News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NFL Debate #24: What QB Faces the most Pressure in 2014?

Started by Cory, July 23, 2013, 01:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

I went with Newton. He needs to prove he can win games, simple as that.

Hondo

I'm going against the grain and going with Andy Dalton.

So now they have all these weapons around Dalton. They've got AJ Green, who in my mind is one of the five best receivers in the game. He's got an emerging #2 receiver in Mohammed Sanu. He's got a shifty YAC slot receiver in Andrew Hawkins. He's got the best Tight End in this year's draft in Tyler Eifert, who will team with Jermaine Gresham in Two-TE Sets. He's got a safety-valve pass-catching RB in Gio Bernard. Not to mention the Bengals have one of the best defenses in the league, and should give him plenty of support. Now, it all rest on Dalton's shoulders to get some playoff wins. If Dalton can't get it done this season, he probably never will.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

GM Franchise

I went with Sanchez. If he doesn't produce he's going to be Geno Smith's back up by midseason.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 23, 2013, 01:39:55 PM
I went with Sanchez. If he doesn't produce he's going to be Geno Smith's back up by midseason.

...or by training camps end.

Doug E Fresh

Brandon Weeden.

Not because we expect the playoffs or anything. But its clear despite having no competition that if he doesn't improve this year we're dumping him.

Justin

Quote from: JackHondo on July 23, 2013, 01:22:31 PM
I'm going against the grain and going with Andy Dalton.

So now they have all these weapons around Dalton. They've got AJ Green, who in my mind is one of the five best receivers in the game. He's got an emerging #2 receiver in Mohammed Sanu. He's got a shifty YAC slot receiver in Andrew Hawkins. He's got the best Tight End in this year's draft in Tyler Eifert, who will team with Jermaine Gresham in Two-TE Sets. He's got a safety-valve pass-catching RB in Gio Bernard. Not to mention the Bengals have one of the best defenses in the league, and should give him plenty of support. Now, it all rest on Dalton's shoulders to get some playoff wins. If Dalton can't get it done this season, he probably never will.

Hondo stole my pick. 

Gravedigger

Cam. While he has seemed to be impressive so far, his team hasn't won. Luck, Griffin, and RG3 all made playoffs last year. Dalton has made it 2 years in a row. Kapernick nearly won the Super Bowl. Young quarterbacks are producing victories in the league these days, so Newton needs to show he can do the same.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I would say Jay Cutler and thats because I am a Bears fan, but there is reason. Lovie Smith I think lost his job because it was either him or Cutler simple as that. Sure the Bears stumbled last season, but I think the offense is now going to be dictated around Cutler's style and he has looked shakey in preseason. The Bears havent had a franchise QB in my opinion since Jim McMahon, we bet the house on Cutler being that guy. We have given him weapons such as Brandon Marshall and although he produced in spectacular fashion last season, Cutler was meh. The offensive line has been blamed for this a lot and I think there is justification in that, however there is no doubting he has weapons now to produce. Marshall and the emerging Jefferey, we invested in the TE position and Earl Bennett is a compotent 3rd WR. Forte is brilliant out of the backfield and gives the Bears a running presence as well to relieve pressure on Cutler as does bruiser Michael Bush. The defence will not be as strong coming into the 2013 season so offensively he has to step up. I also think he hasnt won over the Bears fans so much. Is this a city which has been use to have mediocre at best QBs...seen us bet the house and expected results? I believe so.

Outside him I think there has to be pressure on Mark Sanchez. The Jets are just all over the media constantly and the fact they went Geno Smith gives me the impression the confidence in Sanchez is just not there. Tony Romo also has to be feeling the pressure as well given his contract...and finally for me Christian Ponder. Bit out of left field, but the Vikings have the tools around him offensively to do something in the NFC North which I believe is one of the toughest if not the toughest division in the NFL. Ponder is probably the worst of the QBs in the division, but the Vikings need him to produce something to be competitive, completely relying on Adrian Peterson is never going to be the answer.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jon

I agree with some of the names people have mentioned, but I'll toss a few other names into the mix that are under pressure to perform this season.

Philip Rivers: Norv Turner is gone... AJ Smith is gone... meaning Philip Rivers needs to perform or he is most likely out this season. The NFL has been going in a younger direction, mainly because there are cheaper options out there that have been getting the job done. I am under the impression that Rivers will need to lead the Chargers to the playoffs this season for him to stick around.

Michael Vick: First off, he needs to win the starting QB spot. On top of that, he is in the final year of his contract and unless a miracle happens and the Eagles decide he is the Eagles QB until he retires, he'll most likely land in free agency. He's a new offense that will be entirely built around the QB position and fits right into his strengths. He also plays in what I think is the most competitive division in football. And the biggest key for him will be to stay healthy.

Joe Flacco: If Tony Romo is under pressure with his contract... then Flacco certainly should be to. Sure, he is a Super Bowl winning QB now, but now the pressure will be on him to continue the wave of success the Ravens have had. No more Ray Lewis and Ed Reed to bale him out on the defensive end. This season will see if Flacco has what it truly takes to be an elite QB in the league.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors