News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Tim Tebow

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, August 23, 2011, 07:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

So the guy has gone from challenger for the top spot in Denver to 3rd choice QB and potential trade rumours...ohhhhh how the mighty seemingly have fallen. Discuss!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

Im a HUGE Tebow fan, hes the greatest college football player of all time, hes probably one of the top athletes for his charities and really wanting to help people, and he has no ego. He knows that he needs to work, but I think with his work ethic, his natural leadership, hes a winner, and lets be honest, in his 3 starts, 5 TDS, 2 Rushing TDs (both over 25 yards) and only 3 picks.......those are hardly numbers to outright bench the guy or call him a bust.

But the crazy thing is, there's nothing coming out of training camp about his poor performance, its all been internet bloggers and when Brady Quinn was named #2, there was a big thing on the NFL network about this "shocking development" (or well as much as there can be about the Denver QB situation), which means it took most analysts by surprise.

I think John Fox has too much to lose if Tebow doesn't pan out, so hes going with the safe side in Kyle Orton, who only looked good for 6 games last year then shit the bed. Tebow has the most upside, and John Fox doesn't know shit about QB's. Jake Delhomme the last 3 years in Carolina was consistently one of the worst QB's in the league and Fox was the worst coach on the worst team last year. Broncos fucked up firing Josh McDaniels.

Should Tebow be a starter this year? If he proves it yes, but he wont get a chance getting TWO snaps in a pre-season game. Tebow should leave and go to Miami or Buffalo (I hope Buffalo so when the move to Toronto I'll have my favourite player)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Maz

I saw this thread and I just had to reply, since this was from August, the progress on Little Timmy is just great. I'm not the biggest fan of his but to see him come out on top from all of the controversy that is on him to be the starter, and win four out of five games to give his team a boost and a chance to be atop the AFC West ranking being that they are now one game behind the RAAAIIIDDEERRSS!

Most of the convo is a split between his throwing mechanics and his faith. Let the man do his thing, what's wrong with praying before, during and after a game? That's what he do, let him do it.

His mechanics do need major work but that will come. Right now he's a huge surprise to Denver. Ever since I saw that Thursday Night game against the Jets and the way he just 'dissasembled' the Jets D' on a 95 yard drive, him getting 92 of it was special. It's like when the 4th Quarter strike, Tebow goes into "Cool" mode and just somehow find a way to win! I've watched him when the games aired on CBS when he was still with Florida. He did extremely well.

Spread offense isn't the way in NFL but Tebow's making a strong case for it. John Fox has to now learn it. I liked Fox ever since his work with the Panthers started. He shouldn't have dissed the QB like that but in his view, he's never been apart of that 'Spread', but with each passing week, Tebow is making John Fox sleep much better at night. Elway has even been impressed, even though he continues to say "He's yet to impress me", deep down, he knows Tebow has given the team a chance to compete. The RB's are doing there thing as the Defense is sacking, getting turnovers.

Orton was a good QB, but I guess he didn't have the effect that 'Tebow' has to ignite millions, lol.

I miss Champ Bailey truly ... to know we traded him for Portis, it may have been alright back then for some, but Champ has lasted longer. Portis did alot for us, but those wheels got old and with all the muscle he gained, his elite quickness and speed quickly drowned. To watch Champ still lock down the top receivers, it hurts b/c he was a Redskin, but I knew he couldn't stand Snyder and just needed a fresh place to go.

But all in all, Tebow has impressed me. The simple things, as ESPN did a column on the Bronco's offense, clarifying it as 'High School Offense' and the fact that it has killed four team's defenses in a row. Never did I think he would beat the 'Rex Ryan' defense, but he shocked everyone.

That's my 'pocket of change'.

Scott Rage

I can appreciate the man's leadership, as he's got the whole team believing he can win for and with them. But it's not Tebow winning these games. It's the Broncos defense. If the defense hadn't put every team the past 4-5 weeks into a lockdown, the fact that Tebow completes 2 passes up until the 4th quarter every week would not work, and everything 'great' being said about him would be the exact opposite.

Broncos defense is saving this team, Tebow's merely the media face for each victory as he's the last one with the ball to make that final 'BIG' TD play or FG set-up that took him 55 minutes to do.

STILL HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE JETS COULDNT FIND A WAY TO SHUT DOWN TEBOW IN THAT LAST DRIVE OF THAT GAME. Unbelievable how you let him keep running, KNOWING he's gonna run it, and he still loops to the outside without a single guy in spy coverage. Just crazy how it's all working out for Denver.

Defense.

Cory

Its a bit of both.

Sure, if the Broncos defence (who are playing like a top 3 defence right now) wasn't so dominate that it would eb the exact opposite for Tebow, but then again if Tebow wasn't pulling through with these game winning drives/touchdowns, no one else on the offense is stepping up. Their o-line is average at best, their run game is seemingly non-existent at time (from the backs) and aside from Eric Decker who a fucking stud right now, their WR's are dropping so easy passes (all things with Tebows throwing considered). DeMarius Thomas is god awful, and they let Brandon Lloyd go so thats not going to help any QB, let alone Tebow.

