Who do you hope YOUR team drafts?

Started by Cory, February 22, 2012, 12:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Combine is just a few days away, so who do you hope your team drafts?

As an Eagles fan Id think anything less than a Linebacker with our first pick is utter failure. Luke Keuchly out out Boston College would be my first option, Vontaze Burfict would be my second, but his continuing attitude problems could make him fall to the second.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Talon

Panthers fan...

Either Michael Brockers to help solidify the already young DT position, which with him, Fua, and McClain we shouldnt need to draft another DT for a couple years lol.

or I'd like  Corner like Dre Kirkpatrick, the Defense is where the biggest needs are, with WR really not being "too" weak with young guys still developing.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Scott Rage

As a Jaguars fan, we lack soo much. All of a sudden last year, through drafts and free agency, we build ourselves the first great defense we've had since Stroud/Henderson stuffing runs. Despite the fact that by week 14 everyone was on the I.R., that's not the point. We haven't had an offensive based draft in a few years, and the last time we did? NOT A SINGLE GUY IS LEFT ON THE TEAM. Matt Jones, Reggie Williams, Ernest Wilford...these guys ringing bells? Doubt it unless you're a diehard Jags boy like myself.

Please, please. I wanted Crabtree soo badly a couple years back. DRAFT JUSTIN BLACKMON.

Either that, or see what we may not have in Blaine Gabbert and draft in RG3 to find, out of the two, a solid long-term franchise quarterback that we haven't had since the 90's with Brunell.

Justin

Redskins should trade up and get the second pick and take RGIII.

Hondo

Bengals

Our most pressing need is the secondary. They foolishly let Jonathan Joseph go in the offseason, effectively splitting arguably the best cornerback tandem in the league with Leon Hall. Hall ended up rupturing his achilles mid season, leaving our best two corners as an over the hill Nate Clements and first round bust Kelly Jennings (who Im sure Jackie Boy remembers well). They NEED a corner. Dre Kirkpatrick should be available for one of the two picks, so take him. They could also use a safety to replace Chris Crocker, who never was that great to begin with.

They also need a guard to replace Nate Livings, who may well be the worst guard in the history of football (Cordy Glenn?). They need a running back to replace Ced Benson (who's a decent runner, but can't catch out the backfield, which makes him a liability in Jay Gruden's offense), If Trent Richardson drops that would be great, but it would more than likely be Lamar Miller from The U. Word on the street this last week is that they're tired of Ray Malulaga's constant off-field troubles and may cut him, so they may look at ILB.

There's also the chance they go after a receiver to compliment the emerging duo of Andy Dalton and AJ Green. They need a #2 receiver in the worst way. Jerome Simpson was their #2 last year, and while he may be one of the best pure athletes in the NFL (as that somersault TD against Arizona can attest), but he struggles to catch the ball, plus he got busted with six pounds of pot, so he's gone. (My guess is that they'll address that need in Free Agency with a guy like Pierre Garcon or Robert Meachem).

I've also heard they may go after a D-Lineman if the value is right and one of their main targets (Richardson, Glenn, Miller, Kirkpatrick) is gone. But I doubt it, there are too many needs in other areas.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

^^

I think Bengals have potential to get two huge instant playmakers this draft to compliment Dalton and Green. I think they should re-sign Benson as hes a very solid starter in the league and if he comes at the right price I'd resign him, and get Kirkpatrick and David DeCastro if he fell.

Justin

Quote from: JackHondo on February 22, 2012, 10:43:54 PM
Bengals

Our most pressing need is the secondary. They foolishly let Jonathan Joseph go in the offseason, effectively splitting arguably the best cornerback tandem in the league with Leon Hall. Hall ended up rupturing his achilles mid season, leaving our best two corners as an over the hill Nate Clements and first round bust Kelly Jennings (who Im sure Jackie Boy remembers well). They NEED a corner. Dre Kirkpatrick should be available for one of the two picks, so take him. They could also use a safety to replace Chris Crocker, who never was that great to begin with.

