them. The Living Legend had stood side by side with the likes of MDK, Legion, and Georgie Nickles in the TFWF incarnation; a power-move that finally saw him become TFWF Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion.

Michael Thunder: "The One Ring Circus... hey look at that Legion, back in the day we were brothers. Maybe that's the in I needed to get back into the seat of power with the Experts, eh? Now I'm the first to admit my run with the ORC ain't my proudest moment. I came back to this sport scared I was bein' forgotten by the new generation, I saw the gold as my only chance to cement my name and legacy forever, and I was gettin' that title by whatever means were necessary. The One Ring Circus gave me the backin' and power I needed to finally take it. Do I regret standin' shoulder-to-shoulder with assholes like you and scum like Tenegra? Absolutely. Do I regret bein' a two-time TFWF Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion, TFWF King of the Deathmatches, and the longest-reingin' Sin City Wrestling Global Champion in history? Not for a damn second.

Bein' part of that team with you all those years ago I got to see a glimpse of what ya got. You might be a snivellin' lil' shit, ya might not have the gold in ya trophy cabinet, but I know on your day you can take some of the biggest and baddest. I've seen you make heroes tap out, I've seen you cave in the skulls of champions... and now I get to see whether you can do the same to a legend. At Fuerza Pro we're gonna go at it toe-to-toe, not as fuckin' stalwarts, but as a legend and an upstart who both want the same thing. I'm under no illusions, when I rip your arm out it's socket and you're tappin' to the Thunderstruck like your damn life depends on it I ain't gonna magically get the Experts back in my hands... but it'll go some way to showing the world that Michael Thunder is back and he ain't fuckin' around when it comes to this bullshit situation."

Thunder briefly pauses, once again running a hand over his stubble-coated chin, before pushing his fingers through his now silver, almost white, mid-length hair. He sighs under his breath before continuing.

Michael Thunder: "I might be in my fifties now Xander, I might not be in the physical shape I was when we last crossed path, but don't think for a second my heart is in any way less in this fight. I came back to wrestlin' to get the gold and make my name again; little did I know my real legacy was bein' at the forefront of the greatest organisation in the whole sport, The Experts. I love this place with everythin' I've got, and right now you're the face representin' the reason I'm not in charge... well Legion let me tell you pretty fuckin' clearly... as soon as that bell rings I'm comin' for you with everythin' I've got, I'll smash that fuckin' face into the mat until it's bleedin' and broken, and then I'll make ya scream until you're tappin' that mat with everythin' you've got. I'm takin' ya down kid, and then I'll take every fuckin' brother ya got down too... I don't care who... until I'm back.

In a sentence Legion... you're gonna be Thunderstruck."

He stands from the chair and without a second look back walks off screen, leaving the last word hanging as an iconic threat. A few seconds pass, the only items in shot the chair and the black backdrop, before footsteps approach. Thunder steps back into shot, staring at the camera with a sneer on his face.

"Oh, and Benevolence, I'm sure you're listenin' too. That title feelin' good around your waist, huh? Don't get too fuckin' comfortable... I've got a history of rippin' gold from your hands... and I'm ready and waitin' as soon as I get my damn chance..."

Fin.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Alex Smiley

Deep inside the Port of Long Beach we find rows of shipping containers on a warm summer's evening, the sun just setting over the horizon as we get our first glance of the completed Academia Fuerza, looking quite well for something put together hastily over the span of a couple months. The sky is getting darker and a cool breeze flows through the area, drawing our attention to the Eternal Circle standing in the makeshift ring. Flanked by his fellow disciples is the man of the hour himself, Legion, a wicked smirk on his face as he begins to speak.

"Come one, come all, to the Academia Fuerza. Here, in the outskirts of my old home base, the finest wrestlers will come together to prove to themselves and the world that what we started in Siberia was not just a one and done event...but a movement that no man, woman, or entity can stop. Eris smiles upon this place, and commands her disciples to spread the word to those with ears to hear...and the word is chaos."

He raises his arms as he looks up to the sky, and suddenly the skylights illuminate the area with one spotlight focused on the Head Disciple of Discord.

"Oh, sweet Eris, you have blessed this sacred ground for your work...and you will not be disappointed. You have given me the gift of The Experts, that I might use it as a platform for your gospel, and a chance to smite those who would deny you. All who speak your name in vain will fall before your feet, begging for mercy...and it all starts with the man who walked away from the gift you've handed me, Michael Thunder."

"Michael, where were you when everything went to hell? Did you fight the good fight, like you love to tell anyone who would listen? Or did you run off with your tail tucked between your legs? You shocked the world when you resurfaced in Siberia...but you didn't surprise me one bit. I suspected you would be lurking close by, always waiting for the sweet song of the siren to call you back to the business you left behind. Well, you've gone and answered it Michael...but that siren was actually my goddess, Eris herself, beckoning you to your doom."

We soon hear a shocking turn in the weather, as clouds begin to form overhead. We hear a low murmur of thunder off in the distance, uncharacteristic of this time of year in the area...but Legion is unfazed by this as he continues to speak.

"Did you really think you could just waltz back into the spotlight, and the world would cater to your every demand? Things have changed since you went into hiding, old friend...the world is a much darker place now, and it is my job to shed some light on the matter. When I reawakened the spirit of The Experts, I knew it would be a matter of time before those who held that power prior would come knocking at my doorstep, demanding to take back something that doesn't belong to them anymore. You lost the keys to the kingdom, and with that you lost any right to be angry that someone picked them up in your stead."

"When I challenged Danny Tenegra to a match at the Experts Invitational, it marked the beginning of a tour of vengeance against everyone who ever did wrong by me. He was just the first, and now it is your turn. A man who should have been my brother in the One Ring Circus was instead one of the ones to help oust me, like a runt being scorned by the litter. Unfortunately for you, that runt grew up and is now the big dog in the yard. The rest of you went off and did your own things, had your own success stories, and rode off into the sunset...and I bided my time, waiting patiently for the day when you'd return."

The thunder grows louder, signaling the approaching storm...much to the delight of Legion and his fellow disciples. The rain comes trickling down from the sky, and Legion enjoys the feel of it on his skin before continuing.

"Ah, the healing rain has come...it's a good omen, one I wish would fall upon you when you arrive here. Unfortunately, the favor of Eris does not fall upon you in this situation...that honor goes to me, her right and proper head disciple. My life was a mess before I ran into the loving embrace of my goddess, before I knew the healing power of chaos. You will not see the same love when Fuerza Pro opens its doors, because like the name of the show dictates, you will be forced to embrace the world in gray. Vengeance is mine, and I will enjoy every minute of your suffering. When I'm through, you will wish you'd stayed in hiding. The power of the Eternal Circle grows by the day, Michael Thunder, and even you won't be able to withstand the storm that is coming."

"You will fall at the feet of my goddess, begging her for mercy...but Eris will not grant your wish. You will succumb to the misery that awaits you here, and you will find that the world as you know it has fallen apart. Very few remember the legacy of Michael Thunder, and when the dust has settled, what remains of that legacy will be scattered in the wind. You will have no choice but accept the harsh reality that chaos reigns. All hail Eris, all hail Discordia."

With that, Legion and his fellow disciples look up to the sky with arms raised, a flash of lightning bringing about a downpour of rain as we fade to black.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.