News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Who do you hope YOUR team drafts?

Started by Cory, February 22, 2012, 12:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

This is my Mock First Round

Indianapolis - QB andrew luck
Washington- QB robert griffin III
Minnesota- CB - Morris Claiborne
Cleveland - RB trent richardson
Tampa Bay- OT Matt Kalil
St Louis- WR Justin Blackmon
Jacksonville - DE Melvin Ingram
Miami - QB Ryan Tannehill
Carolina- CB Stephon Gilmore
Buffalo - WR Michale Floyd
Kansas City - OT Riley Reiff
Seattle- DE Quinton Coples
Arizona - G David DeCastro
Dallas- S Mark Barron
Philadelphia- LB Luke Kuechley
NY Jets- DT Fletcher Cox
Cincinnati- CB Dre Kirkpatrick
San Diego - DE Whitney Mercilus
Chicago - DT Michael Brockers
Tennessee- DT Dontari Poe
Cincinnati - CB Janoris Jenkins
Cleveland- WR Kendall Wright
Detroit - LB Donta' Hightower
Pittsburgh- OLB/DE Courtney Upshaw
Denver- RB Doug Martin
Houston- WR Alshon Jeffery (STEAL OF THE DRAFT)
New England- S Harrison Smith
Green Bay - Cordy Glenn
Baltimore- Jonathan Martin
San Francisco- TE Coby Fleener
New England- DE Nick Perry
NY Giants- Kevin Zeitler

T-Bonizzle

What are the Browns smoking?

They had the 4th pick, Vikings have the third. They trade with them for the 3rd pick and give up a bunch of stuff to get Trent Richardson...a player that the Vikings were not going to draft and thus would be available at #4.

Can someone explain this to me? Because it just looks like to me that the Browns hate their fans here.

Hondo

Well that was an interesting first round.

I'm still trying to figure out why the Hawks took Bruce Irvin with guys like Shea McClellin, Courtney Upshaw and Dont'a Hightower were still on the board. J-Bev, what were your boys thinkin there?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

Yeah.....only reason I see them taking Irvin is that as a end he instantly comes in as maybe the quickest end in the league (maybe a toss up with Elvis Dumervil), and he can transition to outside linebacker too easily. Still a shocking pick, really their pick and the niners pick of AJ Jenkins when Stephen Hill and Alshon Jeffery/Ruben Randel were still on the board was making me scratch my head.

Browns had an excellent draft, got Trent Richardson whose my pick for offensive rookie of the year now with the sheer amount of carries and receptions hell get, and Weeden who can come into camp right away and be their starter.

Also really glad my Eagles got Fletcher Cox, the best defensive lineman in the draft. With Trent Cole, Cox, Cullen Jenkins, and Babin we have the best d-line in the league IMO.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

RickRampage

They traded because the Vikings were shopping to sell their draft pick. Tampa Bay was one of the teams interested in Richardson and they were also one of the teams looking to trade for the pick. Vikings used this to their advantage and got a more than favorable deal from the Browns who wanted Richardson at all costs. It's called leverage, and the Vikings used it to their advantage.

Black Death

I get to work and turn on the tv in the break room to ESPN and see the Cowboys about to pick .   I was like damn ... they at 14 already that was fast  ... than I look and it 6 th pick and they select Morris Claiborne.  I am happy about that pick ... now we just need to address few more things and it all good .

Brandon Carr and Claiborne with Mike Jenkins can really help firm up that secondary

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Justin

They didn't need to trade back and get him in the second round. He would have been waiting there for him anyways.

Hondo

I saw quite a few mocks that had him as far back as the fourth round. They could have waited and waited and still got him.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

T-Bonizzle

I hope Upshaw falls to the Ravens at 35...

Just two picks between him and the Ravens...Rams need a WR so hopefully they pick one. Colts...I dunno...I just hope they don't pick him either.

Doug E Fresh

The Browns took a QB who is only younger than me by 150 days.

Justin

Cory

Quote from: JustinP on April 27, 2012, 04:59:21 PM
And is better than McCoy.

This.

and odds say, worst case scenario Hawks could have trade up in the 2nd to get Irvin (I highly confident he would have been snapped up today).

Day 2, I hope Eagles get Lamar Miller (RB, Miami), and either Brock Osweiler (QB, AZU), or Mychal Kendricks (LB, Cal)

RickRampage

Oooh Yeah, Stephen Hill to the Jets.

Cory

Damn, Ravens getting Upshaw is a really good pick.

Like Philly getting Kendricks...would have preferred Upshaw but no way he'd fall to them.

Damn, Bears risking it on Alshon Jeffery. If he pans out, him and Marshall with Knox stretching the field is scary.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on April 28, 2012, 02:29:26 AM
Damn, Bears risking it on Alshon Jeffery. If he pans out, him and Marshall with Knox stretching the field is scary.

Knox I think will take sometime to come back into the fold given everything which has gone on with him. Personally, I think the one worth mentioning is Earl Bennett...

if Forte doesnt hold out...and we can get some protection on the O-Line we will be a force in the new season
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'