News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Tim Tebow

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, August 23, 2011, 07:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on December 13, 2011, 05:52:40 PM
What about that horrible Pats pass defense that's giving up over 300 yards a game? They're not that great. Offensively the Pats are elite. Defensively they're near the bottom especially on pass defense.

And from a passing attack point of view Tebow only started to move the ball in the later stages of the 4th quarter. The stat line was something ridiculous like he was 3-14 or something for the first three quarters and then actually did something in the 4th. Unless the Broncos gear their offense to do something early in the game in the air the Pats will have run away with it by then.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Strike

Quote from: Trumpers on December 13, 2011, 06:13:40 PM
And from a passing attack point of view Tebow only started to move the ball in the later stages of the 4th quarter. The stat line was something ridiculous like he was 3-14 or something for the first three quarters and then actually did something in the 4th. Unless the Broncos gear their offense to do something early in the game in the air the Pats will have run away with it by then.

Given the factors, I honestly think we might be in for a shootout bout similar to how Denver/Minnesota was two weeks ago...but yeah, Denver's play calling on offense is definitely going to have to be a bit more aggressive against the Pats IMO. Because the Patriots offense, well...they find a way of putting up points on the board.

T-Bonizzle

I really think the Bronco's 4th success has to do with the first three quarters. The Broncos absolutely grind out the defense and by the 4th quarter they are gassed. It's not Tebow by himself that winning, it's the running game. They grind the run, and then they throw in a long pass play once in awhile. It's a very patient offense, but IMO it probably wouldn't be possible without the defense.

Broncos/Pats is going to be a shoot out.

Cory

I'm going to say is Dawkins is out, it'll be a shoot out, their secondary lacks leadership/experience without him, and will give up big plays, but I cant see this game going over a 17-14 score line or something like that. Can the freak athlete Von Miller contain Gronkowski? Champ can cover Welker, but Gronkowski is the best RECEIVER in the league right now, and is as hot as Moss was when he caught 21 a few years ago.

I'll vote against it being a shoot out, but I do think Tebow suffers a set back here.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Talon

I think Tebow's reputation as a winner takes a hit, but not him and his development.  He doesn't get rattled off the field, so I think even if he gets destroyed, he comes out of it with a "lessons learned" type of attitude and builds on it.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Talon on December 15, 2011, 01:33:33 AM
I think Tebow's reputation as a winner takes a hit, but not him and his development.  He doesn't get rattled off the field, so I think even if he gets destroyed, he comes out of it with a "lessons learned" type of attitude and builds on it.

I don't see how his reputation as a winner can take a hit to be honest. Surely everyone is not expecting him to win every single game and this is the Patriots a very, very good football team. Plus he has already beaten some very good teams this year as well. Guy is a winner first and foremost, he is not a typical NFL quarterback and I throw a football better than him lol, but at the end of the day he is delivering wins and he has people tuneing into Broncos games so for me thats a massive plus for the Denver organization all around.

That and he looks very difficult to bring down...pretty exciting when he is on the run, more so than Vick I feel...maybe not as much as the pioneer Randall Cunningham :)

Cory

I agree with Ian, when Tebow runs, theres a je ne sais quoi that makes him more exciting than Vick. Vick dances around and makes defenders look foolish, but when Tim runs hes a power back....hes as big as most LB's in the game, and anytime hes up against a corner he'll run them over.

I dont know, maybe its when Tebow runs I dont fear that he'll get hurt and ruin our season....like this season VICK!

Jon

I disagree...

I think Vick is far more exciting when he is on the run then Tebow.