I think Tims leadership and skill set right now for the offense that Denver is running is perfect. He had 8-1 in the TD/INT department so when they do decide to throw he doesnt turn the ball over, 500 rushing yards and 3 touchdowns, and basically winning the Jets/Dolphins games hes doing just fine. Anyone that criticizes him either hates him from college or is a complete idiot in regards to American Football. Seems to me a lot of the media hates him because unlike a Antiono Cromarite/Chad Johnson or a (hate to say it) pre- Eagles Mike Vick and during the offseason gets arrested/has 6 kids/twitter out-bursts, he'll build a hospital in the Philippines or go to Prisons and preach to inmates, his personality is subject to all the hate. Listen, Im a huge Tebow fan, and I think he should tune down his religion in the media thing a bit and stop shoving it in people faces, but if hating a guy based on the fact that hes trying to make the world a better places and improve peoples lives, I think its uncalled for.

It doesnt matter if you throw 4000 yards and 40 TDs and go 6-10, I'd MUCH rather have the leader of my offense have Tim Tebow projected stats (he'll probably finish with like 14 tds 4 picks) but that wins games and makes the playoffs. Its all about winning, and Tebow does that on and off the field.

Justin

I like Tebow the person, he is a genuine person which is good to see in sports these days.  But the player is a different story.  While the team is 4-1 with him at QB lets not get it twisted.  The defense has played out of their mind lately and look who their wins are against....Raiders (Pre-Carson), Bills (fallen off), Chiefs (mediocre at best), Jets (they have their own problems at QB)....none of those teams have great offenses nor great defenses.  The team they lost to was the Lions who demolished them because they have a dynamic offense.  While he has done a good job leading his team to victory just keep in mind the opponents.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I also think its a psychological things with close games which the Broncos D keep them in, teams panic in the 4th knowing its 'Tebow Time'. Psychology plays such an important part in sports. Think in the EPL how many promoted teams win their first game or when a new manager joins a team wins as well.

NFL, NBA etc. no different and thats the impact Tebow is having scaring other teams in those final moments. Well played young fella.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

J-Reb

There is something to be said for leadership. It's hard to get amped up to play with a guy like Kyle Orton, who's mediocre on his best day. Tebow just brings something different to the huddle--and it's infectious to the rest of the team, IMO.

Cory

Quote from: JustinP on December 01, 2011, 06:11:02 PM
The defense has played out of their mind lately and look who their wins are against....Raiders (Pre-Carson), Bills (fallen off), Chiefs (mediocre at best), Jets (they have their own problems at QB)

For the record, Carson Palmer started the Raiders/Broncos game....Raiders offense was playing very well, exciting game.

Justin

I stand corrected, Palmer was playing that game.

Strike

Quote from: JustinP on December 01, 2011, 06:11:02 PM
I like Tebow the person, he is a genuine person which is good to see in sports these days.  But the player is a different story.  While the team is 4-1 with him at QB lets not get it twisted.  The defense has played out of their mind lately and look who their wins are against....Raiders (Pre-Carson), Bills (fallen off), Chiefs (mediocre at best), Jets (they have their own problems at QB)....none of those teams have great offenses nor great defenses.  The team they lost to was the Lions who demolished them because they have a dynamic offense.  While he has done a good job leading his team to victory just keep in mind the opponents.

Although it was actually the Dolphins instead of the Bills that they defeated, I see your point.

Living in Denver, it's crazy to see what has been going on - sure, Tebow's mechanics are still in heavy need of work and a part of me finds the fact that the media always seems to play the "religion" angle far too much on his part, but the guy has managed to do something that Kyle Orton would not be able to do for the life of him currently: win football games when they're on the line.

Granted, since the bye week, the Denver D deserves HUGE kudos (especially Von Miller...if he isn't Defensive Rookie of the Year, I'm calling shenanigans) for stepping up and keeping the team in the game itself but Tebow definitely deserves some praise. A 5-1 record as a starter and bringing a once 1-4 team to a 6-5 record is definitely impressive.

But we'll see how the rest of the season pans out.

Cory

Well he threw it today....

200 yards 2 TDS 0 INTS

...oh yeah the most important stat....5-1

Hondo

The excuses keep getting debunked for the guy.

The latest credit goes to Von Miller's monster season? So Von Miller doesn't play and he does it again! I'm digging this guy more and more every day.

It's also fun to listen to guys like Colin Cowherd and Merril Hoge keep trying to make excuses, even after they keep getting served.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

Merril Hoge is the biggest idiot in football.

He said last week he'd cut Stevie Johnson from the Bills because of his touchdown celebration last weekend v/s the Jets, and all of the other panelists just ripped on him.

T-Bonizzle