Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

Fuerza Pro
In Association with The Experts
Presents

Embrace The World In Gray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1PCW0C1aiM

Nothing to Prove?

[Without any music, the lights dim and the former True Expert Champion Doug E. Fresh comes walking down to the ring. He seems intent on something as he marches with a purpose.]

Kyle Bacon: I'm surprised to see Doug E. Fresh here? What's this all about?

P. Licken: We haven't heard a peep from him since the match with Jack Benevolence. Personally, I was betting he'd just crawl back into his retirement hole.

[He gets in the ring, tells the referee to go away, and grabs the mic from the ring announcer.]

Doug E. Fresh: I've spent the last month thinking about what I was going to say...where I was going to say it and how. You know, I really tried very hard to stay away from all this. Retirement is retirement. I've made millions of dollars mocking other wrestlers for trying to hang on to the spotlight far past their prime. It's the one thing I did not want to become.

Then the Experts got the gang back together. Everything was too irresistible, the payday, the media, and the rivalries. It was a new reason to live.

But at the same time, it's like once you get in there's no escape! Social media has felt like torture since the event. Nowadays I'm more of a villain than the one I chose to portray, merely for not answering any questions. I've long had enough of it. This TRULY was meant to be one and done for me. I showed up in Siberia, gave my damndest in another fine match, and I lost to the better man.

So I'm going to give my one interview right here and right now. Because I know I'm not a part of their future plans. Doug E. Fresh is not marketable anymore. The mystique...the aura of invincibility...it is no more. They didn't want me...they just wanted what was mine. And now it belongs to Jack once again.

BENEVOLENCE!! I know you're here tonight. To you, I only want to say that the series is over. I congratulate you on being the better wrestler of us. I praise you and I envy you for never letting the competitive spirit die. And I literally...literally do not give any kind of shit what you plan to do with it next.

Ladies and gentlemen in the arena, those of you watching at home, and to all the fans across the world, thank you for allowing me to give you one more match. I never had anything left to prove and I still do not. And I have but nothing left to complete in this career of mine. Nothing.

[The word hangs there in the silence for a moment. Nothing. The crowd around the arena is quiet, lending to that silence, content in their belief that they're watching the final retirement speech of one of the best men to ever step between the ropes. Nothing left to complete. Hm.]

TAKE THIS SHIT BACK!

[The silence is broken. First by the four familiar words, and quickly after by the roar of the crowd who explode to their feet with cheers and applause for the man who will either fight for the True Expert Championship at the next Pro Wrestling RAIDEN show, or defend it. The man known to many as the Avatar of Brutality.]

Kyle Bacon: My god! As if things weren't interesting enough already, they're really starting to pick up now. We all know who those four words are suppose to herald!

P. Licken: REX EVANS!

[Doug turns toward the stage completely unaffected, save perhaps a bit of annoyance at the interruption. Sure enough, A Day to Remember's "2nd Sucks" begins playing throughout the arena, and after just a few seconds out walks Rex Evans, causing the crowd's positive reaction to only intensify.]

P. Licken: There he is! I didn't even know he was supposed to be here tonight.

Kyle Bacon: I don't think anyone did!

[Rex walks across the stage with a microphone in hand, staring out with a bit of a smirk at the crowd as he paces back and forth atop the ramp. But as his attention turns toward the ring, the smirk fades into a bit of that Brutal snarl fans will quickly recognize. He adjusts his shoulders as he paces, twirling the microphone around in his hand as the crowd's reaction dies down, Doug still staring up at him nonplussed. Soon, the music fades away along with the cheers, and the arena is returned to that faux silence. What is going to break it?]

[Rex finally stops pacing, centering himself in the middle of the stage just at the top of the ramp as he turns toward Doug. He twirls the microphone a couple more times before slowly lifting his hand up to his mouth, and simply uttering one word. A question.]

Rex Evans: Nothing?

[The crowd nearly erupts again, a loud cheer and some applause, but it's quickly cut off by Doug lifting his own microphone back up to respond...]

