Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Vick Named Eagles Starter

Started by Cory, September 21, 2010, 09:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Gates

Not surprising to me, really. I figured unless Kolb lit it up week one, it would only be a matter of time before Vick took over the starting job.

Mark Mania

I couldn't believe there were two days where Reid was considering Kolb as the starter. Granted Vick was up against the Lions defense last week he was still stellar. Running all over the field, showing his still strong arm.

Say what you will about dog killers. I'm a Michael Vick fan.

Hondo

Here's the thing.

Yes, Vick is playing some inspired football, and yes, he deserves to be on the field. But they still need to see what they have in Kolb if he's the quote-unquote franchise quarterback.

It's a catch 22 if you think about it.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

I love the move, and its the first move from that fat walrus fuck that I've agreed upon since drafted DeSean Jackson 2 years ago.

But.....

He's hypothetically saying the the QB who was supposed to take the helm and one of the bigger reasons why McNabb is now on a rival team has just got canned after playing 2 quarters.

Maybe McNabb wasn't so bad afterall?

Kirk

I'm pissed off at this decision because I had thought about picking him up after the first week (but was beaten to it) and am now going to have to face him this week. I vote that Kolb should get another chance this weekend.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Gates

Maybe theres more to this?

Cory and Hondo are right. Kolb was supposedly the Eagles QB that would take the reigns for McNabb. Canning him gives a bad impression. I'd say maybe Kolb's injury is worse than we've been led to believe, but I don't know if thats the answer.

Then again, is the Eagles WANT to win, maybe they figure they can win more games this season with Vick than Kolb, and give Kolb another year to learn and get ready to take over.

Mark Mania

Aaron Rodgers had to wait his turn too.

Vick has proved himself the last two weeks as being a more than viable starting QB. The guy has a strong arm, and if no one is open, oops, he runs for 15 yards. The guy is a monster and when he was on the Falcons he almost led them to a Super Bowl. He's had more than a year to get back into football shape now and it's showing.

I don't think this is punishing Kolb as much as it is rewarding Vick.

Kolb has to wait his turn, that's all.

Ash Bombay

So have you guys completely missed where Reid said his o-line was doo doo and that Kolb is a pocket qb and would get murdered, but since Vick is a tuck it and run as well as passing some, that's why they made the switch? It's really for Kolbs health here. Besides he still has tons of value because teams are calling about him all the time since the switch.

Gates

Reid's comment leads me to believe that until the O-Line is fixed, Kolb would never be a starting QB in Philadelphia.

In related news...

The Eagles are hearing/have heard trade offers for Kolb.

Cory

Its times like this I wonder they didnt toss a 1yr deal at C Kevin Mawae....the guys a pro bowler and was juts begging to play anywhere.

Cory

Gates

Seems to be. Like I said, Vick probably gives them more of a chance to win NOW, while Kolb will probably be good in a few years. If the issue is the O-Line, once they fix that, he should be good to go. And really, Kolb can learn a lot watching/backing up Vick, and if the two are as good friends as the broadcasters today were saying, then I'm sure Vick would love teaching Kolb as much as Kolb would love to learn from him.

And really, Vick gives them that chance to win because it forces defenses to not only cover the receivers and watch for McCoy, but they also have to be wary of Vick's running game.

Mark Mania

Yeah... If I were Kevin Kolb, I'd buy a seat warmer for that bench in Philadelphia, he's going to be on it for the next few months quite often.