Tebow gets exciting when he throws the football.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

But today I was talking with my buddies, looking at the current QB's in the league, Tebow is middle of the pack in my books. Starting from top to bottom, QB's Tebow is better than:

Matt Moore -- Dolphins
Mark Sanchez --- Jets
Joe Flacco --- Ravens (depends what Flacco shows up I suppose)
Colt McCoy -- Browns
C.J. Yates --- Texans
Blaine Gabbert --- Jags
Dan Orlovsky --- Colts
Tyler Palko --- Chiefs
Rex Grossman --- Redskins
Caleb Haine --- Bears
Cam Newton --- Panthers (about the same IMO)
Josh Freeman --- Bucs (THIS season)
Alex Smith --- 49ers (Similar to Tebow,  niners limit his passes so he doesnt make mistakes, but Tebow can move the ball without a Vernon Davis/Crabtree, Smith cant do it.)
Tavaris Jackson --- Seahawks
John Skelton --- Cards
Sam Bradford --- Rams (based on this season only, Bradfords been horrendous, but I feel bad cause everyone by Lloyd went down at WR)

So all debates aside, Tebow is far from the worst qb in the league like many disbelievers think.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on December 16, 2011, 02:06:09 PM
But today I was talking with my buddies, looking at the current QB's in the league, Tebow is middle of the pack in my books. Starting from top to bottom, QB's Tebow is better than:

Matt Moore -- Dolphins
Mark Sanchez --- Jets
Joe Flacco --- Ravens (depends what Flacco shows up I suppose)
Colt McCoy -- Browns
C.J. Yates --- Texans
Blaine Gabbert --- Jags
Dan Orlovsky --- Colts
Tyler Palko --- Chiefs
Rex Grossman --- Redskins
Caleb Haine --- Bears
Cam Newton --- Panthers (about the same IMO)
Josh Freeman --- Bucs (THIS season)
Alex Smith --- 49ers (Similar to Tebow,  niners limit his passes so he doesnt make mistakes, but Tebow can move the ball without a Vernon Davis/Crabtree, Smith cant do it.)
Tavaris Jackson --- Seahawks
John Skelton --- Cards
Sam Bradford --- Rams (based on this season only, Bradfords been horrendous, but I feel bad cause everyone by Lloyd went down at WR)

So all debates aside, Tebow is far from the worst qb in the league like many disbelievers think.

In terms of what? Because a ton of these quaterbacks are WAAAAYYYY better than Tim Tebow. If it's just on wins the guy hasn't even had a full season yet...and if it is on that I'd have Skelton over him given the fact Tebow has a much better defense around him and more playmakers on offense.

Cam Newton is three times the QB that Tebow is...and I'd take Bradford, Flacco, Sanchez and Josh Freeman over Tebow any day of the week as well...twice on Sundays.

I really struggle to see how Tebow is better than half this list as for the rest, most of them are either rookies or guys who are backups thrust into the limelight.

When you debated this with your mates did anyone say "Ummm what you been smoking Cory?" lol

Cory

This is the list we all had come up with, QB's I kinda put a bracket by I could see room for debate, but yeah. I think as a whole, Tebows ability to actually win close games v/s Cam's playing ability balances them out. Newton turns the ball over far too much for me to say I'd take him over Tebow. Both are excellent runners, both need to work on their mechanics, but the fact that Newton has lost every close game this year, and Tebow has excelled is why.

Flacco/Bradford/Freeman Im basing off this season. If i'm taking it off a career, Bradford/Freeman last season hands down are way better than Tebow, but this year they've been complete shit. Freeman turns the ball over WAY to much for the weapons he has (Benn/Williams/Winslow) and Bradford has Steven Jackson to carry his load and Brandon Lloyd and still can't be as productive as Tim Tebow with ....Eric Decker and 3 different running backs. Flacco is awful. He'll have one 3 TD, 300 yards game, and then vanish. Do you need to look at his last playoff run? He could barley throw for over 100 yards in a game. As I mentioned, when Flacco is on top of his game, better than Tebow. What he is averaged out a whole season, he's equal to Tebow at best.

Sanchez is probably the worst  full time starting QB in the league. His mechanics still need work, but that will happen from a young player coming out of college too early, but he has THE worst decision making in the NFL. He is the sole reason why their not a playoff team this year, and has cost them more games than Romo has cost the 'Boys over the last two seasons.

I'd take Tebow over all of these QB's, with the exception of maybe Sam Bradford/Cam Newton.

