News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)

Started by Wild, March 16, 2011, 09:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Janitor

FINALLY got to play it, loved the story mode, and i thought the crypt was more full of random, fun KODES then anything else, but it was good. To see the origins of most of the character i know and love is excellent, and when i walked away from story mode i felt like i was pausing a movie, not a video game, the story is excellent, the game play is spot on and one of my favourite things

[spoiler]is that they finally made a robot Sub Zero, that was a cool ass addition. I know many might not consider this worthy enough but if you're into MK and the story in games then it might be considered a spoiler[/spoiler]

Ash Bombay

So me and my buddy sat down and started the challenge tower, and about 50 challenges in, I look up and found out there is 300 challenges. Fucking 300 challenges! That's insane.

Midas

I find myself spreading my time on different aspects of this game:

Challenge Tower - I started this with the assumption it was 100 and when I got to 100 I was shocked it kept going so I pulled out my laptop and found out 300... Well at 150 now and still working on it...

Story Mode - I once again was unsure how long this was so I started and am still working on it but I must say that it is just great...

Arcade Ladder - My goal to to see every ending for each character and thus far have only finished it with Scorpion, Sub Zero, Johnny Cage & Raiden but my plan is to beat it with a new person each day so this shouldn't take long...

Krypt -  I am a big fan of the krypt and found myself just picking random lots to open but finally I looked online and decided to go for all the fatalities first then work on the rest...

Overall I am having a great time and that says allot seeing how I rarely play games on my X-BOX...

Skip Sanders

I can't wait to buy that DLC pack with all the skins and fatalities.  I have been loving this game since I bought it, however I am hoping for that PSN store to great straightened out that has been a nightmare! Either way, the game has been sick and I am loving the story mode, can't wait to see what's next with the Mortal Kombat franchise.

J-Reb

Been looking forward to this one. Going to dig in tonight!

Chris Stern

For those interested

Fixes from the patchless hotfix update on May 20th

Some more notes:

• Reduced some of Kung Lao’s combo and overall damage.
• Reduced the damage on some special moves.
• Increased the damage scaling after Kitana’s Enhanced ground fan toss.
• Adjusted some juggle’s damage scaling.
• Reduced the damage on some basic combos that were doing too much damage without using any meter.
• Increased Sheeva’s damage output for several of her moves and attacks.
• Temporarily Changed around some of Sonya’s fighting style properties to reduce her ability to lock someone down in block stun.
• Reduced the recovery on Kano’s Upball to be closer to Johnny Cage’s Flip Kick recovery.
• Increased the damage of some of Baraka’s special moves and attacks.
• It is easy to juggle combo after hitting someone with Baraka’s chopchop on the ground.
• Increased the damage scaling on a frozen opponent.
• Baraka’s Away + FK FP combo is now a true popup.
• Reduced some of Reptile's combo damage.

Would also post the notes from the 1.02 patch that came out this past weekend for US PS3 users(it should hit 360 and EU PS3 users once it passes certification hopefully by the end of this week) but sadly the forums of the main MK site is under maintenance so I can read the offical notes.

But the few changes that have been found are and posted by NetherRealm development team member/lead designer Paulo Garcia:

Kung Lao's spin is now more punishable on block, Baraka received more buffs including increase in speed

Quan Chi can now move while a opponent has been "Zombie tranced"  but recived nerfs to his Teleport mix up.

Cyrax's bomb trap is now a 50/50 where before it was a unblockable/unbreakable 100% trap , command grab is now breakable within 10 frames

Sheeva received a new pop up launcher from  f3,b1( Forward FK, Back FP) and all her "grabs" have 1 hit of armor

alot of EX/enhanced moves now have armor like Johnny cages "EX" Shadow kick (Armor is when someone can hit you during the move but you wont be popped out of it/move stopped, but will receive damage for the hit)

Change/Nerf to one of Shang Tsung ground skull/fireball forest combo's not sure what string got hit though.

Kabal block infinite removed

Sonya military stance infinite removed as is the ablity to cancel into military stance and back with d+4

Parry glitch and Johnny cage X-ray glitch removed

Fixes to Stryker's x-ray and a few of his moves

Sub-zero ex ice blast combo perma freeze glitch removed

Input window to Cyber Sub Zero's ice bombs have been shortend to prevent them from comming out during a dash into 3 combo

General shortening of the games input buffer/negative edge window

General fixes to netcode 

There's also a another patchless hotfix* that will go out once 360 users and EU PS3 users receive the 1.02 patch
this will have buffs for Quan Chi as well as a nerf to Kano's adjusted Upball to make it punishable on block but will keep it's adjusted speed. 

*Patchless hotfixes when available are applied and saved(PS3 only, 360 currently has a issue where the updates don't save to the HDD but a fix is being looked into and maybe in the 360 1.02 patch) when you start the game up and your connected online.

Also the first of the four planned DLC characters Skarlet(you can see her story trailer here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh3z69pEZH4&feature=player_embedded) will be available on PSN and Live on June 21st there will also be a special pack added to your game that day which will allow players who didn't buy skarlet to have her model so they can play against those who do, this update will also have for free Retro MK3 Cyrax and Sektor alternates for free.

Seen above^

While the other 3 DLC charecters:

Kenshi - the blind swordsman from MK Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon

the just announced Rain- the purple "Ninja" from the SNES and Genesis versions of UMK3, MK Trilogy and Armageddon

and one as to yet revealed character(believed to be Fujin the wind god from MK4 and MK Mythologies Subzero)