Rex Evans: No, no. You had your chance. Your time to talk is over.

[Doug stares up the ramp, mouth slightly open with the microphone still just inches away, and he smirks before dropping his hand and nodding. Now, Rex is walking down the ramp, toward the ring, and the fans can feel the tension and intensity between them growing with each slow, measured step.]

Rex Evans: I heard what you said, leading up to your match against Jack. You were talking about all the times things got cut short for you. About how your legacy is all about unfinished business. What about me, Doug? The first thing you mentioned was CWC closing right before you got to face your greatest challenger. Who was that supposed to be? Me. Then SCW closed right before you got to face one last Global Champion. Who was that? Me. Then you want to talk about Survive & Conquer 2014?

[Rex's arm drops as he almost laughs, scoffing and shaking his head, now just outside the ring and turning towards the steps.]

Rex Evans: You're upset about it never happening again, even though you got the trophy you wanted? Doug, that was the first time you entered Survive & Conquer. Do you even remember who was there with you, in the end? The year prior, I fought in the last real Survive & Conquer. I fought for over two hours until I could barely feel my fingers, and Terry Marvin still had to use almost everything he had left to make me tap out. 2014? Do you remember who was there? I was there, Doug. I knocked Jack Benevolence out with one swift punch to the face to get there. I escaped the cage a little bit faster than Gordon Fury to get there. And then there was three. Me. You. Specter.

[Rex pauses again as he's at the top of the stairs. He glares over them at Doug, standing in the middle of the ring, listening intently... and then he climbs inside.]

Rex Evans: I hit you in the face with my knee, but it wasn't enough. So I locked you in the Green Light, and you started passing out. I knew you weren't going to quit, you're not quitter. But, I figured your body would give out before your pride. One... Two... And before you could pass out, Specter crawled on top of me and stole my victory. And they never gave me another chance.

[The microphone is at Rex's side once more as his cheeks are tensing, his teeth gritting. He's only a couple of feet away from Doug now, free fist clenched. The crowd is at the quietest fever pitch to ever exist. You can feel it in the air.]

Rex Evans: So, you want to talk about unfinished business? Doug, you don't know anything about it.

[Once again, Doug begins to lift the microphone up to respond. Rex is even closer now, close enough to reach out and push it back down to Doug's side, shaking his head. Doug looks at the mat, nodding but also shaking his head at the same time, a strange combination. Rex steps even closer and Doug looks up, they're almost nose-to-nose now, except that Rex is a few inches taller.]

Rex Evans: Hold on, it's still not your turn. I just want to reiterate something to you before you get a chance to speak. I want to remind you one more time of something I just said.

[There is an intensity in Rex that even his truest fans aren't used to seeing, at least not when he's speaking. It's an intensity usually reserved for his fists. He takes a deep breath.]

Rex Evans: You're not a quitter, right Doug?

[Even though he asked him a direct question this time, Doug simply stares back into Rex's eyes without bothering to lift the microphone back up.]

Rex Evans: If that's still true. If you really feel slighted by all the unfinished business impacting your legacy. Then I'm pretty sure you've got a little more than nothing left to complete in your career. I'm pretty sure, at the very least, there's still one more match left on your docket.

[He leaves it at that, dropping the microphone not to his side, but all the way to the mat as he stands almost chest to chest with the former True Expert. He takes one step back, and extends his right hand. This time, once again, the Professor doesn't bother lifting the microphone. Without hesitating, he drops his just like Rex did, and extends his hand to meet his adversary's.

[There, in the middle of the ring, Rex Evans and Doug E. Fresh grasp each other in a handshake, eyes locked on one another, as they wordlessly agree, once again, to meet each other in the ring. The crowd absolutely loses it, on their feet with cheers and applause in anticipation of the blockbuster match to come on a later Fuerza Pro event.]