They also need a guard to replace Nate Livings, who may well be the worst guard in the history of football (Cordy Glenn?). They need a running back to replace Ced Benson (who's a decent runner, but can't catch out the backfield, which makes him a liability in Jay Gruden's offense), If Trent Richardson drops that would be great, but it would more than likely be Lamar Miller from The U. Word on the street this last week is that they're tired of Ray Malulaga's constant off-field troubles and may cut him, so they may look at ILB.

There's also the chance they go after a receiver to compliment the emerging duo of Andy Dalton and AJ Green. They need a #2 receiver in the worst way. Jerome Simpson was their #2 last year, and while he may be one of the best pure athletes in the NFL (as that somersault TD against Arizona can attest), but he struggles to catch the ball, plus he got busted with six pounds of pot, so he's gone. (My guess is that they'll address that need in Free Agency with a guy like Pierre Garcon or Robert Meachem).

I've also heard they may go after a D-Lineman if the value is right and one of their main targets (Richardson, Glenn, Miller, Kirkpatrick) is gone. But I doubt it, there are too many needs in other areas.

I went to college with Jerome Simpson.  He dealt drugs in college and things still haven't changed.

Doug E Fresh

I'm a Browns fan (sad I know). So all I keep hearing about is taking RGIII. And yes we need an upgrade at the QB but we need upgrades a lot of places. I personally want Justin Blackmon. My thing is that we're not going anywhere next year so give Colt one more shot and get him a set of reliable hands to do it with. And do something to the right side of our offensive line because its a pile of shit.

Cory

Browns MUST get RG3 and then you can probably get Michael Floyd or Kendall Wright if they slip to the second.....Wright will probably have a good combine and go high in the first, but Floyd is the 3rd best WR and a huge target (6'4") and will probably be around the Browns 2nd pick.

Justin

People are sleeping on Alshon Jeffrey.  I'm from Columbia, South Carolina and a diehard Gamecock fan.  I've watched every game for the last however many years and the three years that Jeffrey has played I've seen him drop two passes.  The man's hands are like glue.  He gets knocked about his conditioning and his weight.  Well he will surprise people tomorrow at the combine.  Most people have him weiging between 230-240 pounds, but he will weigh in tomorrow at around 215-217.  He is an absolute beast at a legitimate 6'4" and can go up and catch any ball, much like Calvin Johnson. 

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I'd be shocked if Floyd slips to the second round. I can see the Bears taking him with the 19th pick. I also think the Skins will trade up and pip the Browns to RG3.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Talon

Quote from: JustinP on February 23, 2012, 12:17:07 PM
People are sleeping on Alshon Jeffrey.  I'm from Columbia, South Carolina and a diehard Gamecock fan.  I've watched every game for the last however many years and the three years that Jeffrey has played I've seen him drop two passes.  The man's hands are like glue.  He gets knocked about his conditioning and his weight.  Well he will surprise people tomorrow at the combine.  Most people have him weiging between 230-240 pounds, but he will weigh in tomorrow at around 215-217.  He is an absolute beast at a legitimate 6'4" and can go up and catch any ball, much like Calvin Johnson.

Im a Alshon fan as well.  The dude can make one handed catches line nobody's business up and across the middle, in traffic.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Justin

He's training hard in Tampa and is going to impress people at the combine with the amount of weight he's lost.  He's not going to do nothing at the combine but interview.  He will do his workout at the Carolina pro day.  After that I think he will be either the first or second receiver taken.

Hondo

I've seen Jeffrey play, and he's good. Good isn't even the word, really. He's awesome. But the biggest knock on him is that he isn't explosive enough off the line. Is he going to be able to separate from NFL corners?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Hondo

I keep hearing he's probably going to show up and run in the 4.8 range. If that happens, he'll sink like a stone.