Black Death's Comic Showcase : Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth

Started by Black Death, May 10, 2010, 10:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Well hello  EFK  here  something i wanted to do when i was mod of this board , but due to illness I was never able too.  well i am back and i going to do it now

It a comic showcase  of the best of the graphic novels ... comics that you may or may not of read .    now I am going post samples , now if you want the whole thing let me know I post it all.  I still don't know the format T want to go with... so I try this out first

We start with one of the great Batman graphic novels out there , it ranks up there with Year one , Killing Joke . 

here the wiki breakdown 

Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth (also known as Batman: Arkham Asylum) is a Batman graphic novel written by Grant Morrison and illustrated by Dave McKean. It was originally published in the United States in both hardcover and softcover editions by DC Comics in 1989. The subtitle is taken from line 55 of the poem "Church Going", by Philip Larkin.

here are the first 11 pages  I recomend  this  one

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Conor

Batman as psychological horror. I love this book, brimming over with concentrated nightmare fuel and absolutely stunning artwork. I read this prior to coming up with ideas for my next script and realised that I'll need to try harder if I want to match the overwhelming dread in Arkham Asylum.

Remarkably, there are elements here that tie into Morrison's recent run on Batman & Robin.

This is a cool idea for a series, BD. It's got me thinking - over on 4chan's /co/ section, users regularly upload comic pages for people to read ("story time.") I wonder if we could do the same here?

Black Death

Quote from: Token Irishman on May 11, 2010, 10:59:15 AM
Batman as psychological horror. I love this book, brimming over with concentrated nightmare fuel and absolutely stunning artwork. I read this prior to coming up with ideas for my next script and realised that I'll need to try harder if I want to match the overwhelming dread in Arkham Asylum.

Remarkably, there are elements here that tie into Morrison's recent run on Batman & Robin.

This is a cool idea for a series, BD. It's got me thinking - over on 4chan's /co/ section, users regularly upload comic pages for people to read ("story time.") I wonder if we could do the same here?

I have no problem with that ,  but I do not mod this anymore ,  but it would add some life to this board .  So I going  do a post called Storytime  and post what you want to post.
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"