Match 1: Dragon Demonico vs James Raven

[A hot opener to get the crowd pumped for the debut Fuerza Pro event, featuring two men looking to make a statement! Dragon Demonico has been out of action for four years, but you wouldn't know that from the way he carried himself tonight. Any concerns of ring rust went out the window from the time the bell rang, as Dragon starts things off with a flurry of offense on the experienced veteran, whose defense is calculating as expected. Raven turns things around on the TFWF standout with some aerial maneuvers of his own, chipping away at Dragon's calm demeanor before he snaps, desperate to get an advantage. This would prove to be his downfall, as Raven blocks the Dragon Spike before hitting the Flight of the Raven outta nowhere for the win!]

Winner via pinfall (Flight of the Raven): James Raven

Kyle Bacon: After coming up just short against Mark Mania at the Invitational, James Raven makes a statement tonight with a big win over the former TFWF European Champion!

[After the match, Raven extends a hand to Demonico, and the two give a handshake of sportsmanship before Raven raises the arm of Dragon, much to the delight of the crowd as we cut to break.]

Disjointed

[We come back from break to see Maverick Jones getting ready for his match later tonight. Suddenly, we hear the door to the locker room open, and before Maverick can react he is attacked by Thomas Crowne of the Eternal Circle! The disciple of Eris rains down on the Golden Ticket winner with heavy fists and hard kicks to the body, followed by a punt kick to the head! Maverick holds his head in pain as Crowne stands over him with a smirk on his face.]

Crowne: The champ sends his regards, Mr. Jones. Should've turned that Golden Ticket over when you had the chance.

[Crowne chuckles as he walks away, leaving Maverick to try his best to recover from the attack as we cut back to ringside.]

Kyle Bacon: It looks like the inmates are truly running the asylum tonight! Maverick Jones has just been jumped by one of the Eternal Circle, and where is Black Death!?

P. Licken: I dunno Kyle, but something smells funny around here...and it sure as hell ain't me this time.

Kyle Bacon: While we try to sort out what's going on, we're taking it back to ringside as Leander Apollo takes on Mark Mania!

Match 2: Leander Apollo vs Mark Mania

[Two men with strong showings at the Experts Invitational square off, and while it does seem as though something is off with Apollo, it doesn't stop Mania from going on the offense from the jump. The technical prowess of both men shines through here, but Mania manages to take advantage of a rare slip-up from the Red Comet to land a jumping roundhouse kick to the head, followed quickly by the Mania Madness for the victory!]

Winner via pinfall (Mania Madness): Mark Mania

[The ref raises the hand of Mania, who never looks back at Apollo as he slowly comes to.]

Freeman of Choice

[Back from break, we find a familiar face standing in the ring...the former TFWF Light Heavyweight Champion, Kenny Freeman! He's got a smile on his face and a mic in his hand.]

Kenny Freeman: "Helloooo, Fuerza Pro! Your favorite graduate of the Academia Fuerza has returned to the place that brought him up, to issue an open challenge to anyone in the back that's willing to step up and face a former champ! Black Death, I know you're short of an opponent after what happened to Maverick Jones, so I really hope you'll come out here and show these folks just what you're made o--"

Match 3: Kenny Freeman's Open Challenge

[All the joy Kenny had in being booked is instantly wiped from his face when Vagn Dahl comes out to answer the challenge. The match itself is far from a five-star classic, as Dahl makes quick work of the perennial underdog...except that Dahl takes the damage just a little too far, introducing steel steps into the affairs. He slams them onto the back of Freeman, and the ref immediately calls for the bell!]

Winner via DQ: Kenny Freeman

[The attack on Freeman continues, and Thomas Crowne runs in to join in on the brutal fun, until Black Death runs in to make the save to a big pop from the crowd!]

Kyle Bacon: Here he is, P! The former True Expert is here to even the odds against the Eternal Cir--

[The holder of the Dragon's Blade enters the ring as Legion comes out next, directing his cronies from ringside. The disciples quickly turn their attention to Black Death, laying into the former champ with some heavy kicks and punches. Black Death fends them off, but the numbers game proves to be too much for the big man as Crowne hits a chop block while Dahl lays him out with a lariat!]