Cory

Just to elaborate statistically, when it comes to winning games this season, Tebow is better than everyone on the list, just statistically speaking (both passing and rushing):

Tim Tebow --- 13 Touchdowns, 5 Turnovers (Weapons: Eric Decker, DeMarius Thomas, Willis McGahee)
Cam Newton --- 28 Touchdowns, 18 Turnovers (Weapons: Steve Smith, Greg Olsen, DeAngelo Williams)
Mark Sanchez --- 26 Touchdowns, 15 Turnovers (Weapons: Santionio Holmes, Plaxico Burres, Shonn Greene)
Joe Flacco --- 15 Touchdowns, 14 Turnovers (Weapons: Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Ray Rice)
Colt McCoy --- 14 Touchdowns, 13 Turnovers (Weapons: Josh Cribbs, Ben Watson, Peyton Hillis)
Josh Freeman -- 15 Touchdowns, 19 Turnovers (Weapons:Mike Williams, Kellen Winslow, LeGarette Blount)
Sam Bradford --- 6 Touchdowns, 13 Turnovers (Weapons: Brandon Lloyd,Brandon Gibson, Steven Jackson)

So Tebow statistically this year, only Sanchez and Newton have significantly more touchdowns, but both have at least triple the turnovers, and far superior offensive weapons that what Tebow has. Newton has probably the best running back tandem in the NFL to hand the ball off too and keep the defense guessing and Sanchez has a top 3 o-line, yet all of those turnovers?

Cory

QB mechanics mean nothing if you turn the ball over and cost your team the game.

Jon

Tebow has the worst passing completion percentage then all of them. You seem to have missed that stat.

Tebow... who rarely throws... also has fumbled more times then Cam Newton on less carries. Tebow also only averages 6.5 yards per attempt, one of the lowest in the NFL... which means a lot of his passes are on short routes... which doesn't explain his worst completion percentage.

I would take Tebow over some of those quarterbacks you listed... but not because he is a better quarterback... but because he has this will to win and he makes other players around him better players. Cam Newton on the same level as Tim Tebow... that is laughable.

There is no question Tim Tebow is a good football player. He just isn't a good quarterback.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Quote from: DnK on December 17, 2011, 12:51:53 PM
Tebow has the worst passing completion percentage then all of them. You seem to have missed that stat.

Tebow... who rarely throws... also has fumbled more times then Cam Newton on less carries. Tebow also only averages 6.5 yards per attempt, one of the lowest in the NFL... which means a lot of his passes are on short routes... which doesn't explain his worst completion percentage.

Yet again to counter...

Turnovers > Low completion percentage. I'd much rather my QB go 8 for 18 with 2 TDS 0 Picks than 24-48 with 2 TDS and 4 Picks

Wins > Low completion percentage

Steve Smith, Greg Olsen, Williams/Stewart > Eric Decker, Lance Ball/Willis McGahee and uhh..

Then average yards per carry? LMFAO....So your trying to compare Newton who also has Williams/Stewart in the backfield which means a few things. A) Newton is a better passer then Tebow, so defenses play MUCH more coverage then v/s Tebow so a lot of Cam's runs aren't vs Blitz, whereas in the Option there's a very high number of blitz plays called. B) Play action for Carolina is MUCH more effective, making it easier for Newton to run on bootlegs. Teams focus on Williams/Stewart and dont QB contain & when they give Newton a chance to run he takes it. Tebow runs the option which means there's almost always a linebacker or two purely assigned to QB contain, making it more difficult to run as opposed to having a effective play action.

Saying Cam Newton is on a different level than Tebow is laughable.

Cam Pros: Better mechanics, more explosive, more athletic, much better offensive players around him
Cons: TURNOVERS, Not clutch (will improve with experience), predictable (teams know how to stop him)

Tim Pros: Doesn't turn the ball over, tougher runner, clutch, unpredictable (no d-coach has figured out how to stop him yet)
Cons: Mechanics (will improve with experience)

I havent once said that Tebow is a better QB than the others based on stats alone, but for you guys saying "ill take _____ over Tebow any day of the week", if Tebow had the weapons that Cam Newton, Joe Flacco or Mark Sanchez have, well.....