News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

long live the D

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, May 09, 2013, 09:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Seeing Tenacious D tonight! Second time I'll have seen them live as well!  Will be epic. The first time was an hour set before the foo fighters in 2011- but tonight will be two hours of glorious sex in my ear pussy (D fans will get the reference)

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Dorling

Saw them for the second time last year for their new album tour.

If they're still carrying the inflatable Fenix/Cock with them you're in for an amusing evening! Excellent, excellent live show.

Have fun man!

Judge

I'd love to see them, but I'm afraid JB's sweat will splash on anyone on the floor.

Rob

I was hoping this was going to be some kind of "Tenacious D have broken up" post.

I'm disappointed.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

Quote from: Rob on May 10, 2013, 09:39:34 AM
I was hoping this was going to be some kind of "Tenacious D have broken up" post.

I'm disappointed.

Dislike. Disagree. You are wrong.

Rob

I guess I don't get it... Music to me means something inherently emotional, sincere and intelligent. I don't think Tenacious D are any of those things. And I don't find the music to be funny at all. I guess it's just me though, they seem to be very popular.
SixersEagles

[/center]

! JDM The Professional !

Think of them as singing comedians. If they're not your cup of tea, that's fine. Regardles, long live the D!!!

They were fucking epic tonight. Their opening band was legit Sasquatch singing random songs (really good I might add)

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Dorling

Quote from: Rob on May 10, 2013, 12:18:30 PM
I guess I don't get it... Music to me means something inherently emotional, sincere and intelligent. I don't think Tenacious D are any of those things. And I don't find the music to be funny at all. I guess it's just me though, they seem to be very popular.

I used to think like that and I was against so called comedy bands making fun if the 'serious business' of music, but I gradually started listening to more ska and punk and realised that music doesn't have be emotional or political or make some kind of obscure point. Music is nothing if it is not entertaining in some form, and now I listen to any kind of music that makes me happy. Most gigs I go to are ska or reggae or funk these days because the atmosphere is.....fun. I have friends that suggest the music I listen to is rubbish because its not how you describe it, but a lot of 'serious' bands bore my face off these days. I just want to grab people like Thom Yorke and shake him until he lightens up.

Isn't barenaked ladies one of your favourite bands? I wouldn't say they were massively intelligent, emotional or sincere -they're a lot of fun for the sake of having fun aren't they?

Rob

Yeah, there's a lot of fun in BNL, but there's also a lot of emotion and a lot of real points they like to make, ie., Call and Answer, Wrap Your Arms Around me, Break Your Heart. I've got more reason to listen to something like Be My Yoko Ono or something which whilst light-hearted, has more reflection on what I like to listen to, than Fuck Her Gently.
SixersEagles

[/center]

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Rob on May 10, 2013, 02:00:06 PM
Yeah, there's a lot of fun in BNL, but there's also a lot of emotion and a lot of real points they like to make, ie., Call and Answer, Wrap Your Arms Around me, Break Your Heart. I've got more reason to listen to something like Be My Yoko Ono or something which whilst light-hearted, has more reflection on what I like to listen to, than Fuck Her Gently.

Mate that's nothing short of solid education. Don't diss it!

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Dorling

Quote from: Rob on May 10, 2013, 02:00:06 PM

Fair enough. Wasn't trying to turn you into a Tenacious D fan. Just sharing my experience of changing my opinion on all music. I found that music doesn't just need to provoke intense or deep emotions. Just dancing around like a fool is enough for me.