P. Licken: What a maneuver!

Kyle Bacon: The former champion is out cold after that!

[Legion slides into the ring, standing over the fallen Black Death with a wicked grin on his face when Michael Thunder makes his way out to the ring!]

Kyle Bacon: It looks like the Living Legend has had enough of what's going down!

P. Licken: Great, the old man hasn't lost a step since we last saw him. The frozen wasteland of Siberia managed to keep him from aging any worse.

[Thunder slides into the ring, and we have a stand off between the former Experts GM and the Eternal Circle...until Legion directs his disciples to leave the ring, and they comply with his orders. Medical staff tend to Freeman and BD, leading them to the back as Legion demands the ref start the match. After some reluctance, the ref calls for the bell to get things started!]

Match 4: Michael Thunder vs Legion

[With his disciples circling the ring, Legion looks to have a big advantage over the returning Michael Thunder as they square off. Thunder is impressive at the outset, easily out-wrestling Legion in front of his own hometown crowd and subordinates, who quickly look to get involved when MDK and Georgie Nickles come out to even the odds! With the rest of the Eternal Circle held at bay, Thunder is able to make short work of their leader before locking in the dreaded Thunderstruck, forcing Legion to tap out immediately!]

Winner via submission (Thunderstruck): Michael Thunder

[The ref raises the arm of Thunder, who looks back at Georgie and MDK with a sense of distrust as we cut to break.]

DTA

[Backstage, medics are still checking on Freeman and Black Death when Thunder, Georgie, and MDK arrive to check on them. The ORC go to check on their friend when Thunder raises a hand to stop them.]

Michael Thunder: Hold on a second. Why are you two buddies all of a sudden? Last I knew, you were at each other's throats.

MDK: We were, but there's a bigger enemy at the doorstep now. You saw what the Eternal Circle have been up to, right?

Georgie Nickles: It's only gonna get worse from here, unless we do something.

MDK: You willing to stand with the Circus once again?

[MDK extends a hand, but Thunder just stares at it before shaking his head.]

Michael Thunder: I...I don't know, just yet. There's too much for me to catch up on, and too much at stake.

[Thunder walks off, leaving his former stablemates behind as MDK turns to the Rabble Rouser.]

MDK: Looks like we're on our own, Georgie. I'll keep an eye on these guys, you go give Scorpio hell...for old time's sake.

[Georgie nods in response, walking off as we cut to break.]

Match 5: Scorpio vs Georgie Nickles

[Behind the backdrop of a raucous crowd, Scorpio and Georgie Nickles stare each other down yet again before the match starts. They've danced this same dance many times before and it shows. For every one of Scorpio's death defying attempts, Nickles has an answer. Anytime Nickles would try and up the ante with some bruising offense, Scorpio would counter with a trick up his sleeve. These two put on an absolute clinic in the ring. Big spot after big spot, the crowd is on its feet from the get-go. But in the end, the S-Factor was too much for the Real Rebel Child, who counters the Glitterazi to nail Scorpio down with the Shining Anarch for the win!]

Winner via pinfall (Shining Anarch): Georgie Nickles

[Georgie offers a handshake to Scorpio after the match, but he slaps the hand away before leaving the ring as the ref raises Georgie's arm in victory.]

Coronation

[Backstage, we find Jack Benevolence and Russell White inside Legion's office, where the Overseer of The Experts has entered holding an ice pack on his shoulder after the loss to Michael Thunder.]

Legion: Gentlemen, I'm glad you're here. I promised you something in Siberia, and I intend to make good on my promise.

Jack Benevolence: Excellent, I look forward to the moment you hand control of The Experts where it truly belongs.

[A look of concern, even worry grows on Legion's face.]

Legion: About that, Jack...there's been a complication.

Jack Benevolence: What do you mean, a complication? Why the hell did you drag me down here to this dump of a town, anyway?

