News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Morgan Freeman in Serious Condition

Started by Rebel Child, August 04, 2008, 05:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebel Child

Morgan Freeman seriously injured in car crash By HOLBROOK MOHR, Associated Press Writer
21 minutes ago

Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman was hospitalized in serious condition Monday after the car he was driving left a rural road in the Mississippi Delta and flipped several times.

Freeman, 71, was airlifted to the Regional Medical Center in Memphis, Tenn., about 90 miles north of the accident in rural Tallahatchie County. Hospital spokeswoman Kathy Stringer said Freeman was in serious condition but declined to discuss his injuries.

Clay McFerrin, editor of Sun Sentinel in Charleston, said he arrived at the accident scene on Mississippi Highway 32 soon after it happened about 5 miles west of Charleston, not far from where Freeman owns a home with his wife. The accident occurred shortly before midnight Sunday.

"They had to use the jaws of life to extract him from the vehicle," McFerrin said. "He was lucid, conscious. He was talking, joking with some of the rescue workers at one point."

McFerrin said it appeared that Freeman's car was airborne when it left the highway and landed in a ditch.

Bill Luckett, Freeman's business partner in a blues club, told The Commercial Appeal in Memphis, Tenn., that the actor suffered a broken arm and had other injuries.

Freeman, who won an Oscar for his role in "Million Dollar Baby," is among the stars in "The Dark Knight," now in theaters. His screen credits also include "Driving Miss Daisy."

Bystanders converged on the accident scene trying to get a glimpse of the actor, McFerrin said.

When one person tried to snap a photo with a cell phone camera, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies," McFerrin said.

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesman Sgt. Ben Williams said Freeman was driving a 1997 Nissan Maxima that belonged to Demaris Meyer of Memphis when the car ran off the road and overturned several times.

"There's no indication that either alcohol or drugs were involved," Williams said. He said both Freeman and Meyer were wearing seat belts. The woman's condition was not immediately available.

Freeman was born in Memphis, Tenn., but spent much of his childhood in the Mississippi Delta. He is a co-owner of the Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale.

The hospital where Freeman is being treated is commonly known as The Med, and is an acute-care teaching facility that serves patients within 150 miles of Memphis.

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Judge

I hate the roads up there. They annoy me.

TaNK

Cory

Morgan Freeman is 71! Jesus, I though he was like, late 50's.

.....hope he gets better though.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on August 06, 2008, 01:29:11 PM
Morgan Freeman is 71! Jesus, I though he was like, late 50's.

.....hope he gets better though.

He was....15 years ago.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

The Murph

This guy is an insanely great actor. And to be honest if he couldn't act anymore could Sam Jackson really take over Morgans share of the roles. Let's face it when any movie needs a black actor who's older to be sort of a advisor they only hire those 2. Apparantly there is no one else available. Though I hope he's ok cause he is the type who could be put in a shit movie, horrible script, bad director and still be awesome in it. Hell he even managed to be great in a movie starring Kevin Costner (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves) and helped save it even after Costners bad acting.

Black Death

Deep Impact...Black president...did you not say...yeah I can see that ...lol 

Rebel Child

He's doing better, as reported on yahoo news, so I'm happy to see that one.

Honestly trying to put him in the same category as Samuel L is not cool.

Both great actors, definitely different methods.

Black Death

I think he means in terms of coolness , but sam is starting to reach that point were he morph into what morgan is now.    we both now they  way cool

The Murph

yeah if you look at sam's latest roles it's almost identical to what morgan has been doing. u can definitely see he will be right alongside morgan. and to be honest they are both 10 times better then denzel and i consider them the two greatest black actors ever. at least in my opinion.

Black Death

I love Denzel ...  I put him up there with morgan and Sam... but that me

Judge

Hell, he played God in at least two movies that I know of.  Can't go much higher than that.

Black Death

Quote from: The Judge on August 06, 2008, 11:38:05 PM
Hell, he played God in at least two movies that I know of.  Can't go much higher than that.

agree

Rebel Child

Thank god no one has said Wesley Snipes.

That's a man who's circled around the porcelin a few times.