News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

THE DARK KNIGHT REVIEW

Started by Exile, July 18, 2008, 09:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim-Æ

My review of the Dark Knight is up at In Gob We Trust, and it DOES contain slight SPOILERS.

Split Second

This was damn near perfect. Saw the first showing my cinema had in the UK. We got a free poster as it was a preview :D. Ledger is wonderful, Bale, my favourite actor, delivered. Harvey Dent was played spot on, Rachel was played much better with Maggie in the role. And Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman are just class. See this movie, it's my favourite movie that I've ever seen. Just...go see it.

Gary

Ahem...after a week of taunting by the entire forum on the shout box I have seen the movie and I must say it is the fucking shit! Awesome flick from the moment it starts to the very end, I like the nod to the first film when Batman first shows up and who he faces. Heath's performance was fantastic, it wasnt just the voice, or the laughter but the little things he did. Like how he spoke kinda slowly, and him chewing his tounge was creepy in on itself. Bale did an awesome Batman voice (there Tim thats my opinion on that), Oldman was once again terrific as Gordon, so where Caine and Freeman in their roles. As for Maggie and Eckhart..well Two Face looked exactly how he finally should have looked like..not a guy with a green face or a purple face face but a guy who lost all his skin and muscles that is two face! As for his acting it was pretty good and I like how he slowly went from good to demented at the end, as for maggie way better than katie holmes. Honestly A+ movie.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Gary

and btw..the movie has replaced the Godfather as the number 1 film on IMDB.com's top 250 movies of all time.

[/center]

chunkylover

IDMB is pretty useless for those listings.

I think that Bale plays a better Bruce Wayne than Batman, I'm glad that Batman didn't, ironically, feature much in the film.

Gary

Well like its always been said. Superman is Clark Kent's costume...while Bruce Wayne is Batman's costume.

[/center]

chunkylover

But if they made a film that feautured the buisiness adventures of Bruce Wayne, without a mention of the Alter-Ego.

Christian Bale would probably have been more to my liking.

I find that worrying

Dave Johnson

Perhaps the best movie of all time?

JaceGryphon

12 1/2 hours til I see this...

Dave Johnson

Bryan

I saw this yesterday and it was a fantastic movie. The action was there the whole 2 in a half hours, everything was well done...though I do agree with someone said on the shoutbox- Batman's voice is a little too gruff if you ask me..it should be toned down.

The Joker though was awesomely cool.

JessiB

it was AWESOME!

though i had a 13yo kid sit near me, that kept talking almost the whole movie lol

Sgt. Josh Underpants

I concur with everything said here.  I'm mot really one of those people who will see a movie in theaters more than once, but I actually went again last night with a couple friends from work and it was still just as fucking awesome
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

JaceGryphon

Dave Johnson

Amen!^

'Wanna know how I got these scars?'