[Legion raises a hand to silence the True Expert, making Jack all the more angry until Legion pulls out a briefcase from under his desk. Jack's anger subsides, giving way to curiosity...possibly even hope.]

Jack Benevolence: Is that...the Golden Ticket?

[Legion just shakes his head.]

Legion: No, it seems Maverick Jones was wise enough not to bring his unique opportunity with him to Long Beach...a fine city, by the way...but you might like this all the same.

[He opens up the briefcase, turning it around to reveal...a new True Expert championship!?]

Legion: As the new True Expert, and Once and Future King of all things Experts, I figured you deserved a new championship to carry the banner of this great brand into the future. I was going to give you a proper coronation tonight, but it seems the One Ring Circus have laid waste to those plans with their meddling.

[Benevolence takes the title out of the briefcase, examining it closely with a smile on his face.]

Jack Benevolence: Yes, this will do nicely.

[He turns his attention to Legion, the smile on his face growing even wider.]

Jack Benevolence: And never mind the Circus...I've got an insurance policy set in place.

[With that, Jack and Russell leave the office with the new championship as we cut to break.]

Main Event: Jack Benevolence vs MDK

[You can feel the intensity in the building as Jack Benevolence and MDK make their ways down to the ring. Both men showing emotion on their face as the crowd showers them in noise anxiously awaiting the ringing of the bell. Early on MDK shows his mixed martial arts background and really takes the fight to Jack.]

[The announcers start to wonder if Jack had his mind fully on MDK, but those remarks are quickly squashed as Jack begins to fight back with a fury. It starts with a backflip out of an attempted German suplex and finishes with Jack hitting a super kick and pinning MDK. MDK kicks out after a LONG 2 count. Jack is incensed with the referee. MDK tries to get the upper hand but Jack recovers quickly. The two begin to trade jabs and the crowd waits on baited breath for one of them to get the final blow.]

[Jack and MDK give everything they've got in the ring. If this is a preview of a match for the True Expert title, no one would be disappointed. In the end, Jack proves his superiority over MDK with the Jack's Hammer for the pinfall and the victory.]

Winner via pinfall (Jack's Hammer): Jack Benevolence

[The ref raises Jack's arm in victory, as the Eternal Circle make their way to ringside with a look of bad intentions. Crowne and Dahl enter the ring, looking to do to MDK what they did to Black Death when suddenly Georgie Nickles runs out to make the save, followed closely by Michael Thunder!]

Kyle Bacon: It looks like the Living Legend may have changed his mind and joined up with the Circus after all, P!

P. Licken: Either that, or he's suffering from memory loss...the poor old fool.

Kyle Bacon: P!

[They slide into the ring, looking to face off against the combined might of the Eternal Circle and the True Expert as MDK gets to his feet. Legion makes his way out to the ring next, but so does Mark Mania! The two squads of four stand across each other in the ring, waiting to see who makes the first move.]

Kyle Bacon: This is a very tense situation, but with Mark Mania looking to defend the honor of The Experts it looks like the ORC has a chance to put a stop to--oh, COME ON!

[Mania shows his true colors, charging at Georgie with a heavy right hand before sending her face first into the canvas with the Mania Madness! Legion and the Circle follow suit by beating up MDK, while Jack lays into Michael Thunder before hitting the Jack's Hammer on the Living Legend! The new alliance stands tall over their fallen foes, raising their arms to the chagrin of the crowd as the show comes to a close...or does it?]

Watching

[From just behind the curtain separating the backstage from the entranceway, we see him...the former True Expert...Doug E Fresh. He shakes his head at what he's seen transpire before turning his attention to his future opponent Rex Evans.]

Doug E. Fresh: You see this shit, Rex? This is exactly what I need to walk away from...but somebody has to stop this. Somebody has to stop...him.

[Doug points at Jack Benevolence, as Rex nods in agreement.]

Rex Evans: You're absolutely right, Doug. You and I have our business to settle, and I have mine with Jack...and I'll be watching his every step.

[With that, the two men walk off to a future uncertain as we fade to black.]

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.