News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Guild wars 2

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, August 30, 2012, 07:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Anyone playing it? I think it's pure class. Very well polished, and it contains the best PvP I've ever played.

Definitely worth checking it out.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

! JDM The Professional !

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Rob

I'd like to give it a go, a few mates were playing the beta but with MoP coming out next week it looks unlikely for a while
SixersEagles

[/center]

Judge

What's Guild Wars 2?

Oh right, it's an NCSoft game.  Fuck NCSoft after the bitch way they shut down City of Heroes.  I'll never fucking touch another one of their games ever.

J-Reb

Installing now.

Going to give it a try, atleast.

Doug E Fresh

Rebel Child

NECRO-REZZING!

I was in love with the first Guild Wars, I really enjoyed it.  The whole not having to pay to play was a real winner with me.. That and my friends kept going "Hey! Have a code for you, happy birthday! (merry christmas etc etc)" for the expansions.

One of my favorite things to do was to help people sell their loot for a small and tidy profit.  I wasn't good at soloing, and if you didn't solo you sometimes lose the goodies, as they were randomy given to others.

My other favorite thign was AB, which is Alliance Battles.  You fought for either side (god I can't even remember which one), and it was like PVP, lite.  You could make some good gold that way because you could turn in your 'loot' and make money from it.

It was a lot of fun.

Then when I heard Guildwars 2 was coming out, and there would be different species, and a few new classes, and other things I was like "aroo?" I wasn't -too- certain. 

But now I am certain.

This game is fucking fantastic.  The graphics are amazing, it doesn't feel like grinding.  And whilst there is no AB and it's not really something to go and 'trade' like you did once upon a time on GW1, it's not needed.

There's this cool little thing called WVW, or in other words World versus World that honestly reminds me of AB. 

If you die (and I'll be honest, I do die a lot), you can either rally, someone else can rezz you, if you have rezz orbs you can use one of those, or you can use a Waypoint (wooo Teleportation!) to rezz.  Of course, there are downsides if you truly die, and cannot rally or be rezzed, your armor can get damaged, but hey you can get it repaired pretty easily. 

My favorite class from GW1 was Ranger, and I gotta be honest - it still is.  Your classes aren't really sequestering you from using specific weapons, you can use multiple different ones.  For the Ranger you can use throwing daggers, axes, swords (not throwing them), and of course bows.  I'm a bow sort of person so that's what I stick with.  Your animal companions are also awesome, you don't just have one, you can have multiple, and the two that are your 'mains' you can switch between.  You can go around, 'collecting' different animals, you can see how many there are available that you can get.  I want to end up getting all of them.

Plus if you're doing underwater fighting (which we didn't have in the first one) you can have two under water animal companions that are totally different from your land animals (though you can have some of your land animals accompany you as well).

Also NCSoft has incorporated jumping.  Now for some folks that wouldn't be a big deal, however, in GW1 there -was- no jumping, in fact, it was an emote in the first one.  In this one.. You jump, you jump a lot.  There are things called Vistas, and most times you have to jump specific ways to get them, and you have to be kind of..skillful to do so (in other words, I fall a lot).  There's also these things called Jumping Puzzles.  Now with Jumping Puzzles, you have to jump from Point A to POint b, and when you get there, if you haven't fallen... You get loot. (I dont' do jumping puzzles often, I fall a lot).

One thing I enjoy about Guildwars 2 is the fact you don't -have- to play with others. (Yea, I know it's an MMO but eh).  Because most times the things you need -alot- of help with are group events, and there are already people there.  Granted, there are those who look for groups, and by all means.  I know I'm going to have to group up at least once for an area.   But I also have the ability to choose to not play with others if I don't want to.  Something that GW didn't really give much option for, in a lot of ways. 

The fact you don't have to pay to play is a really big thing too.  Sure there are things called microtransactions that you can do.  It's where you purchase gems, for more storage space, or bank space, or character tabs.  Then there are other things you can buy with these gems.  However, you don't have to -pay- for these gems, if you're good at farming, and get some goodies, you can actually turn your gold in for gems, the game lets you do that.

ZThere are a lot of free events, and activities, right now they're winding down the Dragon Bash, which is just this epic party for the most part, with rpg elements involved, and new foes to fight, as well as nifty things you can win like little minion pets (they dont do anything, but they are adorable), and games to play.  You also can get skins for weapons and armor, including dragon helms, and dragon wings. 

But the aspect I like the most?

The rpg aspect of it, the storyline is breathtaking, as is the environment.   It reminds me of what Dragon Age Origins was like, without being so clunky. 

I don't play daily, and I don't feel really like I -have- to.  Granted there -are- ups for doing so.  Every day there is completionist challenge, they give you so many things to complete and for 24 hours, if you complete five of them? You get some goodies.  They also have a monthly completionist, which are much bigger tasks, but you can usually achieve them without a problem.

I kind of sound like Angry Joe when it comes to this review of the game, but I'm going to be honest, it's rather cool.

So for someone who likes the idea of an MMO on their terms, and RPG formats?  This is for them.

This is also for those who don't feel the need to play every day because they might miss something. 

It's a good time sink when you want to, but you always know the game will be there when you get back. 

And now I'll let Angry Joe tell you in better terms than I could.

http://youtu.be/Ax-_06Acj8Y

Black Death

join the angry joe army
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Rebel Child

I just found out that the Angry Army guild disbanded, which is a shame.

there are some downfalls to the game, apparently one I didn't know which is for officers and guild leaders, they can't see the last time someone logged on, hwich in turn effected the cohesion of the guild. That and thier interest shifted to other games.

Whcih for a guy who makes money doing reviews and the sort, I can understand that.

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]