News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Fav Animated Shows

Started by Dave Johnson, August 05, 2008, 08:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Johnson

Spongebob!

Thats all I can say.

The Simpsons was great, but not a fan of the newer episodes...at all.

Ally

TRANSFORMERS! Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy and American Dad

All classics.

On The Simpsons, the decline in quality for me has always been a two fold thing.

1. The fans they had in the 90's have grown up and the things we used to find funny, probably aren't as funny anymore. Maybe the humour hasn't changed and the quality dipped, maybe its us as the viewers who have changed and the newer younger generation do find it funny. Its like most things, children of the 80's and 90's KNOW that the new transformers isnt as good as the old, that turtles should ALWAYS be Hero's in a half shell, mutant and ninja and Ghosts should ALWAYS be busted.
2. Freshness, they've faced stiff comp from many different places, they paved the ways for shows such as Family Guy and South Park to be SO outrageous. The Simpsons couldn't really go off swearing and stuff now as it wouldnt be in keeping with the character of the show and after sooo many years, its neigh on impossible to come up with new ideas and take the characters new places like it is for newer shows like Family Guy.

The Simpsons is and always will be the Daddy of them all.

I never make predictions, and I never will.

TheNthDegree

Batman: TAS, X-Men TAS (1990s version), Freakazoid, Ghostbusters,

And I was also really, really into Digimon back in the day. I was young. :)

Black Death

Quote from: TheNthDegree on August 05, 2008, 12:57:56 PM
Batman: TAS, X-Men TAS (1990s version), Freakazoid, Ghostbusters,

all those shows were great I love to watch them.  There was also the TIck (Spoon) ,  Transformers,  Gi Joe,  He-Man,  Voltron ( were do you think power rangers came from   ;D  )    Ekk the Cat ( look like one of my buddies)  Tiny Toons , Duck tales , tail spin ,  Darkwing Duck ( love the saxphone opening and closing )  Animanaics ( Yakko, Wakkco, and Dot...Pinky and the Brain FTW )  Smufs ( yes  la la la la...la la la la)  TMNT, Captain N ( yes I did enjoy this show)  Super mario Bros Super show ( Capt. Lou as mario FTW)  I know there are more ...  oh  DBZ  ( one of the best Action cartoons ever made ) 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

TheNthDegree

I dunno how I could forget Pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs. Such great shows that we will never be able to see the likes of again. They were so brilliant and threw so many jabs at censorship...those were the days

Excaligore

The Simpsons(1991-1998) was quite simply the greatest show of all time let alone the greatest animated show ever. The amount of scope that show had for the time it came out was astounding.

I think in the 90s it's the only real show that jokes about 'everything' with good pacing and incredible originality. I think in today's landscape it's hard to imagine how groundbreaking that show really was.

Black Death

South park ..said it best , the simpsons had done all ...lol

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"