News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

What's wrong with the Chargers?

Started by Bryan Payne, February 05, 2010, 09:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Payne

For years now the Chargers have supposed to have taken that "next step" of getting into the superbowl, but have just not been able to seal the deal.  Norv Turner and Marty S have taken the lion's share of the blame for this, but is there a deeper problem in San Diego?  What are your thoughts on why the Chargers always seem to be the "it" team in November, but never seem to make that February appearance.

Cory

They have never found a balance. Either it was LT tearing up or Rivers tearing up....and they're D is either very hot or very cold, and usually depends on the play of Merriman, who too, its hot and cold.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I think everything they have is good, but not world class and thats there problem. Great players, but not Superstars, you need a few stars to win it I think.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Doug E Fresh

FXBlade

Nate Kaeding.

That is all.

He bottled it on a big night, if he had replaced the batteries in his foot, the game aganst the Jets would have been different.

Double G

Quote from: Blade on February 06, 2010, 02:50:26 PM
Nate Kaeding.

That is all.

He bottled it on a big night, if he had replaced the batteries in his foot, the game aganst the Jets would have been different.

Yep.

And as Ian said they need stars, LT is starting to decline if only a little but he was at his best when Rivers was still coming into the prime form he's currently in.

Bryan Payne

Do any of you really think Rivers deserves the credit he's getting or is as good as some people like to say?  I mean isn't his success dependent on that running game that has developed first with LT and now with Sproles?  If you took him off the Chargers and tossed him onto a throw first team like the Eagles.. would he have success?

Personally I don't think so.  I think he's a solid, good qb, who has benefited from fantastic running backs thus far in his career.  I'm not convinced he has what it takes to shoulder the burden of the offense on his shoulders.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I am not convinced either, but I think he did a good job. I mean this was the franchise that drafted Ryan Leaf is memory serves me correct.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Bryan Payne

Oh yes...  the man who was supposed to better than Manning lol.

But speaking of Chargers moves... they took a lot of heat for trading out of the Micheal Vick sweepstakes which in the prism of history worked out pretty damn well for them.. (Netting both LT and Rivers).  What position do you see their most pressing need now?