Who do you hope YOUR team drafts?

Started by Cory, February 22, 2012, 12:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

If he doesn't run in the 4.5's he'll be second round at best.

There is no way he over takes Blackmond (IMO) because he's a top 5 pick, but I could see him (pending a solid 40 time) being a late first rounder, but I think he'll be the 3-5th receiver taken.  From an NFL point of view, I think teams see him as either a future all pro, or a major bust candidate.  I think he can do well, but even at 6'4, if you can't beat the corner, you won't be a #1 receiver.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Justin

Everybody thinks he's going to run a 4.8 becaue they think he is 240 pounds plus.  He will weigh in tomorrow at 215-217 and you will hear Mel Kiper and Todd McShay talk about how suprised they are at the weight loss and how he will move up their draft boards because of it.  When the pro day comes he will run a 4.55 and have a vertical jump of 32-35 inches and will be a first round lock. 

Black Death

My team needs a lineman  Outside lineman and  defensive corner

so I will be  happy if  the Cowboys address there needs 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

I love Jeffery, but I too have heard he'll run over a 4.5 and if Speed is an issue he'll get passed for Blackmon, Wright, and Floyd.

I personally think hes the genetic freak that can be a Calvin Johnson type, but speed and hands together is what teams go for. I think Blackmon is the only better receiver than Jeffery in the draft simply because hes more poilshed, but I think hes a better talent then Wright and Floyd.

I REALLY hope Washington doesnt get RG3.....it'd suck playing against him twice a year.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Bruh

I'm a Steeler fan, and we've got a ton of needs this year.  Personally, I'm looking at O-Line in the early rounds.  If there's nothing attractive left, maybe try for a corner?

Overall we need OL, LB, and DB help.  If Mike Wallace leaves in free agency (hoping he doesn't, but I don't think we'll give him the money he wants), we'll need to look for WR in the draft too.

I haven't seen this much prospective roster turnover and uncertainty in a Pittsburgh team for a LONG time...it's worrying me a bit.

Justin

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Thing is the great Quaterback debate really revolves around one man...Manning. Do the Colts support him (which I secretly hope they do, I think its a crying shame if he goes Montana/Favre)

or do one of these teams make a move for him (Skins/Jets/Browns)

What I would like to see happen is as stated he stays with the Colts or retires. Luck gets drated and is either groomed for the future or starts based on retirement.

The Browns realize its not their QB who is the problem but in fact the support he has been given and address this and not hit the panic button. There are a couple of linemen I'd go for here or if we are playing honest  ball the cover boy of Madden 2012 IS NOT THE LONG TERM ANSWER.

The Skins then take RGIII later seeing as both Grossman and Beck suck balls.

Personally this is how I'd like to see this go out, but I think the Browns will trade up for RGIII
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Hondo

Am I reading this right, did Jeffery decline to participate in drills? Dude, that throws up a TON of red flags. If the guy is healthy (and all indications I've seen are that he is) and has that many question marks surrounding him, then he needs to run drills. By not doing so, he's lowered his value and draft base, since he'll probably only work out for 5 or 6 teams (maybe more, all depending).

I'm really disappointed by this. I like the guy (even though he played for Spurrier) and would love to have him on my team, but this is surprising.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

Dontari Poe is a manimal.

345 lbs, benched a 44 and ran a 4.8

FUCK.

Cory

Burfict ran a 5.09 40 and Keuchly ran a 4.5.......so Eagles make the right fucking pick at linebacker.

Justin

Quote from: JackHondo on February 27, 2012, 02:56:30 PM
Am I reading this right, did Jeffery decline to participate in drills? Dude, that throws up a TON of red flags. If the guy is healthy (and all indications I've seen are that he is) and has that many question marks surrounding him, then he needs to run drills. By not doing so, he's lowered his value and draft base, since he'll probably only work out for 5 or 6 teams (maybe more, all depending).

I'm really disappointed by this. I like the guy (even though he played for Spurrier) and would love to have him on my team, but this is surprising.

He didn't work out because he is waiting until the South Carolina pro day. A lot people do this, namely; Luck, RGIII, Blackmon(Only participate in one drill).  It's not uncommon at all.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I am still hoping the Bears get Floyd!!!

Outside of that I think its going to be pretty interesting to see who tries to wheel and deal their way further up the ladder to get a QB. Brings back to me the comment I made about their being a real lack of elite QBs in the NFL these days.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

Quote from: JustinP on February 27, 2012, 04:05:57 PM
He didn't work out because he is waiting until the South Carolina pro day. A lot people do this, namely; Luck, RGIII, Blackmon(Only participate in one drill).  It's not uncommon at all.

Boom. Blackmons going to tear up...top 5 pick worthy.

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Trumpers on February 27, 2012, 01:46:40 PM
The Browns realize its not their QB who is the problem but in fact the support he has been given and address this and not hit the panic button. There are a couple of linemen I'd go for here or if we are playing honest  ball the cover boy of Madden 2012 IS NOT THE LONG TERM ANSWER.

^THIS!

And I like Alshon

Cory

I think the Browns do need better upgrades than RG3....but they need to take him. Any team that doesnt have an elite QB needs to try and get that 2nd pick.

McCoy wont ever amount to anything more than a .500 QB....RG3 can be a pro bowler within 2 years