News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Who do you hope YOUR team drafts?

Started by Cory, February 22, 2012, 12:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPDougie

Maybe so, like I said I do have an SEC bias.  I think Glenn has a bit more versatility to play either tackle or guard, but your point of Wisconsin lineman, when they have produced so many good ones is a fair point.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: JustinP on April 30, 2012, 10:16:10 AM
I think Alshon coupled with Marshall gives Cutler all the firepower he needs.  I may be biased, but I think Alshon is the best pure receiver in the draft.  He's dropped the weight and he's increased his speed.  The guy is a monster and catches everything that is thrown his way.

Believe he has now been locked up for 4 years on contract.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

SPDougie

The problem with Alshon is he only dropped weight to get a job.  The shape he played at in college at 240 lbs, he will not be a successful WR in the NFL if that weight problem arises again.  He is as talented as anyone but it's all on him establishing the work ethic, so if the Bears can make sure he does that then they will have something.

Cory

He bumps up to 240, make the chubby son bitch a tight end.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

SPDougie

Quote from: Cory on May 03, 2012, 11:01:25 PM
He bumps up to 240, make the chubby son bitch a tight end.

That's his only choice if he continues to have weight issues or just pull a Mike Williams and leave the leave for a couple years before you get it all together.

Justin

First of all he didn't lose the weight just to get a job.  Steve Spurrier and the rest of the coaching staff never made him lose the weight, or lift weights for that matter.  Even playing at 240 pounds he DOMINATED the SEC.  Even this past season he did decent despite the absolute shitty QB play for the Gamecocks.  He will be a good receiver.

SPDougie

Quote from: JustinP on May 04, 2012, 11:45:20 AM
First of all he didn't lose the weight just to get a job.  Steve Spurrier and the rest of the coaching staff never made him lose the weight, or lift weights for that matter.  Even playing at 240 pounds he DOMINATED the SEC.  Even this past season he did decent despite the absolute shitty QB play for the Gamecocks.  He will be a good receiver.

No offense but I'm not sure how you can say with fact he didn't lose weight to get a job.  To a lot of people that is exactly what it looked like and was a big red flag.  I'm sure the coaching staff at SC has some fault in things but players also need to take responsibility for themselves and fairly or unfairly a lot of people see him as lazy.  I have no doubts in his abilities but if he doesnt control his weight he won't be very good at the NFL level.  I have nothing against the kid though and hope he does and is able to succeed at the next level.